Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have very strong mail that Brandon Smith will be playing for a South-East Queensland NRL club in 2021. Strong enough that I'm willing to stake my reputation on it.

Can't say for certain if it's us or the Titans, but I would lean towards the Titans purely because of the circumstances (No established hooker / Melbourne connection with Proctor & Fa'asuamaleaui)

If he goes to the Titans then Tino must be staying put at the Storm, the Storm aren't just going to release Smith to the Titans without something in return.

I would bet on that we are giving them Coates in exchange for Smith.

Last edited:
I have very strong mail that Brandon Smith will be playing for a South-East Queensland NRL club in 2021. Strong enough that I'm willing to stake my reputation on it.

Can't say for certain if it's us or the Titans, but I would lean towards the Titans purely because of the circumstances (No established hooker / Melbourne connection with Proctor & Fa'asuamaleaui)
If it's 21 then that would mean a player swap.

So....
Coates and B Smith swap for 2021.
C Smith to Titans.

Kurt Mann would be a phenomenal signing, exactly what we need. Competitive and skillful.
Prefer his brother: Soupa.
Reminds me of a traindriver I knew once. His Name was Richard Mann or as we all called him, Dick-man. Because he was a dick, man.

Kurt Mann WOULD be useful but is he what we consider a good person? I think we need to go back to 'good guy' first, good player second.

Prefer his brother: Soupa.
Reminds me of a traindriver I knew once. His Name was Richard Mann or as we all called him, Dick-man. Because he was a dick, man.

Kurt Mann WOULD be useful but is he what we consider a good person? I think we need to go back to 'good guy' first, good player second.
From all accounts he’s a very stand up guy. Probably a better bloke than player tbh and that’s why he kept being given chances back when he was a meme.

From all accounts he’s a very stand up guy. Probably a better bloke than player tbh and that’s why he kept being given chances back when he was a meme.
Well, I'm all for it then. I get a little tired of unreal expectations on this site and from fans in general. You know, the expectation that every 20 year old will have the maturity of a 45 year old, the discipline of a Tibetan Monk and the foresight of a soothsayer BECAUSE they were told by the NRL of their responsibilities and because they earn 4 times the national average wage. Yes, some things cannot be forgiven but what's expected can at times be ridiculous.

Well, I'm all for it then. I get a little tired of unreal expectations on this site and from fans in general. You know, the expectation that every 20 year old will have the maturity of a 45 year old, the discipline of a Tibetan Monk and the foresight of a soothsayer BECAUSE they were told by the NRL of their responsibilities and because they earn 4 times the national average wage. Yes, some things cannot be forgiven but what's expected can at times be ridiculous.
He’s also a QLD which will make some fans happy.

Not sure where you’d play him though. His best position is 5/8 but he’s played almost everywhere. He’d probably be a good reliable centre if given a pre-season and an extended run without being shuffled around. Possibly bench utility who plays second row if no one need covering. He has played fullback before but I can’t comment on how he went.

B.Smith trade for Coates and I’m in.
Regarding K Mann I think he would be a great buy.
On a side note, I saw Pearce this morning (Newcastle, not Brisbane) and he didn’t look like he was doing that great. It’ll be interesting to see what happens with his position and the knights.

Last edited:
He’s also a QLD which will make some fans happy.

Not sure where you’d play him though. His best position is 5/8 but he’s played almost everywhere. He’d probably be a good reliable centre if given a pre-season and an extended run without being shuffled around. Possibly bench utility who plays second row if no one need covering. He has played fullback before but I can’t comment on how he went.
A talented utility at a qld price, **** yeah. I'm not a Milford fan so my view of him should be viewed skeptically and I desperately hope he has a blinder in 21 and in the process proves me wrong. I know it's fantasy but were I KW I'd give Milford just 5 games to show me something.

He'd go back to Intrust after that with my words ringing in his ears 'win MotM awards and you'll be a huge chance of returning.
If we had K. Mann he'd be next in line.

I know Milford could be the 5/8 we need but with him, my usual optimistic outlook fades.

A talented utility at a qld price, **** yeah. I'm not a Milford fan so my view of him should be viewed skeptically and I desperately hope he has a blinder in 21 and in the process proves me wrong. I know it's fantasy but were I KW I'd give Milford just 5 games to show me something.

He'd go back to Intrust after that with my words ringing in his ears 'win MotM awards and you'll be a huge chance of returning.

I know Milford could be the 5/8 we need but with him, my usual optimistic outlook fades.

Love it!

I tend to agree re Milf though I am making the same fatal mistake that thousands of SC players make every pre-season and expecting a decent uptrend in form from Milford.

Mann is a great bit player at 5/8 with a strong but not flashy running game. While he’s a good addition when you have more dominating forces elsewhere (eg 7. Pearce, 1. Ponga) I think our spine will look even less potent with Mann replacing Milford, unless Deardon ages 5 years in 1 off season and starts acting like a Thurston.

A potential spine of 9. Macca 6. Mann 1. Isaako could be the blandest spine combination ever jotted on a team list. It’s a shame Peter Wallace is retired because adding him at 7 just might open the gates of purgatory.

For what it's worth, I'd argue that Mann was more damaging at hooker than at five-eighth for the Knights last season. Wouldn't be surprised if he's the back-up plan for us, assuming that the C.Smith/B.Smith/Grant conundrum leads nowhere.

A 6, 7, 9 combination of Milford, Dearden & Mann would be actually very nice. We desperately need a 9 who has a good running & short kicking game, which Mann does.

Agreed.

On a more positive note, I’m optimistic about him staying. He loves the club, has only had 1 or 2 days of training with Kev due to playing origin forcing his break to go longer. His last taste of life at the broncos was winning a spoon under Seibold. A couple of weeks under Kevvie would make him feel far more comfortable committing. On top of that he has previously said how much he idolised fellow PNG player David Mead, who he will now be training next too and getting advice from.
Where is this “Coates loves the Broncos” nonsense coming from? Everything I have seen from him suggests the exact opposite.

Where is this “Coates loves the Broncos” nonsense coming from? Everything I have seen from him suggests the exact opposite.
All these players “love the Broncos”.
Until their managers say hey, why don’t you love some big $$ instead.
Fifita is the prime example.

Someone who is an exception to the above and genuinely loves the Broncos is a bloke named Herbie.
The sacrifices the kid has made, and then to be chased by many clubs and offered more $, he still chose the Broncos.

There needs to be more blokes like Herbie.

Last edited:
All these players “love the Broncos”.
Until their managers say hey, why don’t you love some big $$ instead.
Fifita is the prime example.

Someone who is an exception to the above and genuinely loves the Broncos is a bloke named Herbie.
The sacrifices the kid has made, and then to be chased by many clubs and offered more $, he still chose the Broncos.

There needs to be more blokes like Herbie.
Guys like Herbie who genuinely loves the Broncos is the reason I hate it when people say “Coates loves the Broncos”. He doesn’t, the emotion in being presented his jersey is because he made it in the NRL, nothing to do with his ‘love’ for the club.

If he did love the club he wouldn’t be having purposely public meetings to embarrass the club when it is at it’s lowest. It is one thing to make sure you are getting the best deal but you don’t need to drag it out publicly to do it and if that is the only way his manager can do it he needs a new manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • sooticus
  • Evander
  • Justwin
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Dazza 92
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • HarryAllan7
  • Bongo
  • Lozza
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.