Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really get this. If Seibold was still here then I could understand, but Walters is here now and has surrounded himself with a pretty solid bunch of assistants. The club won't be turned around over night obviously but he's making all the right moves so far IMO.

Yes he has but my comment is more an indictment on the club as a whole. The other thing is, so far this off season we have both Coates and Staggs shopping themselves around. Remove the cancers from the club. You don't want to be there, fine see ya later. It doesn't matter who you are.

But even so, if you had the choice between Kevvie (a likeable but unproven coach) and Bellamy (the best coach of the last two decades and coming off a premiership), which one are you going with?

Last edited:
Yes he has but my comment is more an indictment on the club as a whole. The other thing is, so far this off season we have both Coates and Staggs shopping themselves around. Remove the cancers from the club. You don't want to be there, fine see ya later. It doesn't matter who you are.

But even so, if you had the choice between Kevvie (a likeable but unproven coach) and Bellamy (the best coach of the last two decades and coming off a premiership), which one are you going with?

Is Coates shopping himself around though? I absolutely could have missed it, but this is the first time I've heard it. Staggs is a different story given this has been floating around with him for a while...his Fifita like quotes from earlier in the week have me agreeing with you about him and he can go check out the toe talent in Sydney.

Regarding Bellamy, I can't see him continuing as head coach. He may become a "Gould" type for the club but would he be as hands on? Doubt it. For me, I'd stick with Kevie but I'm a fan not a player and couldn't imagine playing for another team, let alone fucking Melbourne. Hate those Melbourne players

Fox Sports article saying Karmichael Hunt wants to come back to the NRL for one last crack next year. I would be happy to have him in the side if it didn't cost much, minimum wage for example. Put him at fullback.

Would be great to see him back to see if he still has it. I still remember being at his first game for us, you just knew he was something special.

We struggle to unearth new and young talent so let’s bring back has beens and give them one last dance

Is Coates shopping himself around though? I absolutely could have missed it, but this is the first time I've heard it. Staggs is a different story given this has been floating around with him for a while...his Fifita like quotes from earlier in the week have me agreeing with you about him and he can go check out the toe talent in Sydney.

Regarding Bellamy, I can't see him continuing as head coach. He may become a "Gould" type for the club but would he be as hands on? Doubt it. For me, I'd stick with Kevie but I'm a fan not a player and couldn't imagine playing for another team, let alone fucking Melbourne. Hate those Melbourne players

Apparently was at NQ headquarters last week and now being connected to Melbourne. It’s absolutely how manager at work, he loves the Broncs but these kids (and especially their managers) need to be put in their place.

Its sounds a lot like manager play at work, but we shouldn't be busting the bank just to keep Coates IMO. Let him chase money elsewhere if thats what he wants.
Definitely. Melbourne would tell him any of their players to piss off if they wanted to strong arm negotiations before they've achieved anything.
He's a 250k player at most right now. End of the year if he has a phenomnenal year he can maybe ask for 400-450k but that would need to be one hell of a year.

Last edited:
B.Read is reporting that B.Smith wants to be in SE QLD so it’ll be a battle between the Broncos and Titans.
should be interesting to see how this plays out. I’d be happy to give Melbourne Milford, Oates, Croft in return. Potentially even Staggs or Coates if it means we get Smith at 9. Brisbane can’t let the tits get another one over us, surely!
Donaghy work your magic!!

5916AAE0 59CF 431B A6BD 49933DCD1BE5

Dunno if it’s been posted but HECK YEAAAH

1. Milford
6. Walters
7. Dearden

1. Niu
6. Walters
7. Dearden

IMO

B.Read is reporting that B.Smith wants to be in SE QLD so it’ll be a battle between the Broncos and Titans.
should be interesting to see how this plays out. I’d be happy to give Melbourne Milford, Oates, Croft in return. Potentially even Staggs or Coates if it means we get Smith at 9. Brisbane can’t let the tits get another one over us, surely!

Yeah, I said months ago that he'll end up at the Broncos or Titans because of the fact that his brother goes to Wavell and he has plenty of other family here.

I think we'll get him, to be honest. We have a much stronger Kiwi connection at the club than the Titans.

He should consider going. Staying at Brisbane will stunt his career, he has a LOT to work on and needs a gun coach to bring it out. It will do him wonders to be at a club with purpose, direction and a clear goal. Plus they have the cash to give him what his manager wants, either legally or illegally.
I think you guys are forgetting that Bellamy is in his last year... their head assistant coach is Stephen Kearney... Their is no real standout coaches on the market so what amazing coach are they gonna somehow get that is gonna continue to make average players reach their potential... the answer is none

I think you guys are forgetting that Bellamy is in his last year... their head assistant coach is Stephen Kearney... Their is no real standout coaches on the market so what amazing coach are they gonna somehow get that is gonna continue to make average players reach their potential... the answer is none
I think they'll just go Ryles wont they??

He's been their assistant for a few years now so they'll want someone who's been in the storm system to try and keep it going

Not saying he's a standout or anything, but any assistant to Bellamy seems to get elevated as a next big thing in coaching

Last edited:
I think the confusion has been we don’t have to give anything up for him if we want him in 2022... it’s only in 2021 that we or any other team has to give something up... he is off contract for 2022 I believe

I think they'll just go Ryles wont they??

He's been their assistant for a few years now so they'll want someone who's been in the storm system to try and keep it going
That’s what they would’ve but he just left the club to be a Union assistant for Eddie Jones in England

That’s what they would’ve but he just left the club to be a Union assistant for Eddie Jones in England
Was it only for a year though or was that Fitzgibbon??

It's probably between those two... I can't see them going Kearney

The best coach for them after Bellamy is Madge, but tigers are going a long way to locking him down

Last edited:
Billy was back running last week.
Yeah, I said months ago that he'll end up at the Broncos or Titans because of the fact that his brother goes to Wavell and he has plenty of other family here.

I think we'll get him, to be honest. We have a much stronger Kiwi connection at the club than the Titans.

He lived here too when he played for Wynnum.

Wait, you want to give our whole squad for potentially getting bsmith at 9?? Is he that good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • broncsgoat
  • GCBRONCO
  • Battler
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Sproj
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Wolfie
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Justwin
  • Maroon4life
  • Johnny92
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Harry Sack
  • westy316
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.