Broncos player retention

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Michaels has taken the option in his favour for next year and is in the midst of extending it to the end of 2010.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
well that is good news, he's a more safer option than Kemp or Robinson.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Heard a whisper that the Broncos are interested in Ben Te'o. Don't know how factual that is considering the current salary cap pressure. We'll see what happens I suppose.

Kan Huang

Kan Huang

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Highly doubt it. Te'o is doing so well at the Tigers at the moment I don't see why he would even contemplate making a switch.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
SimplyBronco said:
Highly doubt it. Te'o is doing so well at the Tigers at the moment I don't see why he would even contemplate making a switch.

Players move from teams, even good ones. Maybe he'd prefer to live in Brisbane rather than dirty, smelly, drive by shooting, Lauren Huxley bashing Sydney :P

Kan Huang

Kan Huang

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hmm you're onto something Coxy! =P Haha I just reckon he'd prefer to establish himself for a little longer especially under a coach like Sheens who you never know what pleases him and what doesn't. Though he would be a welcome addition here at the Broncos if we snapped him up. Definitely got size and mobility!

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Te'o is off contract. Tigers haven't made him an offer yet.

Kan Huang

Kan Huang

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
I've grown to take everything with a grain of salt when a player is off contract. Whenever they're off, you find that you have pretty much all other 15 teams chasing after a player. It's ridiculous. Until there's pen to paper I'm not gonna believe a word said!

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Thats why I said i'm not too sure whether to believe it. Haha. I seriously doubt it, but I said the same about Motu Tony.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Surely we'd be attempting to re-sign our players before signing more from other clubs...

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Could a face from the Broncos past be returning.........?

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:
Surely we'd be attempting to re-sign our players before signing more from other clubs...

Whoa! You'd think so wouldn't you.

So how would our side look next season without Ennis, Wallace and Hannant?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
rnabokov said:
Alec said:

Whoa! You'd think so wouldn't you.

So how would our side look next season without Ennis, Wallace and Hannant?

Wallace will be at the Broncos next season. he has a contract and there is no way the Broncos will release him.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
bfoord said:
Wallace will be at the Broncos next season. he has a contract and there is no way the Broncos will release him.

But he has a clause in this contract stating, the contract has to be upgraded as he has now played Origin. (The Broncos have 28 day, after his debut for the Blues to come up with an offer)

Meaning if is not he can leave at the end of the year.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Nah, the clause in his contract would be as an extension. I'm pretty sure has to honour his current contract, but the Broncos can upgrade it and extend it. If they do not, he can start negotiation with clubs in November for the 2010 season. If they upgrade his contract mid season, the salary cap will have to be adjusted and everything.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Wallace better not leave!!!

Stuff trying to get Ben Te'o, we need to sign Hannant and our outside backs first.

I am pretty much resigned to losing Staggy and Ennis.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • barker
  • Dash
  • Alec
  • winslow_wong
  • Fozz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Old Mate
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.