Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
totally fedup with Herbie at centre. Hopefully next year we have a centre pairing of Staggs and Cobbo with Herbie and Oates on the wings. Or even a pairing of Staggs and Brenko with Cobbo and Oates/Herbie as wing

He was pretty good against Ramien who is one of the more dangerous centres in the comp, they aren't all going to knock blokes out of the way like Staggs does

He was pretty good against Ramien who is one of the more dangerous centres in the comp, they aren't all going to knock blokes out of the way like Staggs does
The bloke never passes and is hopeless in defence. Not sure what you’re watching.

The bloke never passes and is hopeless in defence. Not sure what you’re watching.
Yeah, he is not a centre but he did generally manage ramien decently, who has made regular habit of turning his opposite centre into a speed bump (hello darius).

But what i hate is the retreating defence used on the edge. Even though the tackle was made, because of our poor initial line speed, and the retreating defence, we allowed them to make an easy 20-30 metres each time they spread the ball and get a quick play the ball on the back of it.

Please change our inept defensive structures/strategy kev!

Ramien needs to get the try-hard big guy crap out of his game. He acts like he's an enforcer and has an attitude on him. Hes a centre, not an enforcer, and if he acts like that he better back it up every time. He ain't no Hodges by a far stretch

He collared Ramien to the ground several times the other night, a lot of other centres miss those tackles.

As for not passing, that's usually situational, he's a good runner himself so maybe he has been told to run it before thinking of anything else, who is to know?

I just checked his stats from the game against Cronulla (14 tackles, 1 missed, 2 ineffective). That's not that bad at all.

He collared Ramien to the ground several times the other night, a lot of other centres miss those tackles.

As for not passing, that's usually situational, he's a good runner himself so maybe he has been told to run it before thinking of anything else, who is to know?

I just checked his stats from the game against Cronulla (14 tackles, 1 missed, 2 ineffective). That's not that bad at all.
Yeah I actually watched Farnworth closely again this round to see if I was bias in my defence of him. From my count I think there was only maybe one time when passing it was the right option and he did pass but got the pass wrong (Oates could’ve been better positioned too).

You’ll notice similarly on the right, Cobbo didn’t give Coates any ball.

The issue isn’t the centres (though I do think Farnworth could pass more), the issue is our centres are being given the ball with no space and the only option is the conservative option to go theirselves.

Yeah I actually watched Farnworth closely again this round to see if I was bias in my defence of him. From my count I think there was only maybe one time when passing it was the right option and he did pass but got the pass wrong (Oates could’ve been better positioned too).

You’ll notice similarly on the right, Cobbo didn’t give Coates any ball.

The issue isn’t the centres (though I do think Farnworth could pass more), the issue is our centres are being given the ball with no space and the only option is the conservative option to go theirselves.
I think alot has to do with the fullback Nui seems to drift out towards his outside men and not playing straight and sometimes holds the ball abit too long Issako was similar they would try to beat the man on the outside and pass when the defence is already slid over leaving the centres well covered.
Glenn also doesn't offer a great deal of attacking threat so its easier to stay numbered up on Herbie and Oates.
I think the pass is there in Herbies skillset he's just learning when to use it as he's learning the position.

I think alot has to do with the fullback Nui seems to drift out towards his outside men and not playing straight and sometimes holds the ball abit too long Issako was similar they would try to beat the man on the outside and pass when the defence is already slid over leaving the centres well covered.
Glenn also doesn't offer a great deal of attacking threat so its easier to stay numbered up on Herbie and Oates.
I think the pass is there in Herbies skillset he's just learning when to use it as he's learning the position.

Yup totally agree with this. Capewell in that right 2nd row spot will make a huge difference to the space his outside men have to work with. Keen to persist with Herbie, on the wing if not in the centres. He should be in the team, he's damaging enough even without much space to work in.

It’s nice seeing how bad the tigers are in their docu series but also seeing how they somehow managed to beat us and how they identified Corey Oates and Farnsworth as our weakness. Watching some of those tries and my god they are bad. They scored 4 tries on that edge.

So who is Farnworth keeping out of first grade that might decide to post here?

So who is Farnworth keeping out of first grade that might decide to post here?
Honestly I’d pick mead over him. That left edge leaks way too many points. The fucked thing is, of our centres and wings, or best defender is probably Cobbo and he’s played only a couple of games. Seems like the defensive reads of Coates, Oates and Farnsworth is terrible

Completely agree I’m fed up with Herbie and he is one of those players like Coates who is good but for the greater good of this side I don’t think he should be in a broncos jersey. He can’t defend and isn’t willing to give his winger any ball. And if you go to the stats and say Oates has 16 runs or whatever the **** it says there’s no representation that Herbie shows he doesn’t give him the ball. To me it’s either he plays wing or he gets lost. Way to incompetent in so many areas and the only area he gives back in is a pretty good running game but really how many tries or try assists has that amounted to. Kinda like how Coates is a threat in the air, it’s sort of just a bluff cause he can’t catch. If Farnworth isn’t willing to pass or fix his defence and what might be a clear attitude issue to his trust in those around him I don’t think we should be willing to play him or renew his contract when it comes around. We are looking for money from the likes of Bullemor leaving (supposedly) but with him continuing to be a **** up in so many areas and with people who respectively look like they can benefit our side far greater in the centre’s (Lee, Cobbo, Mariner in the future) why is he hanging around. I’ll get the people who are saying your stupid, what are you talking about, but I am about as fed up with the shit he does than I just about am at losing these days. It’s tough shit to watch him go out there and play as selfishly as he does. It’s not like you can stand there and pull the “he doesn’t do it on purpose” cause that shows he is even more ignorant than we thought. Further you can’t pull the he can’t pass or defend card cause if he can’t why the **** is he in the NRL. This is a bit of a rant but I’m tired of this shit that we put up with the selection of players based off there talent and potential upside rather than there ability or some other bullshit mind game in hope shit will turn around. I’ve said it for 12 months now we dont need 17 superstars it isn’t feasible both affordably or successfully in the nrl. I think if players don’t provide benefit no matter how talented cut them loose and fill them with a cheaper more competent player, than you can fill and afford a few more spots with genuine superstars. We’ve finally started cutting the players that are good that don’t provide benefit mid-season and our team looks way better for it.

*Rant over*

Yup totally agree with this. Capewell in that right 2nd row spot will make a huge difference to the space his outside men have to work with. Keen to persist with Herbie, on the wing if not in the centres. He should be in the team, he's damaging enough even without much space to work in.
Reynolds will also make a big difference to this you see the room and options cody and latrell have because of how Reynolds plays straight and into the line. 100% Herbie should be in the team he's only learning to play centre and could turn intoa elite winger if put there

Reynolds will also make a big difference to this you see the room and options cody and latrell have because of how Reynolds plays straight and into the line. 100% Herbie should be in the team he's only learning to play centre and could turn intoa elite winger if put there
Im a Herbie apologist but I think he’s better suited to the wing.

I think our best backline next year is:
1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Cobbo
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth

Im a Herbie apologist but I think he’s better suited to the wing.

I think our best backline next year is:
1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Cobbo
4. Staggs
5. Farnworth
From what I've seen the last couple weeks of Cobbo he is a better option at centre as I feel he'd be abit wasted on the wing seems more of a strike player than a hit up metre maker like Oates and Farnworth have been, Herbie can do that from the wing.
But is Nui the better Fullback over Cobbo?

From what I've seen the last couple weeks of Cobbo he is a better option at centre as I feel he'd be abit wasted on the wing seems more of a strike player than a hit up metre maker like Oates and Farnworth have been, Herbie can do that from the wing.
But is Nui the better Fullback over Cobbo?
I think he is at the moment. Cobbo can develop at centre for another season before considering the shift to fullback and the responsibility that came with. It was a development pathway that worked for Latrell and Inglis.

I think he is at the moment. Cobbo can develop at centre for another season before considering the shift to fullback and the responsibility that came with. It was a development pathway that worked for Latrell and Inglis.
Yeah crazy to think Cobbo hasn't even had a NRL pre season yet id say there is a possibility he will get a trial game at Fullback and if Tesi has a Pre season focusing on playing 1 he will be better off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• pennywisealfie
  • Johnny92
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • heartly87
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Porthoz
  • Sproj
  • Brotherdu
  • BooKhaki
  • Spoon
  • Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncosgirl
  • Waynesaurus
  • Redux
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.