Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately he is signed on for 2022. Most likely his last year in the NRL unless the expansion goes ahead.
That's a shame, it's almost time to part ways i think.
The young guys coming through have more upside heading into the future.

Make of this what you will, but the Courier Mail "can reveal interest in signing Napa and Aaron Woods has waned." Ryan James, however, is still under the microscope.

Walters:

“We still have a couple of spots left on our roster, but a lot of hard work has been done. We do have some other positions still available but whether we sign another prop I’m not sure, we are pretty happy with the talent we have coming through. Part of the reason we let Matt Lodge go is because we have Payne Haas and you can’t have two props on high-end money."

“Haas and Flegler are still only young, they are coming through and gaining valuable experience. I believe they can be our starting front-rowers for a long time and we have guys like Patty Carrigan and Keenan Palasia who are still learning, so I’m pretty happy with our forward stocks.”

“Finding the balance is the key with Tom. His contact was just a little bit high, although the idea was right because we needed something. He is that sort of player, he does like to play aggressively so he will just need to make sure he has got the discipline side right as well. He will have to find a way otherwise he will be sitting on the sideline a lot.”

McHunt

Make of this what you will, but the Courier Mail "can reveal interest in signing Napa and Aaron Woods has waned." Ryan James, however, is still under the microscope.

Walters:

“We still have a couple of spots left on our roster, but a lot of hard work has been done. We do have some other positions still available but whether we sign another prop I’m not sure, we are pretty happy with the talent we have coming through. Part of the reason we let Matt Lodge go is because we have Payne Haas and you can’t have two props on high-end money."

“Haas and Flegler are still only young, they are coming through and gaining valuable experience. I believe they can be our starting front-rowers for a long time and we have guys like Patty Carrigan and Keenan Palasia who are still learning, so I’m pretty happy with our forward stocks.”

“Finding the balance is the key with Tom. His contact was just a little bit high, although the idea was right because we needed something. He is that sort of player, he does like to play aggressively so he will just need to make sure he has got the discipline side right as well. He will have to find a way otherwise he will be sitting on the sideline a lot.”

McHunt
Good. Woods defence was abysmal against us. Made Turpin look like Cook. James would still be a good get for the right low end contract.

Good. Woods defence was abysmal against us. Made Turpin look like Cook. James would still be a good get for the right low end contract.
And likely keep physios families food on the table. Need to spread the love in covid times.
Seriously tho..RJ is a beast when fit and firing but so many injuries. So many quality at group level that never get a chance. Being a scout these days must be close to best paid job for doin fukall now.

Walters:

McHunt
Ryan James is probably culturally the best pick of that bunch, but he's ridiculously injury prone and unlikely to spend enough time on the field to be a decent investment.

Courier mail reporting that we've opened contract extension talks with Pat Carrigan.
Another "future captain" says Ben Ikin:

“He is highly intelligent and studying a physiotherapy degree while powering through his rehab, he is committed to the work and ahead of schedule. He is a very impressive young man. Leadership comes naturally to him. He is a good conversationalist. He loves to talk about things outside of the game."

“Everybody is desperate for him to get back and play footy because he brings so much. We see him here every day working his butt off to get his knee right and back into the team. All the players love him. They are a close group and looking forward to having him back in the team.”

Carrigan earlier this year:

“I don’t think there is a cultural issue. We are really good mates on and off the field. When you win footy games, that goes a long way to keeping young kids and young talents at the club because they want to be a part of it. I feel responsible for putting performances on the field and make the Broncos a club where people want to play for again.”

Glenn:

“Patty Carrigan ... the way he led our club when I was missing last year, he stepped up in a position that a kid his age shouldn’t have. He led from the front and that’s what I stand for. I believe a leader is someone who leads through his actions and the way Patty has led this club at his age, he has to be a future leader for sure.”

McHunt

“He is highly intelligent and studying a physiotherapy degree while powering through his rehab, he is committed to the work and ahead of schedule. He is a very impressive young man. Leadership comes naturally to him. He is a good conversationalist. He loves to talk about things outside of the game."

“Everybody is desperate for him to get back and play footy because he brings so much. We see him here every day working his butt off to get his knee right and back into the team. All the players love him. They are a close group and looking forward to having him back in the team.”

“I don’t think there is a cultural issue. We are really good mates on and off the field. When you win footy games, that goes a long way to keeping young kids and young talents at the club because they want to be a part of it. I feel responsible for putting performances on the field and make the Broncos a club where people want to play for again.”

Glenn:

“Patty Carrigan ... the way he led our club when I was missing last year, he stepped up in a position that a kid his age shouldn’t have. He led from the front and that’s what I stand for. I believe a leader is someone who leads through his actions and the way Patty has led this club at his age, he has to be a future leader for sure.”

McHunt
Need wolfie’s letter of reference too

Glenn:

McHunt
Good. I think Patty is a great player and has a lot of Jai Arrow about his game but even if he doesn’t reach those heights he’ll still be a dependable forward, who shouldn’t break the bank, and exemplifies all the cultural traits you want in a player. Patty has the feel of a player who will go on to be a one club player who sets club standards and is a solid toiler.

Good. I think Patty is a great player and has a lot of Jai Arrow about his game but even if he doesn’t reach those heights he’ll still be a dependable forward, who shouldn’t break the bank, and exemplifies all the cultural traits you want in a player. Patty has the feel of a player who will go on to be a one club player who sets club standards and is a solid toiler.
I see alot of corey Parker about Carrigan he's only going to get better with age

Pat wont be going anywhere. He will stay for a non excessive salary and i think down the track he will be our captain. At least now with some good senior blokes around we wont have to be throwing him into that role until he is both ready and he has earned it. The only issue we may possibly have with players going forward is the benchmark contract we gave to Flegler.

Pat wont be going anywhere. He will stay for a non excessive salary and i think down the track he will be our captain. At least now with some good senior blokes around we wont have to be throwing him into that role until he is both ready and he has earned it. The only issue we may possibly have with players going forward is the benchmark contract we gave to Flegler.
Wasn't that found out to be bogus?

Wasn't that found out to be bogus?
I think the jury is still out.

People saw an article about the highest paid players and there were players mentioned on less than the rumoured Flegler contract and Flegler wasn’t mentioned at all. A lot of people have seemingly took that to be concrete evidence he’s on less money than the lowest amount on that list.

That could be the case but it’s also just as likely that whichever toss wrote that article did minimal research and just forget about Flegler.

Basically no one knows

7B9E3D24 6CF4 42CA B01D 5E562BE39240

Hey guys, just a friendly reminder to keep your eyes peeled and mind open. Anything is possible in this great game of Rugby League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • Xzei
  • RolledOates
  • Jedhead
  • theshed
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.