Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s safe to say whatever defensive structure we have currently isn’t working.
Agreed. I think this is also in large part due to a lack of trust in the bloke next to them, and/or a lack of consistency in the player/s next to each other.

I also think it's safe to say our defence currently is a hell of an improvement over even the start of the year, let alone last year.

People saying Farnworth defended well on Ramien were not watching the game properly. It was Oates coming in and banging him. Oates had about 4 or 5 try saving tackles on Ramien and Katoa that night. Farnworth is a winger

People saying Farnworth defended well on Ramien were not watching the game properly. It was Oates coming in and banging him. Oates had about 4 or 5 try saving tackles on Ramien and Katoa that night. Farnworth is a winger
A QLD cup winger…

Read on Twitter but apparently Bulldogs’ Chris Smith on a train n trial deal for next year

Not good enough for the wooden spooners? We'll take him:

Very average footy player, would be surprised if we offer him a top 30 deal. I'd sooner bring back Asiata than sign Smith.

We've got enough depth to survive at 2RF with Capewell, Riki, Hetherington, Jensen, Robati, Piakura & Willison anyway.

Very average footy player, would be surprised if we offer him a top 30 deal. I'd sooner bring back Asiata than sign Smith.

We've got enough depth to survive at 2RF with Capewell, Riki, Hetherington, Jensen, Robati, Piakura & Willison anyway.
Agree on Smith, but not sure about depth. You might be surprised by how many back rowers we go through. It's usual to field 6-7 a game (3 run on, 3 on the bench) plus 1 in reserve.

Right now we have this many forwards injured/suspended:

Te'o
Asiata
Piakura
Willison
Palasia
Riki
Carrigan
Flegler

And the way the rules are you'd have to expect to lose a forward nearly every game to suspension. Still, you'd hope we'd have another three coming up through our pathways.

I truly believe a lot of our players will play to a different standard next year.

Kevvie should be close to settled on positions come round one.

Consistency will betterment the team and confident is a hell of a thing.

If we can jag some early wins, we may start a bit of a roll on.
R1 : Melbourne @ Suncorp
R2: Roosters @ Sydney
R3 : Eels @ Wankbest

Most likely, NRL lives to try takes us down a peg early.
I’m sick of how they call it a draw. That implies randomness. It’s a schedule. We get cucked every year with a hard draw, versing the tops teams twice and usually have a tough start and end to the year to drive tv ratings. Interesting that they haven’t been publicly showing ratings lately. I know people at 9 and the ratings have dropped off a cliff, same too with Fox. The game is not in a good place.

I’m sick of how they call it a draw. That implies randomness. It’s a schedule. We get cucked every year with a hard draw, versing the tops teams twice and usually have a tough start and end to the year to drive tv ratings. Interesting that they haven’t been publicly showing ratings lately. I know people at 9 and the ratings have dropped off a cliff, same too with Fox. The game is not in a good place.
Good, they can reap what they sow.

Good, they can reap what they sow.
100% this.

The product has turned to garbage since the introduction of 6 again and single ref. Blow outs weekly, poor quality and inconsistant officiating. Just about every week a head to head scoring record is broken in 2021.

Without a mighty Broncos, the NRL will turn into A-League and a new Brisbane plastics team won't fix that.

I really hope that we don't sign Napa, having one loose cannon in our side ( Flegler) is enough.
Does anyone know how long Rhys Kennedy is signed for., I'm thinking he might have 1 year to go.
Unfortunately he is signed on for 2022. Most likely his last year in the NRL unless the expansion goes ahead.

Napa is a veteran but is he even a leader? How can your team mates respect when you're out of form and you have a sex tape floating around

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.