Broncos player retention

m1c said:
We dont need backrowers but, we need PROPS

100% agree, we have plenty of backrowers...and if thats not enough we have a couple of good ones in the U20s side in Matt Handcock and Alex Glenn!

m1c said:

I agree, but we've also got a few "backrowers" who should be playing in the front row anyway - Thaiday and Taylor and maybe even Sims.

Beads6 said:
I don't think we shoudl waste our money on Te'o TBH... Why would Boyd want to go to the Dragons , they have a $hit load of good backs. I don't want Boyd to go unless he is going to be playing fullback.

isnt it obvious these days - greed.

Boyd to the Dragons a done deal according to today's Telecrap.

Alec said:
m1c said:

I agree, but we've also got a few "backrowers" who should be playing in the front row anyway - Thaiday and Taylor and maybe even Sims.

Sims has been playing in tight this year anyway, he may as well have been playing with an 8 or a 10 on his back. He can handle the defence and he has shown he he can handle taking the 1st or 2nd hit up as well. Taylor is the same, out and out prop though he is in all sorts at the moment.

Thaiday is not a prop. I think he has shown he struggles through the middle 3rd. He is upto the defensive workload there but he struggles to bend the line hitting it up. He is definately not someone who can cope with the 1st or 2nd hit up and IMO is totally wasted there anyway. The left edge is the place for him.

I read in the Sunday Telegraph today that they belive Boyd is a done deal signing with StGeorge. Who knows

In todays courier it has Kaufusi as being unwanted by the storm next year..... IMO he MUST to be our number 1 priority. Our front row depth is just zero, we need a pack leader to take over from Hannant and he is it. I think we need him much more than some couple of young back rowers which is what we are apparently after instead.

m1c said:
In todays courier it has Kaufusi as being unwanted by the storm next year..... IMO he MUST to be our number 1 priority. Our front row depth is just zero, we need a pack leader to take over from Hannant and he is it. I think we need him much more than some couple of young back rowers which is what we are apparently after instead.

The Courier Mail also said the Broncos weren't interested in Kaufusi because they can't afford his price tag

bfoord said:
m1c said:

The Courier Mail also said the Broncos weren't interested in Kaufusi because they can't afford his price tag

Hence why i said "i think we need him much more than a couple of young back rowers" which the courier mail also has us after.

He lived in QLD untill he was 18/19, surely the go home factor would help as well..

bfoord said:
[The Courier Mail also said the Broncos weren't interested in Kaufusi because they can't afford his price tag

Well there you go. Obviously the price is wrong then!

m1c said:
Alec said:
m1c said:

Sims has been playing in tight this year anyway, he may as well have been playing with an 8 or a 10 on his back. He can handle the defence and he has shown he he can handle taking the 1st or 2nd hit up as well. Taylor is the same, out and out prop though he is in all sorts at the moment.

Thaiday is not a prop. I think he has shown he struggles through the middle 3rd. He is upto the defensive workload there but he struggles to bend the line hitting it up. He is definately not someone who can cope with the 1st or 2nd hit up and IMO is totally wasted there anyway. The left edge is the place for him.

Agree completely.

Why did big sammy keep turning into the ruck the other night. He kept getting smashed and making no yeard every time he did it? He was great otherwise but I just wondered why he was running straight back into towards the markers.

Probably hoping to catch out their marker defence a bit? Their marker defence was non-existent against Parramatta, and the Eels' big men exploited it.

They probably tried to see if they'd really fixed it up.

Nick Kenny stormed through a gap on the edge of the ruck, which was a similar play to that which netted Hindmarsh a couple of tries the week before. That worked.

People are naive if they don't think the Broncos study their opposition on video and devise the game plan accordingly.

he would have been a great signing. probably only missed out on SOO this year cos of not much playing time, has some good years of footy in front of him.

I know the below article's title doesnt relate to our player retention but it has some points I'd like to discuss.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23906608-23214,00.html

It says Martin Gleeson has inquired about playing with us next year if Warrington can draw Lyon away from the Eagles (looks like Gleeson will come anyway from the sounds of the article) but can we afford him?

His price would be reasonably high I suspect, being a former British international, he is also 28 years old...so probably at his prime age.

Also do we really need anymore centres? I dont think so, I guess the depth would be handy.

Opinions anyone?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Manifesto
  • BroncosAlways
  • simplythebest
  • Strop
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bb_gun
  • lynx000
  • Gaz
  • peter09
  • Scorchie
  • Santa
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.