Broncos recruitment & players missed

I dunno about Reynolds. I think he's massively overrated, he doesn't offer anything other than a kicking game.

On the other hand, no one current at the Broncos actually offers a kicking game.

You don't think he is miles better than any half we have at the club this year?
Yes he probably is, but I don't think he's worth the money the Warriors paid, or anything close to it.

Besides, did I mention he is a chav? :wink:

Yeah you're right, having those players who were amazing before Maguire don't help at all.

If you cant see Maquire has had an influence on that Souths team since taking over you are not looking hard enough or you don't want to see it.

No one is saying he is in the Gibson/Ryan/Bennett/Gould league but its pretty fair to say from what we have seen so far, Maquire is a good coach. I don't even know why someone would want to argue otherwise.

I've seen some rumours circulating on twitter, that Souths are trying to offload Reynolds and the GI is unhappy with the Burgess clan. Anyone think Reynolds would be a good pickup. He would come a lot cheaper than DCE, who looks unlikely to leave Manly. Off course assuming the rumours are true.

Wouldn't really want Reynolds. He's frankly nothing much more than a more polished version of Peter Wallace with a better kicking game. So much of what makes him good is, IMO, down to the structures and game plan that Maguire has him playing. Given he'd have Griffin as a coach he'd quickly become as useless and maligned as Wallace.

Bottomline, Reynolds is a very coachable player who executes a game plan well, but he doesn't transcend coaching ineptitude, which is frankly what we need.

I've seen some rumours circulating on twitter, that Souths are trying to offload Reynolds and the GI is unhappy with the Burgess clan. Anyone think Reynolds would be a good pickup. He would come a lot cheaper than DCE, who looks unlikely to leave Manly. Off course assuming the rumours are true.

Reynolds is one of the better young halves in the game and at this stage should still be reasonably priced. I don't think he will drag a team to a premiership but he sure could help win one given a good mix of players around him.

Its hard to see a player like Reynolds who is still developing coming to our club in its current state though, especially with uncertainty around coach.

Never said we were going to win the premiership at all. I said we have the players to do so if they all step up and play like they should be. Didn't blame the refs either, I did say that the Warriors markers were standing 5 metres back which was the case. This definitely hindered our attack in the first half.

Not once have I said Griffin is a genius, in fact I wanted him gone even before I signed up to this forum. And the players should have to cop some blame. Griffin isn't out there passing to McGuire on the last or running forward whilst still holding his handbag.

I guess you'd prefer everyone to repeat the same "sack griffin" bullshit constantly, in every single forum. WE KNOW ALREADY! You guys aren't the only geniuses who think it or even say it. You guys just have a "platform" that allows you to continuously repeat it on every thread, and yes mods should be doing something about it by now. By all means, continue repeating it and enjoy your sad, sorry, little, continuous whinges on the internet. I wonder if any board members are signed up to BHQ and will hear your opinions?

I guess you'd prefer everyone to repeat the same "sack griffin" bull**** constantly, in every single forum.

Sounds exactly like a Griffin gameplan though- just keep doing the same shit as always.

Fight fire with fire maybe?

Sounds exactly like a Griffin gameplan though- just keep doing the same shit as always.

Fight fire with fire maybe?

I'm not sure anyone would enjoy me writing "Griffin needs to go, everything is his fault!" in every thread.

reynolds is a solid player but what he does works because the coach has a clear gameplan, tactics, set moves, and the players know their job and where they need to be at all times. similar thing goes for storm/roosters/etc.

we run the ball one out for four tackles then give it to hunt who has a flat backline standing beside him so he bombs it to the left corner.

Reynolds can't be any worse than what we have now, sign him up.

Reynolds can't be any worse than what we have now, sign him up.
He's another Peter Wallace with a slightly better kicking game. Why on earth would we want him?

We have a crop of youngster coming through that will give us so much more, provided the coaching staff actually has a clue...

I blame Hoffman. He got injured which led to Beale becoming fullback. Hoffman is fat and short and couldn't jump high enough to hurt Lockyer. So blame Hoffman.
See, logic wins!

I'd take Reynolds in a heart beat. He is no JT or DCE but he would guide our team around the park nicely. I think we will have to be patient and wait for our young halves develop. The success we crave could be 5 years away or more.

I blame Hoffman. He got injured which led to Beale becoming fullback. Hoffman is fat and short and couldn't jump high enough to hurt Lockyer. So blame Hoffman.

Yeah but Griffin selected Hoffman and then he got injured, leading to Griffin wearing a Gerard Beale mask giving Lockyer an intentional jumping knee to the cheek.

Call me crazy, but I personally think we should get Sandow immediately off Parra.....

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Allo
  • davidp
  • Lostboy
  • Harry Sack
  • Financeguy
  • Jedhead
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Broncorob
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • Dash
  • GCBRONCO
  • Cavalo
  • Battler
  • Fatboy
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Hurrijo
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.