Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the very little I've seen of Billy Walters, he seems like a tough, competitive sort of player who will fight for everything. I've also noticed that he likes to push up and support through the middle. But for anyone who has seen him play more than I have, can you shed some light on his strengths and weaknesses as a player?

Does he posses much skill? Is he creative? How is his defense? Does he have much speed and footwork? Is he able to play other positions besides five-eighth and dummy half? Would he be able to play fullback or centre?

I'm pretty neutral on signing him, as I imagine he would be fairly cheap. It would also be a cool situation having his father as coach, but does he have the ability to become a permanent first grader? Otherwise It would be pretty awkward if his dad doesn't pick him.

I love watching Walters play, he's a smart player and he's self made that's the two things I like about him. The try that stands out for me that shows his smarts was Easts got a penalty probably 30m out and everyone turned around, Walters took the tap and ran 30m to score untouched. Poor awareness from everyone but him.

Colts with Easts in 2013, then BRL finally ISC in 2015 and then four years of ISC before he got an NRL start. He fights and persists.

Won't play 200 NRL games or Origin but he's the type of player that can play 20 games a year and no problems, low maintenance and be your Sean Rudder or Perry.

He was back running last week too.

Yeah, I said months ago that he'll end up at the Broncos or Titans because of the fact that his brother goes to Wavell and he has plenty of other family here.

I think we'll get him, to be honest. We have a much stronger Kiwi connection at the club than the Titans.
Also surely Donut Dave is in his ear.

Apparently we've signed Isaiah Tass? Just saw it on BNation so grain of salt.

I love watching Walters play, he's a smart player and he's self made that's the two things I like about him. The try that stands out for me that shows his smarts was Easts got a penalty probably 30m out and everyone turned around, Walters took the tap and ran 30m to score untouched. Poor awareness from everyone but him.

Colts with Easts in 2013, then BRL finally ISC in 2015 and then four years of ISC before he got an NRL start. He fights and persists.

Won't play 200 NRL games or Origin but he's the type of player that can play 20 games a year and no problems, low maintenance and be your Sean Rudder or Perry.

He was back running last week too.
In my opinion he has a similar style to his Father, our coach.

Dearden could very well end up with a similar style to Alfie Langer.

I am very keen to see those two unite. I have been saying I want this since it was a possibility that Kev could be coach.

Apparently we've signed Isaiah Tass? Just saw it on BNation so grain of salt.
I’ve never seen him play, but I trust Kev now and I like the fact that he would be getting signed on a bottom dollar salary. I would prefer for our club to create names rather than buy names.

From this video I would say that he looks strong, confident, fit and powerful.

He hits the ball hard, running at pace, spots the gaps and runs the right lines to get over the line.

“Oh no upthebroncs with another highlights reel!!!”

... Or you could just appreciate the opinion and keep the discussion going

So he isn’t a Qlder? Bummer

So he isn’t a Qlder? Bummer
He is

46C1CC15 DD7C 4094 99E8 63886240FF05

Wait, you want to give our whole squad for potentially getting bsmith at 9?? Is he that good?

we wouldn’t miss Milford, Oates or Croft.
Staggs or Coates for B.Smith imo would be ok.
B.Smith is a bulldog, plays with ticker and heart. His energy is infectious and is an out and out winner.
we need him.

we wouldn’t miss Milford, Oates or Croft.
Staggs or Coates for B.Smith imo would be ok.
B.Smith is a bulldog, plays with ticker and heart. His energy is infectious and is an out and out winner.
we need him.
Unfortunately Storm wouldn’t want Croft back.. ):

Seems like an interesting signing, more positivity :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Redux
  • GCBRONCO
  • Volvo Driver
  • Allo
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bronx48
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Battler
  • Organix
  • Brotherdu
  • Fatboy
  • broncsgoat
  • Midean
  • Xzei
  • Tim K
... and 34 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.