Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is another report that Lodge is out the door

Wouldn't be the worst thing. I have nothing against Lodge personally, he's clearly pulled himself up from a very dark place, but the game seems to be moving past big lumbering middle forwards like him. I hate the 6 again rule as much as the next person, but it clearly isn't going away.

If we lost Lodge as well as all the already gones and managed to bring in: Brimson, B.Smith, Capewell, Asiata, Copley and this kid from the Dogs, I would be starting to feel far more optimistic about this club.

If we lost Lodge as well as all the already gones and managed to bring in: Brimson, B.Smith, Capewell, Asiata, Copley and this kid from the Dogs, I would be starting to feel far more optimistic about this club.
AJ Brimson..? Is he available?

And that we are gonna pay $1.6M of his salary to make it happen
The rumour is Lodge is on $800K for four years and we're willing to stump half that ($400K x four years) to get rid of him. No one has bitten yet. Walters is denying it:

“Lodgey’s here. Matt unfortunately didn’t participate too much in this year’s NRL games and we’re looking to get more out of him next year.”

Crazy. Basically the club is making the decision that he's not worth 400k if any of that is true which I don't believe it. Lodge can easily become an elite/origin level prop with a good run of games. He will only get better, he has not peaked.

Quick reminder that Billy Walters is 26 and isn't particularly good. If we think he's some saving grace, we've got another thing coming. Milford & Dearden are significantly better.

He provides cheap depth cover and I would argue he has shown more than Dearden has, albeit considerably older.

The rumour is Lodge is on $800K for four years and we're willing to stump half that ($400K x four years) to get rid of him. No one has bitten yet. Walters is denying it:

“Lodgey’s here. Matt unfortunately didn’t participate too much in this year’s NRL games and we’re looking to get more out of him next year.”
This is a Dean Ritchie story first of all so that tells you all you need to know about how much credibility it has.
Secondly, he has no idea - he says Lodge is on “up to 800K” and Broncos may consider paying “up to 400K”.
When you think about how many print journos have been laid off over the last five years or so, it amazes me how some of these blokes still have jobs.

He provides cheap depth cover and I would argue he has shown more than Dearden has, albeit considerably older.
Exactly, even Turpin has won us a few games but has played half as many at 7.

Apparently we are paying lodge $800k. That's fucked.

This is a Dean Ritchie story first of all so that tells you all you need to know about how much credibility it has.
Secondly, he has no idea - he says Lodge is on “up to 800K” and Broncos may consider paying “up to 400K”.
When you think about how many print journos have been laid off over the last five years or so, it amazes me how some of these blokes still have jobs.
Once again a Broncos contract going up 100,000 every time it's mentioned... yet tedesco and Leary signed on without a single mention of the roosters having to up their price or have a bidding war, undoubtedly signing for massive unders....

Pathetic really....

Apparently we are paying lodge $800k. That's fucked.

this would be the very first article that has gone near that figure ... the rest of them have said he was on 650-700k

but then again 800k is better for this particular "story"

I don't think anyone has been thinking of him as anything more than a decent depth signing for the halves
He just wants to feel smart by stating the obvious

Wayne Bennett and Craig Bellamy are better coaches than Geoff Toovey and Ivan Henjack incase any of you losers didn’t realise

Last edited:
Birthplace doesn't really mean anything in rugby league ... just ask the Blues newest player Luke Keary
They stole him only to just drop him after like one game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • Lurker
  • The Don
  • BroncoFan94
  • Strop
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Fozz
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • BroncosAlways
  • TimWhatley
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • leon.bott
  • Sproj
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.