Broncos player retention

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Everyone on here is talking about the possibility of Ennis following Bennett to the Dragons. but if you read the article from the Illawarra Mercury. they have given a list of players leaving the Dragons, some of the ones still on contract and those in the frame to join the Dragons. now i don't beleive everything sports writers say, but the only Broncos player mentioned is Hannant. and i am really on;y worried about losing Hannant to the Titans. because he has stated that he wants to continue to live on the Gold Coast.

STILL ON CONTRACT
Ben Creagh (2009)
Mark Gasnier (2011)
Ben Hornby (2010)
Dan Hunt (2009)
Brett Morris (2009)
Justin Poore (2009)
Chase Stanley (2010)
Dean Young (2010)

SET TO STAY
Matt Cooper
Jason Nightingale

IN THE FRAME
Trent Barrett (Wigan)
Luke Priddis (Penrith)
Craig Fitzgibbon (Roosters)
Ben Hannant (Brisbane)
Luke Rooney (Penrith)
Wendell Sailor (rugby)

UNCERTAIN
Michael Lett
Matt Prior
Kirk Reynoldson
Jarrod Saffy
Lagi Setu
Jamie Soward
Jon Green

IN DOUBT
Jason Ryles
Rangi Chase
Ben Ellis
Jon Green
Beau Scott
Stuart Webb

OUT THE DOOR
Nathan Brown (undecided)
Josh Morris (Bulldogs)
Simon Woolford (retirement)

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/sh ... tml?page=2

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I can't see Hannant leaving QLD, I would be very surprised. The Dragons don't need a clean out they need a decent coach.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Beads6 said:
I can't see Hannant leaving QLD, I would be very surprised. The Dragons don't need a clean out they need a decent coach.

The will have a decent coach next year. probably the best ever coach. the made a huge mistake by giving Brown the head coach at just 29. they needed him to have an extended period as assistant coach. or at the very least head coach at reserve grade level.

BroncoMatt

BroncoMatt

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
Hannant more or less said if Henjack was named Coach he would stay at the Broncos. I'd say were safe icon_thumbs_u

S

Slide

BRL Player
Apr 10, 2008
In order of importance:
Ennis
Hannant
Moon
Eastwood
Boyd
Michaels
Robinson
Kemp
Davies

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Slide said:
In order of importance:
Ennis
Hannant
Moon
Eastwood
Boyd
Michaels
Robinson
Kemp
Davies

I'd swap Moon and Boyd, and i'd rather keep Kemp than Robinson.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Clintos said:
Slide said:
In order of importance:
Ennis
Hannant
Moon
Eastwood
Boyd
Michaels
Robinson
Kemp
Davies

I'd swap Moon and Boyd, and i'd rather keep Kemp than Robinson.

Agreed. Don't know why we'd want to keep Moon though, since Folau is pretty much going to take the other centre spot.

S

Slide

BRL Player
Apr 10, 2008
Moon will fit nicely at lock when ching chong retires.
We have enough wingers.
There are some real quality backs in the Broncos under 20s

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Even more reason we dont need Moon. We will have Stagg to play lock. I can see Hunt playing there in the future too.

P

Prince Langer

NYC Player
Mar 13, 2008
I wouldnt be suprised if Moon played himself into a contract on Friday night. He was absolutely supurb. icon_thumbs_u

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I would. [icon_lol1. This is the best game I have ever seen Moon play, but im not convinced. I've heard he wants out and Melbourne are interested in making him their long term 5/8. We'll see.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I actually want to see Moon get a contract with us. I think our best possible backline next season would be

1. Hunt
2. Michaels/Boyd (depending on how Michaels recovers and how much further Boyd improves...oh and provided they both sign)
3. Hodges
4. Moon
5. Folau

As far as balance goes at least.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I have this rather strong feeling that the Club will play Folau will be in the centres with Hodges, and I would not under-sell Robinson.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
I'm all for players proving me wrong, in fact I enjoy it when they do. At this stage, I haven't seen Robinson do anything that would warrant a wing position next year over the likes of Boyd, Michaels, Kemp.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
rnabokov said:
I have this rather strong feeling that the Club will play Folau will be in the centres with Hodges, and I would not under-sell Robinson.

Robinson is a very average footballer IMO he will need injuries to others to keep his place.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
Have we heard for sure that Staggy has signed on?? Only that he isnt on your list of priorities and I think he we havent got him yet he should be up in the top 3 or 4 eusa_think

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
He hasn't officially put pen to paper, apparently they are still sorting a few things out in regards to contract options.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I keep hearing rumours that Big Benny Hannant is off to the Dragons can anyone here quash these rumours ?? We really need to keep all our young forward pack...

Unread

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • marw
  • Cavalo
  • TimWhatley
  • Rowdy124
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.