Broncos player retention

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
I think Hunt should end up as a lock as he gets heavier later in his career, and uses short passes which he is far more effective at and runs more than play makes which is the type of player he seems to be.

I'd move him there as early as later this season. Hard to justify shifting Boyd away from fullback if he continues the form he showed last night.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Coxy said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
I think Hunt should end up as a lock as he gets heavier later in his career, and uses short passes which he is far more effective at and runs more than play makes which is the type of player he seems to be.

I'd move him there as early as later this season. Hard to justify shifting Boyd away from fullback if he continues the form he showed last night.

Yeah well as I said previously I don't think we missed Hunt at all last night because Boyd did the things that Hunt normally does. If Boyd keeps form ideally I would probably move Hunt to lock later in the season, I think your onto something Mr.***** icon_thumbs_u

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So are you guys saying Carroll doesn't deserve to be lock in his last season with the Broncs - awww, c'mon.

Hunt maybe lock material but not till Tunsa retires.

And yeah, I DO reckon Boyd should be our regular FB - in season '09. Trouble is, will we retain his services?

B

badav

BRL Player
Apr 12, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
WB doesn't deserve Priddis after he threw him away once before, without doubt the dumbest decision he has ever made in terms of cutting/recruiting players. We haven't had a consistent option at 9 since he left until Ennis and Marsh started firing for us this year (Berrigan was good there but he only really played there for the last 6 weeks of 2006).

oh god not more wanking over luke priddis. the guy got a far better offer from penrith and took it. good on him. i hardly see how that means that wayne bennet threw him away.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
badav said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
WB doesn't deserve Priddis after he threw him away once before, without doubt the dumbest decision he has ever made in terms of cutting/recruiting players. We haven't had a consistent option at 9 since he left until Ennis and Marsh started firing for us this year (Berrigan was good there but he only really played there for the last 6 weeks of 2006).

oh god not more wanking over luke priddis. the guy got a far better offer from penrith and took it. good on him. i hardly see how that means that wayne bennet threw him away.

We didn't give him a new offer basically at all. Wayne Bennett has admitted it was a huge mistake since, we had a bunch of guys off contract and couldn't keep all of them and he decided our hooker was expendable and got it very wrong.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
rnabokov said:
So are you guys saying Carroll doesn't deserve to be lock in his last season with the Broncs - awww, c'mon.

And yeah, I DO reckon Boyd should be our regular FB - in season '09. Trouble is, will we retain his services?

Carroll can play 11-13 plus off the bench in a number of roles, he does the same thing no matter where we "play" him.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
The ironic thing about Luke Priddis is that Penrith are doing the same thing to him! Not offering him a new contract when clearly he is there best option in the hooker role. Petero even offered to mow the CEO's lawn and stuff to keep him at the club [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

That to me shows how valuable he is to a team.

K

Kee

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
badav said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":394m6x14]WB doesn't deserve Priddis after he threw him away once before, without doubt the dumbest decision he has ever made in terms of cutting/recruiting players. We haven't had a consistent option at 9 since he left until Ennis and Marsh started firing for us this year (Berrigan was good there but he only really played there for the last 6 weeks of 2006).

[/quote:394m6x14]

We didn't give him a new offer basically at all. Wayne Bennett has admitted it was a huge mistake since, we had a bunch of guys off contract and couldn't keep all of them and he decided our hooker was expendable and got it very
wrong.

Priddis was apparently asking far too much money.WB has since stated out of all the players they have let go the club the biggest mistake was letting Luke Priddis go.Like I said before I just hope they don't repeat and let Ennis get away.

K

Kee

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Kee said:
FCB BB AKA MB said:
badav said:
[quote="FCB BB AKA MB":3r42uka6]WB doesn't deserve Priddis after he threw him away once before, without doubt the dumbest decision he has ever made in terms of cutting/recruiting players. We haven't had a consistent option at 9 since he left until Ennis and Marsh started firing for us this year (Berrigan was good there but he only really played there for the last 6 weeks of 2006).

We didn't give him a new offer basically at all. Wayne Bennett has admitted it was a huge mistake since, we had a bunch of guys off contract and couldn't keep all of them and he decided our hooker was expendable and got it very
wrong(quate).FCB BB AKA MB"

Priddis was apparently asking far too much money.WB has since stated out of all the players they have let go the club the biggest mistake was letting Luke Priddis go.Like I said before I just hope they don't repeat and let Ennis get away.[/quote:3r42uka6]
Apologize F B A M for taking off your quote. :oops: .I did however write what you had written before.Similar anyhow. icon_smile

K

Kee

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Kee said:
One of the worst moves the Broncos ever made was allowing Luke Priddis to walk out of that club.
He is the only player I have ever heard WB say was the one player he most regretted losing at our club.
I hope they remember and do everything in their power to keep Ennis or we will have history repeating itself all over
I do believe he was asking too much money. :oops: Now I shall retire to the corner. :oops:

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
FCB BB AKA MB said:
rnabokov said:

Carroll can play 11-13 plus off the bench in a number of roles, he does the same thing no matter where we "play" him.

Agree - so this year, which of our relatively in-form, experienced forwards do you drop for a guy who, I understand, has never played lock at the top level before? Maybe next year for mine.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
So to put this in perspective if Ennis asks for $450k for 3 years or he is gone we pay the money at the expense of letting 2 or 3 others go and tieing ourselves to a player with a history of bad injuries.

Priddis wanted about $275k per year for 3 years from memory to match Penriff. At the time we had a sh#tload of good young forwards to retain, its simple maths that some can't get their head around.

The club didn't want to let him go, we had to make a choice based on the the cap we had left and the players we had identified to keep.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The thing about the Priddis situation is that part of his contract didn't count towards the salary cap because the Rams folded. so when it was time to renew his contract the entire thing counted. and we didn't have the money to resign him.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
In the paper today Michaels is quoted as saying he will stay at the Broncos next year, and will be happy to move to th wing.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
In the paper today Michaels is quoted as saying he will stay at the Broncos next year, and will be happy to move to th wing.

Thats the knee talking......poor bugger.

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
I dunno to be honest. I don't see him getting a first grade spot in too many teams apart from the Broncos eusa_think

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
I think he would get a run in any souths side or at the bulldogs. However with Josh Morris now going there in 09 I am unsure as to whether he would get a run there now. If he was going to sign there he should have done it earlier.

Maybe the titans are still a chance? I mean Michaels is better than O'Dwyer surely? eusa_think

Unread

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Jedhead
  • HarryAllan7
  • marw
  • Cavalo
  • TimWhatley
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.