Broncos remain NRL's cleanest club

pennywisealfie

pennywisealfie

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
**** this. You better get cleared of this shit Broncos. I won't be supporting a club that cheats like Melbourne do.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Mmm, they were advised by an external source. A player manager, probably?

You could bet your house on it
If this is a guaranteed third party in their contract, then Brisbane will have to stump the money up or find another third party for them, but if its the players third party which is not sponsored by the club, then there should be no issue. Atleast they are taking the right measures by formally identifying the matter and letting the NRL deal with it. If there is breaches, then there should be a clean out of those involved.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
I just don't understand how the NRL could have the audacity to throw the book at us when you have teams like the Roosters and Manly running around filled with rep players. I am going to be livid if this costs us Milford, and if it does then I seriously hope that Bennett comes back next year to pull us out the mire.

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
**** this. You better get cleared of this shit Broncos. I won't be supporting a club that cheats like Melbourne do.
I often thought about this after the Storm saga. I think I would stick by the club (unless it was systemic rorting that everyone was involved in). I'm not going to drop them because of one dipstick who did the wrong thing.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
It's hard not to take it personally when fans from other clubs are already labeling us cheats. Guess that's what happens when your passionate about Club.

whats new with that .... fans of other clubs have been calling us cheats for over 20 years

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
I often thought about this after the Storm saga. I think I would stick by the club (unless it was systemic rorting that everyone was involved in). I'm not going to drop them because of one dipstick who did the wrong thing.

Yeah this is exactly where I am at. If it turns out to be systematic rorting of the cap storm style (which I honestly doubt it is) then I may rethink my position, but anything else I will stick by the club because that's just me, I'm loyal to a fault

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
whats new with that .... fans of other clubs have been calling us cheats for over 20 years

Too true. And if this turns out to be a bit of a storm in a tea cup they will still call this stormesque cheating but claim that it was all covered up blah blah blah

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
So maybe it is a Hannant thing?

That's what I was thinking.

It's either Hannant or Hoffman IMO.

Those 2 have been reported to be unhappy at the club.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Could well be.

Storm in a teacup, for mine. It really isn't a large figure when spread across the three seasons. Could very well be just one disgruntled player, and their manager.

Exactly.

Really if you look at all the evidence it seems someone has guaranteed third party deals to a player(s) that haven't come through, the manager has whinged, club finds out Gee has fucked up so he is gone and the broncos alert the NRL. A heavy fine and no more from what I can see.

On a side note, does anyone else feel that the media are trying to blow this up into more than it is? Badds writes a story, then the tweets from other journalists start 'Don't underestimate this' 'This will rock the broncos to their core'. It just seems over the top. Like if this really will rock the club to the core and if it is this major issue it will sell it's self. Kinda like you know a movie is going to be shit when the over hype it for months in advance

ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Exactly.

Really if you look at all the evidence it seems someone has guaranteed third party deals to a player(s) that haven't come through, the manager has whinged, club finds out Gee has fucked up so he is gone and the broncos alert the NRL. A heavy fine and no more from what I can see.

On a side note, does anyone else feel that the media are trying to blow this up into more than it is? Badds writes a story, then the tweets from other journalists start 'Don't underestimate this' 'This will rock the broncos to their core'. It just seems over the top. Like if this really will rock the club to the core and if it is this major issue it will sell it's self. Kinda like you know a movie is going to be shit when the over hype it for months in advance
Exactly. Mostly other News Ltd journos with their "club in crisis" crap.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Exactly.

Like another poster said in the first page, if this was really on Storm or Bulldog levels of rorting then the NRL would have broken it or made a statement by now. I think it's a cut and dry case revolving around one player not getting third party payments (from what I've read), but I hope that's not justification for us to lose competition points and/or Milford for next year.

I don't want to make this sound like a conspiracy type deal, but I think the NSW centric media are over hyping this because of its close proximity with origin. If it somehow manages to destabilise QLD and get NSW the win, then they will have material to write about for weeks. Journalistic integrity doesn't even factor into the modern day journalist's vocabulary.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Not sure why the 'dislike post', @Old Mate. Was just sharing facts. A press conference is actually a good thing so we can all understand a little more of this situation...
That was nothing matey, I'm left handed and when I scroll on my iphone it would've just been a miss. I used to get myself in a bit of trouble for 'accidentally' liking things on Facebook doing the same thing haha.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
the reports have said that it is similar to the Warriors during the 2006 preseason.

In that case the Warriors reported themselves to the NRL as well.

they are also saying that it is not likely that we will be stripped of comp points (at this stage) more likely a heavy fine

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
All I really care about is that this doesn't cost us Milford

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • TimWhatley
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Sproj
  • Behold
  • Fozz
  • mieko
  • RolledOates
  • Allo
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Manlyman
  • Big Del
  • Galah
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.