Broncos player retention

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
bfoord said:
my source tells me that Boyd is out of favour at red hill and could end up at the Storm. i hope thats not true because this season i am really becoming a Boyd fan.

If he were out of favour I highly doubt Bennett would keep him in the team. Best option or not. The stubborn old bastard would drop him.

Jeza23

Jeza23

NRL Player
Mar 10, 2008
bfoord said:
my source tells me that Boyd is out of favour at red hill and could end up at the Storm. i hope thats not true because this season i am really becoming a Boyd fan.

Isnt Kelsey going to be happy to see this post!! [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

I am also becoming somewhat of a Boyd fan and I tend to agree that he has been one our best backs along with Hodgo.

I also agree with Nashy though, if it was the case that Darius was out of favour he wouldnt be getting a run. Kemp would be playing fullback, or maybe even Hodgo

ethos

ethos

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
bfoord said:

Why would he be out of favour now though?

He's actually starting to play some really good footy, unless there's some kind of off field issue.

M

mick

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I can't believe Boyd could be out of favour at Red Hill - if true, that news is VERY surprising to me. WB's made no secret of how highly he views Boyd...

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
WB acts swiftly so having him at fullback for the next few weeks doesnt really justify that thought.

If he benched Taylor for small reasons i dont know why he wouldnt do it to any1 else.

SSS

SSS

NYC Player
Mar 11, 2008
Could it not mean that Boyd is out of favour with the administration at redhill, remembering WB will not be here next year, Bruno is allowed to make decisions without WB approval. So just because Bennett is selecting him may play no part in whether he is in or out of favour for next year.

Having said that gee I hope the source is incorrect, coz we all know Boyd is a slow learner of the intricate points of rugby league, it would be painful having to see him learn all the flashy tackling/wrestling techniques used by the Storm.

Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
bfoord said:

In todays Paper Ivan Says he wants all young blokes retained and Mentioned Boyd In the interview.. My Gut and Heart tells me Boyd isnt going anywhere..

Goodbye Michaels,Stagg

Nice to keep You Boyd,Kemp,Hannant,Ennis

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
In regards to this comment:

bfoord said:

I will say that my source has been wrong in the past. just recently he told me that Bellamy HAD signed for us. eusa_think

Nashy

Nashy

Immortal
Senior Staff
Mar 5, 2008
bfoord said:

bfoord said:

I will say that my source has been wrong in the past. just recently he told me that Bellamy HAD signed for us. eusa_think

Haha, maybe we have the same source! [icon_lol1.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
With the Bulldogs signing Josh Morris from the Dragons (he wants to establish himself as a center) it may help us keep Michaels. I doubt Michaels would leave us unless he has a really good chance of playing center. eusa_think

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
bfoord said:
With the Bulldogs signing Josh Morris from the Dragons (he wants to establish himself as a center) it may help us keep Michaels. I doubt Michaels would leave us unless he has a really good chance of playing center. eusa_think

On the negative side, this frees up a bit of money for the Dragons to get Ennis. eusa_think

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Alec said:
bfoord said:

On the negative side, this frees up a bit of money for the Dragons to get Ennis. eusa_think

Not if, as reported, Bennett goes after Priddis.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Alec said:
bfoord said:

That's what worries me - the possibility that Bennett will do what he can to get Ennis, rather than Priddis, back to the Dragoons.

And as for Michaels - my thoughts on him have been posted. I reckon he'll turn into a damn fine centre - he's almost there, and I still maintain that Folau will best serve us on the wing, maybe rotating with Michaels.

I still reckon the modern game of league requires big, powerful wingers.

F

Flutterby

International
Mar 5, 2008
Nashy said:
bfoord said:

bfoord said:

Haha, maybe we have the same source! [icon_lol1.

You've all been told before - stop listening to Danny Weidler!! [icon_lol1.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Flutterby said:
You've all been told before - stop listening to Danny Weidler!! [icon_lol1.

[icon_lol1.

Everyone seems to have a source at the Broncos, apart from me.

spoonbled

spoonbled

QCup Player
Mar 4, 2008
if WB wants Kimmorley and Barrett then there wont be much money left for any1.

K

Kee

QCup Player
Mar 5, 2008
Doubt he would go after Barrett which makes it a bit of a worry with Ennis on his wish list.He will be after younger blood.

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
WB doesn't deserve Priddis after he threw him away once before, without doubt the dumbest decision he has ever made in terms of cutting/recruiting players. We haven't had a consistent option at 9 since he left until Ennis and Marsh started firing for us this year (Berrigan was good there but he only really played there for the last 6 weeks of 2006).

Unread

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Rowdy124
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.