Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except he owns a house on the Gold Coast and his kids go to school at the Gold Coast, and has already let known his preference.

Gold Coast are the new Roosters, they still have $5M in salary cap after Wally Lewis retired.

Oh god, this Chambers stuff is starting to gain traction. If washed up has beens is seriously the best we can do now (he will be the third in a row after Te'o and Luke), we better get used to being bottom dwellers.

If we get to that Knights level of team of 'washed-up-has-beens' - consecutive spoons is a reality us rusted on fans have to get used too.

Gold Coast are the new Roosters, they still have $5M in salary cap after Wally Lewis retired.

It's beyond anything the roosters have done if the titans sign Smith. They have Taylor and Fifita on 2.25 million between them ffs, add in the other blokes on huge salaries and there's no way they can afford another million dollar player.

Can't really reply fully without derailing the thread further so I'll just say I don't think he'd be able to command $1M though. It's between 2 clubs who both are nearing the end of their caps if @theshed 's table is correct. With him being on 800k reportedly at the Storm, he could probably even take lower given he's only getting older and is already living here.

Doubt anyone can be bothered to argue cap positions but happy to elsewhere.

Can't really reply fully without derailing the thread further so I'll just say I don't think he'd be able to command $1M though. It's between 2 clubs who both are nearing the end of their caps if @theshed 's table is correct. With him being on 800k reportedly at the Storm, he could probably even take lower given he's only getting older and is already living here.

Doubt anyone can be bothered to argue cap positions but happy to elsewhere.
I would have to assume he will need a big pay day to play on. Does he really need to risk tarnishing his record for a budget price? Surely Storm would be happy to sling him a decent wage to stick around as a coaching assistant:

Also hasn't the nrl knocked cheap contracts on the head before because they were not market value,Folau to Parramatta comes to mind.

I would have to assume he will need a big pay day to play on. Does he really need to risk tarnishing his record for a budget price? Surely Storm would be happy to sling him a decent wage to stick around as a coaching assistant:
Guess it's up to him, if he wants to play on he's gotta take whats available. Coaching is another story though.

Also hasn't the nrl knocked cheap contracts on the head before because they were not market value,Folau to Parramatta comes to mind.
If Storm can keep him at 800k through his peak I don't see why the NRL wouldn't accept ~600-700k at 38 when the other option is retirement. Could be wrong.

If Storm can keep him at 800k through his peak I don't see why the NRL wouldn't accept ~600-700k at 38 when the other option is retirement. Could be wrong.
If either of our clubs has 600-700k to spare we would be better off getting ahead on a few contracts and making the storm pay big when Harry Grant is free.

I think Brisbane is more likely to have that free btw I think the tits are waiting on taylors next contract being around half as much for them to have anything significant free.

Last edited:
If either of our clubs has 600-700k to spare we would be better off getting ahead on a few contracts and making the storm pay big when Harry Grant is free.
Fair call, you're more likely to have the advantage on that one though. Don't see the Titans winning that battle.

Fair call, you're more likely to have the advantage on that one though. Don't see the Titans winning that battle.
hopefully both clubs push the storm to pay for the players in key positions

I dunno about Smith anymore, it just feels like a desperation short team hope for a quick fix by the club without actually getting to the source of the issues and fixing things properly from the ground up.

I just feel like Smith will drag this out like he has done with the Storm over the previous off seasons, the club will have committed everything free under the cap to getting him here, let opportunities pass by and then he will turn it down and the club will be left with the dregs on the market trying to put together another patchwork squad.

I don't know if its worth it, it's going all in on one player and then just hoping the gamble pays off.

Very different, Israel wanted a four year deal and Eels didn't have the money, so had to try spacing their cap out, paying him $110k then more later, the other clubs said no way and the NRL said no way. Turns out they were both right considering we know the Eels were dodgy as hell a few years later.

It didn't matter anyway, Rugby came in with a huge offer and suddenly Israel didn't want to be an Eel and duded Nolan after promising him he would come.

Smith could take less to move, he could get third party deals off the cap, if he was home in Queensland you would think there would be lots of commercial opportunities for him if he was shrewd and wanted to do extra work.

His book is going to make him money this year, 800k at the Storm might be 500k somewhere else if he wants to desperately play on- also he's now unemployed and the longer he takes to make up his mind the less money in the pool.

Last edited:
Folau was the only one of the top of my head i could think of but wasnt their issues with latrell going to souths initially because the contract value was going to be considerably less?i dont think they would care if it was 100k less but 3 or 400k less might raise some concerns.

Very different, Israel wanted a four year deal and Eels didn't have the money, so had to try spacing their cap out, paying him $110k then more later, the other clubs said no way and the NRL said no way. Turns out they were both right considering we know the Eels were dodgy as hell a few years later.

It didn't matter anyway, Rugby came in with a huge offer and suddenly Israel didn't want to be an Eel and duded Nolan after promising him he would come.

Smith could take less to move, he could get third party deals off the cap, if he was home in Queensland you would think there would be lots of commercial opportunities for him if he was shrewd and wanted to do extra work.

His book is going to make him money this year, 800k at the Storm might be 500k somewhere else if he wants to desperately play on- also he's now unemployed and the longer he takes to make up his mind the less money in the pool.
Is it right that Nolan was at the eels during their cap cheating?

Is it also true that Issac Moses was suspended due to his actions regarding parramatta at this time?

Is it also true that Isaac Moses represented a large portion of our club, including representing Seibold to his massive contract with no performance clauses?

What year did Nolan return to the broncos? Is he as crooked as the circumstantial evidences may suggest?

I don't think he is going to be struggling financially and he will be more than well compensated wherever he winds when he winds up back in Melbourne.

Is it right that Nolan was at the eels during their cap cheating?

Is it also true that Issac Moses was suspended due to his actions regarding parramatta at this time?

Is it also true that Isaac Moses represented a large portion of our club, including representing Seibold to his massive contract with no performance clauses?

What year did Nolan return to the broncos? Is he as crooked as the circumstantial evidences may suggest?

Nolan was at the Eels 11-14.

Moses was suspended for misleading Tim Mannah and giving false evidence- appeal pending. He was banned for 6 months for the Storm cap saga too.

Nolan was alleged to be paying Norman's rent outside the cap- $3000 a month. It was never proven.

Nolan was at the Eels 11-14.

Moses was suspended for misleading Tim Mannah and giving false evidence- appeal pending. He was banned for 6 months for the Storm cap saga too.

Nolan was alleged to be paying Norman's rent outside the cap- $3000 a month. It was never proven.
I wonder if Eels had an over representation of Moses clients during that time like we do now.

Nolan seems to love working with him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Old Mate
  • Bish
  • Johnny92
  • Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Harry Sack
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.