Broncos remain NRL's cleanest club

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
I am a broncos fan since 88. I have supported this great club because I thought it had its shit together. I always thought it was a glamour club, that all other clubs could inspire to be like. Professional and a leader in its field. Obviously not.. who ever let this happen needs to be removed from broncos system immediately. If this is rubbish and the papers made it up who ever wrote it needs to be thrown a defamation case. Fixed by the end of week would be great.

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
I am a broncos fan since 88. I have supported this great club because I thought it had its shit together. I always thought it was a glamour club, that all other clubs could inspire to be like. Professional and a leader in its field. Obviously not.. who ever let this happen needs to be removed from broncos system immediately. If this is rubbish and the papers made it up who ever wrote it needs to be thrown a defamation case. Fixed by the end of week would be great.

Gee 'resigned' yesterday.

Not accusing him as I dont know for a fact but seems to me it could be related.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
TBH, since the original reports, nothing has really come out from any outlets except for a few small clarifications. I haven't see the media blowing it up too much. The only thing slightly over the top was the "don't underestimate" tweet.

rhino

rhino

NYC Player
Aug 27, 2013
Gee 'resigned' yesterday.

Not accusing him as I dont know for a fact but seems to me it could be related.

I would more upset if a broncos great / former player has put us in this mess. Kinda hoping if we have done something wrong its from a idiot we just hired.

Last edited:
MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
I would more upset if a broncos great / former player has put us in this mess. Kinda hoping if we have done something wrong its from a idiot we just hired.

I'd say it would be someone that has been around for awhile as i think its to do with '11 '12 '13 seasons.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I'm thinking he'll be far too busy calling Ricky Stuart the greatest human being that ever lived after a 30 point win and two mid-week signings..

Tedesco and who? They missed out on proctor

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
TBH, since the original reports, nothing has really come out from any outlets except for a few small clarifications. I haven't see the media blowing it up too much. The only thing slightly over the top was the "don't underestimate" tweet.

Well that and crashes 'this investigation will rock the broncos to their core' tweet

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
So someone has made allegations of some dodgy 3rd party payments at the Broncos. The Broncos have reported it straight to the NRL for investigation. Odd IMO but we will see how this plays out. Doesn't seem quite as serious as I thought it was last night.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
The fact that they're bring called currently unsubstantiated allegations makes the think the payments were allegedly promised yet kept off the books. Either that or an unhappy player Is trying to extort the club which I doubt. The fact it came out when hannant was dropped and the time frame makes it look like it's related to him

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

Anyone involved will be removed from the club.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I think it's Ben Hannant's contract that is the issue. (3rd party)

Reports are saying it involves the 2012, 2013 & 2014 season.

I am pretty sure when Hannant came back to the Broncos he was on lower money the 1st year but it was a back-ended contract where he would earn more in the following years.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
So someone has made allegations of some dodgy 3rd party payments at the Broncos. The Broncos have reported it straight to the NRL for investigation. Odd IMO but we will see how this plays out. Doesn't seem quite as serious as I thought it was last night.

There's an ocean of grey in the salary cap rules, with a few beacons of mandatoryness and discretion thrown in.

If you are an ex-footballer without much in the way of corporate governance, legal or compliance and auditing training, dealing with player manager shiesters, you're bound to come up against some curly judgment calls.

The fact the Broncos self-reported it probably indicates that:

(a) it's towards the blacker end of that scale;
(b) they've been proactive and the NRL should consider that as a mitigating factor when deciding penalties (if any);
(c) it's vastly different to the Storm breaches - literally falsifying books and records

Unread

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Dash
  • KickHaas
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.