Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
And things can change. I can’t blame any kid for thinking about leaving given the mess the club was last year. It remains to be seen what happens this year. If the board is incompetent enough to allow you to field offers officially before locking you up and you have the reigning premiers come knocking who are famous for nurturing and developing players to become among the best in the comp and you are at a club that’s a basket case, I’m not blaming a young guy with massive potential but huge flaws for entertaining it. I’d be doing the same thing.

I’d be a little cautious signing a bloke who looks like Percy Wetmore from the Green Mile...🤔

Attachments

• F1C69A35-7646-48B8-9287-98B5971C5890.jpeg
    F1C69A35-7646-48B8-9287-98B5971C5890.jpeg
    429.4 KB · Views: 99
Tbh Coates would be doing exactly as his manager tells him. Who he pays, so it is in his best interest to do what he is saying.
Every manager would be using Fifita as an example of what can happen when you’re shopped around in the public eye.
From a Broncos point of view I think it’s pretty simple. Offer him market worth + 50k and you say here is the deadline. You either sign or you move on.
Its as simple as that. No player should be holding the club to ransom. I will add if they’re not going to take on the contract, I think they should be pushed out of the 17.
Add to the fact that Coates hasn’t done anything yet to prove that he is worth anything over 400k (and that’s being generous).
Sure, he played in a winning origin series, but he wouldn’t have been there if it wasn’t for multiple injuries.
The same goes for our other “off contract stars”.
Id be more keen to lock up Dearden and Staggs then go all in for a bloke who could well be Corey Oates 2.0

And things can change. I can’t blame any kid for thinking about leaving given the mess the club was last year. It remains to be seen what happens this year. If the board is incompetent enough to allow you to field offers officially before locking you up and you have the reigning premiers come knocking who are famous for nurturing and developing players to become among the best in the comp and you are at a club that’s a basket case, I’m not blaming a young guy with massive potential but huge flaws for entertaining it. I’d be doing the same thing.
And that’s fine, but stop saying he loves the club because these are actions of someone that doesn’t.

And that’s fine, but stop saying he loves the club because these are actions of someone that doesn’t.
I quite like my job and they’ve been very good to me but I would definitely look at other options if they were on the table. I would prefer to stay but I’m also not stupid.

Turpin is a better 9 than Mann I reckon, if he can stay on the field.

Still would prefer Brandon Smith or Grant but it won't happen.

They’ll also sign C. Smith “if he’s interested and it fits in their cap”.

Probably to a train and trial deal as I hear he’s a bit of a journeyman that still hasn’t achieved a great deal in the game...

Surely the NRL must get suspicious of their cap at some point?!

If Coates was to sign with the Titans it would be for 2022. Don and Pearson finish end of this year, you don’t re-sign those two and you can get Coates.

If Coates was to sign with the Titans it would be for 2022. Don and Pearson finish end of this year, you don’t re-sign those two and you can get Coates.

But with their self-professed endless cap, they could fit him for this season, just ask them.

Pearce potentially to be released / moved on from Knights after this latest saga.
Not a spring chicken anymore and would likely want big money, plus stand in the way of Dearden... but he's a solid club level playmaker... worth considering?
We should have signed him when he left the Roosters. But Bennett said Pearce wouldn't fit the culture, then followed that by signing Bird and Lodge.

Big mistake, but it's too late for Pearnice now.

We should have signed him when he left the Roosters. But Bennett said Pearce wouldn't fit the culture, then followed that by signing Bird and Lodge.

Big mistake, but it's too late for Pearnice now.

So Pearce keeps making mistake after mistake, but Bird has never been any bother aside from his injuries and Lodge's behaviour has been examplary since he has been here. I'm not really sure what you are trying to say, that it was a mistake not to sign a dickhead but to keep two blokes that weren't?

As Young MC once said, there’s one more girl you won’t be getting..

Attachments

• DEB4D726-4F36-41C8-9265-6A4BC10BCC1D.jpeg
    DEB4D726-4F36-41C8-9265-6A4BC10BCC1D.jpeg
    98.4 KB · Views: 165
Well guys any hopes of corey Allan are gone now that he signed with the dogs

I quite like my job and they’ve been very good to me but I would definitely look at other options if they were on the table. I would prefer to stay but I’m also not stupid.
Cool dude and me too, would you make sure you do your looking around and interviews in the most public fashion possible so you can embarrass your current employer which you “love”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncosgirl
  • FACTHUNT
  • sooticus
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Wolfie
  • Galah
  • Fitzy
  • kiwi2
  • kman
  • Xzei
  • Allo
  • broncsgoat
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.