Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Billy is pretty average and has a fairly humble ceiling, and is recovering from a pretty serious injury.

He could be a good depth signing though, and help improve team culture. I think with Kev’s personality, Billy would have to work harder than any player to get a start to absolutely avoid claims of favouritism.

I would be happy with the signing of it was cheap enough but he is a free agent at the end of next year anyway, why not get him in 22 and let the Tigers pay for him to go through rehab.

I dont care about the names mate as long as there playing for the right reasons to be a bronco......its a privelege not a fucking retirement home like the ESL👍👍 i hold no hope for next year but hoping for some form of revival. For 2022 and beyond
I believe we will perform better next year than 2022 because of how fucked up our recruitment and management side of the club is... like I struggle to read these comments on player signings hopeful of any improvement when our only hope is players pulling a finger out of their asses rather than getting shown the door and replacing them with the left overs

Billy is pretty average and has a fairly humble ceiling, and is recovering from a pretty serious injury.

He could be a good depth signing though, and help improve team culture. I think with Kev’s personality, Billy would have to work harder than any player to get a start to absolutely avoid claims of favouritism.

I would be happy with the signing of it was cheap enough but he is a free agent at the end of next year anyway, why not get him in 22 and let the Tigers pay for him to go through rehab.
It’s probably come from Wests wanting him off their books next year, I don’t see the broncos being interested.

From the very little I've seen of Billy Walters, he seems like a tough, competitive sort of player who will fight for everything. I've also noticed that he likes to push up and support through the middle. But for anyone who has seen him play more than I have, can you shed some light on his strengths and weaknesses as a player?

Does he posses much skill? Is he creative? How is his defense? Does he have much speed and footwork? Is he able to play other positions besides five-eighth and dummy half? Would he be able to play fullback or centre?

I'm pretty neutral on signing him, as I imagine he would be fairly cheap. It would also be a cool situation having his father as coach, but does he have the ability to become a permanent first grader? Otherwise It would be pretty awkward if his dad doesn't pick him.

Last edited:
Are you for real or for a refill ? ?!!! 10 yrs and no league!!!! The game has changed a bit over that period ..if this club wasn't so fucked up this wouldnt be a discussion and no one eould remember khunt
So the club being this fucked up, I guess it's a discussion worth having. Kinda my point.

Sorry for that, I am going to sit in the corner with a glass of red for 10 minutes
What kind of loser takes 10 minutes to drink glass of red

I believe we will perform better next year than 2022 because of how fucked up our recruitment and management side of the club is... like I struggle to read these comments on player signings hopeful of any improvement when our only hope is players pulling a finger out of their asses rather than getting shown the door and replacing them with the left overs
They need to get their fingers out with the draw given...at least the ones shown the door have been a highlight over the average signings

Exactly but he is better off taking the risk and driving his value up and then if he doesn’t perform maintain the same value through his potential because the broncos are stupid
well theres that also....

Although I am against signing KHunt (he got cut by Union so he clearly isn't tearing it up) he might be a good risk for a QCup team to put him in as an assistant.
He is 6 months away from completing a degree in psychology which tells me he has grown up somewhat, has some intelligence, and may be on a better path.

Although I am against signing KHunt (he got cut by Union so he clearly isn't tearing it up) he might be a good risk for a QCup team to put him in as an assistant.
He is 6 months away from completing a degree in psychology which tells me he has grown up somewhat, has some intelligence, and may be on a better path.
As someone who has a psych undergrad, knowing what some of my classmates were like, that’s not always true

Xavier Coates linked to the Storm according to Weidler.

Xavier Coates linked to the Storm according to Weidler.

He should consider going. Staying at Brisbane will stunt his career, he has a LOT to work on and needs a gun coach to bring it out. It will do him wonders to be at a club with purpose, direction and a clear goal. Plus they have the cash to give him what his manager wants, either legally or illegally.

He should consider going. Staying at Brisbane will stunt his career, he has a LOT to work on and needs a gun coach to bring it out. It will do him wonders to be at a club with purpose, direction and a clear goal. Plus they have the cash to give him what his manager wants, either legally or illegally.
They are only going to have their gun coach for one more season.

I don't really get this. If Seibold was still here then I could understand, but Walters is here now and has surrounded himself with a pretty solid bunch of assistants. The club won't be turned around over night obviously but he's making all the right moves so far IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • BooKhaki
  • Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • Alec
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • RolledOates
  • Big Del
  • Dash
  • Rookie Alan
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.