Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's pretty funny how petty and bitter some people are on here.

KHunt would be a good squad addition in the same vein as Teo. See how he goes in the centres in pre-season.
A 34 year old that not only hasn't played rugby league in a decade, but also comes with a mountain of baggage from his off field behaviour is the absolute last person we need around this group

A 34 year old that not only hasn't played rugby league in a decade, but also comes with a mountain of baggage from his off field behaviour is the absolute last person we need around this group
Or a person with lots of experience from making shit choices, and hasn't touched booze in over 2 years, could actually be a good role model. Definitely worth having a chat with.

Or a person with lots of experience from making shit choices, and hasn't touched booze in over 2 years, could actually be a good role model. Definitely worth having a chat with.

Nostalgia clouding your thinking perhaps. Not worth having a chat with.

He shot his wad as far as this club goes, BooKhaki, and he made a sticky mess.

Apparently Billy Walters is keen on going to the broncos... I don’t know how I feel about it but it could help us attract both Brandon and Grant since they were mates back at the Storm

It is a great idea, he looked better than any half we had on the field last year and is at worst solid depth.

Apparently Billy Walters is keen on going to the broncos... I don’t know how I feel about it but it could help us attract both Brandon and Grant since they were mates back at the Storm
Maybe we should just rebrand the club and move it to Red Hill.

Billy makes too much sense to not consider. We can mock the Cleary setup at the Panthers all day long but it doesn't seem to be harming them too much. They made the Grand Final together at the very least. Plus Billy puts further pressure on Milford to perform because there is no chance in hell Kev doesn't drop him like a bad cold for his son if Milf slacks off.

Billy makes too much sense to not consider. We can mock the Cleary setup at the Panthers all day long but it doesn't seem to be harming them too much. They made the Grand Final together at the very least. Plus Billy puts further pressure on Milford to perform because there is no chance in hell Kev doesn't drop him like a bad cold for his son if Milf slacks off.

Totally agree and he is a better option than an overweight ex-ESL player.

Plus, he can join Staggs, Lodge and Palasia in knee rehab.

Last edited:
Yep, one and done. As much as a good idea as this might seem, sometimes you should be careful what you wish for. Of course if he signs with the Tigers and tears it up, we will be pissed about it, but that is the most logical risk to take. He has already screwed us once, in a time when the club is especially weak and vulnerable, I would rather we not give him the chance to do it again.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, this club has resembled a retirement home for washed up players beyond their prime for far too long.
I cant see him getting a gig with anyone... he's 34 (I bet his manager isn't happy they put that in there) and hardly killed it in lesser competitions playing union.

His best option is someone picking him up on their support staff and even then he might only get a gig as assistant in qcup and having to work his way up (if he's actually serious about being a coach).

His career fizzled out when he left the Broncos... I'm not sure what his post playing career could look like other than maybe a colour commentator on nothing radio programs or wide world of sports or some shit... he played three different sports so he can comment on a lot of subjects (whether it's good commentary is a different question)

He might go the way of Gordie and just fling shit in the hope of gaining notoriety as a headline 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Don’t need booze when your on the nose candy.

Are we just ignoring the whole cocaine thing then?
If all clubs got rid of blokes who did coke they wouldn't be able to field a 13.
Nostalgia clouding your thinking perhaps. Not worth having a chat with.

He shot his wad as far as this club goes, BooKhaki, and he made a sticky mess.
Getting a former premiership winning duel international in for a train and trial deal is a great idea. People are interested in Billy Walters yet KHunt on a trial is a bad idea...wow

Billy Walters seems like a good player for mine. He has a bit of that competitive mongrel in him, wouldn't say no and he'd be a minimum wage deal.

It’s amazing how much he wasted his sporting career window. I mean it’s his life, he can (and did) want he wanted, but he could’ve been a great of the game and earned an absolute shit ton of money still.

Just so dumb. And now he wants be a coach? Good luck mate

People telling him to **** off because he left the club 10 years ago. Petty. Bitter.
Are you for real or for a refill ? ?!!! 10 yrs and no league!!!! The game has changed a bit over that period ..if this club wasn't so fucked up this wouldnt be a discussion and no one eould remember khunt

I dont care about the names mate as long as there playing for the right reasons to be a bronco......its a privelege not a fucking retirement home like the ESL👍👍 i hold no hope for next year but hoping for some form of revival. For 2022 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behind enemy lines
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Waynesaurus
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.