Broncos Players in the World Cup

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Post all your talk about how Broncos players are doing in the world cup here.

Herbie was one of England best in the 1st half when Samoa could still be bothered to play, after that he got a try in the 2nd but it was beating a dead horse at that point.

Patty seemed to have a decent if not pretty invisible game coming off the bench though Australia seemed to push on once him and Cotter came on.

Post all your talk about how Broncos players are doing in the world cup here.

Herbie was one of England best in the 1st half when Samoa could still be bothered to play, after that he got a try in the 2nd but it was beating a dead horse at that point.

Patty seemed to have a decent if not pretty invisible game coming off the bench though Australia seemed to push on once him and Cotter came on.
Harry was playing off the back of Patty's runs a lot... he was providing a lot of momentum and winning the ruck in attack.

It was unfortunate that he had an error called against him when it should've been a penalty, and then when he got a half break through the line it was knocked out of his hands.

I thought he was probably better than Jake and Cotter, and on par with Tino, but I'd have Patty ahead of him as well.

Cotter was going well in defence, but felt him playing full prop without having Lolo there as a third prop at 13 meant he was stifled and having to take those real tough carries he might not otherwise have to take.

Stats for the middles
8. TIno - 38mins, 17 tackles, 121m
10. Jake - 49mins, 28 tackles, 65m
13. Murray - 62mins, 30 tackles, 101m
15. Cotter - 31mins, 17 tackles, 82m
16. Patty - 42mins, 22 tackles, 118m

Herbie was excellent, in my biased opinion he was their best player and reminded me of everything we missed in the back end of our season. We CANNOT lose him.

Herbie and Young give England something they've never really had, two NRL quality backline players. They are a very well balanced side but that all said, Samoa threw absolutely nothing at them.

Herbie was excellent, in my biased opinion he was their best player and reminded me of everything we missed in the back end of our season. We CANNOT lose him.

Herbie and Young give England something they've never really had, two NRL quality backline players. They are a very well balanced side but that all said, Samoa threw absolutely nothing at them.
Im a massive fan of Herbie too. I'd put him in the top 3 or 4 last night, along with Radley, Welsby and I reckon WIlliams was also important in the win. Similar to your comment about England finally having world class backline players, I think Williams finally may offer that organiser the English team needs.

I pray that Herbie will wake up one day and be like "I want to play centre for the rest of my career". If so, pay the man. If he wants to play fullback, we won't be able to accommodate him.

I pray that Herbie will wake up one day and be like "I want to play centre for the rest of my career". If so, pay the man. If he wants to play fullback, we won't be able to accommodate him.
Would of loved to see him get a chance at fullback because you could always have Walsh at 6 and Mam at 14 with a high minute 9.

Errr , Ellery Hanley , Martin Offiah and Scofield ?

It’s my fault for not clarifying, I’m talking the NRL era and unless I’m wrong, none of those guys were ARL/NRL regulars were they?

Yes , I realised that after I posted .
After the Super League war ?

Had a feeling Niu wouldn't be picked as Koula was much better at fullback in the warmup, that said I thought he might of been put in the 6.

Had a feeling Niu wouldn't be picked as Koula was much better at fullback in the warmup, that said I thought he might of been put in the 6.
You though Niu would play 6? Why did you think that?

You though Niu would play 6? Why did you think that?
Because of who they have as options, I don't think he plays that far off from a running 6 anyway though I can't judge his kicking.

Because of who they have as options, I don't think he plays that far off from a running 6 anyway though I can't judge his kicking.
I don’t think he’d ever have been picked over Katoa. The kid has huge wraps as a half and will likely get first crack at one of the half spots at the phins next year.

I thought Niu may get a bench spot as injury cover for the backs but he really was so terrible in the warm up that hey may just be entirely out of favour.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fatboy
  • armchair
  • Wolfie
  • broncoscope
  • Clintos
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • simplythebest
  • winslow_wong
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Bronx48
  • Jedhead
  • Foordy
  • Alec
  • Behold
  • Bish
  • Culhwch
  • broncos4life
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.