Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Kevvie wants a game plan like this:

4. Farnworth (Fullback)
2. Mead/?? 5. Coates (Wingers)
1. Drinkwater 3. Staggs 6. Milford 7. Dearden (Five-eighths)
13. Asiata 10. TPJ (Locks)
11. Glenn (Second-Row)
8. Lodge 12. Carrigan (Props)
9. Turpin (Hooker)

14. Paix (No game time), 15. Riki (second-row), 16. Flegler (Prop), 17. Oates (Wing-Centre-Prop-Second-Row = whatever Kevvie is feeling on the day)

I fail to see how Staggs has the IQ to be 6.
He just has to be an elite running 6, we need a smart 7 to be a game manager. Think Jack Wighton at the Raiders, there's no reason Staggs can't be that type of player.

Did not know that. Is that public knowledge ? I mean has KW declared that that is his intention?

Long term goal. It won’t happen this season, because of Milford and injury but long term he’s wanted as a six. Which means the Broncos will have to risk paying 6 money.

Long term goal. It won’t happen this season, because of Milford and injury but long term he’s wanted as a six. Which means the Broncos will have to risk paying 6 money.
What does this mean for milflop?

I think Staggs could be an elite 6, I’d offer him 700k with incentives in the contract.

So happy to hear the Broncs seem to have turned a corner in this aspect.

Stick to your guns management!

Ask for Hunt back but we only pay 100k each year of the remainder of his contract.
@Foordy will hate this, but even he’d have to agree now that it’s amazing what happens to the place when you have people who aren’t grossly incompetent at their jobs running the place.

Last edited:
I think Staggs could be an elite 6, I’d offer him 700k with incentives in the contract.
Not a chance. $700k to play a position no one has seen him really play is just insane.

Far safer ways to use our money that have better evidence that they could produce a good result.

You can buy probably half a dozen proven 5/8’s for the same money that won’t have to learn how to do the job on the run.

I'd happily take Hunt as a player swap for a year.
Not a question about it. He’s a very, very good Dummy Half, even if he doesn’t like doing it. Those guys are hard to come by and I’d happily move other guys on to give us a guy who could absolutely kill it in the most important role on the field in today’s game.

i like the idea of Staggs at 6 or 1. His running style and power reminds me a bit of Tedesco.
I’d fully support the move, however it would put a lot of pressure on the rest of the spine to have a great game controller. Something we haven’t had in 10 years.

I guess we’ll see what Dearden is made of this year

I'm still not seeing Staggs as a 6. Just dont think he has the game for it at all. I'd like Drinkwater as fullback, now way as a 6. His defence is abysmal there.

If he keeps staggs and looks to build him into a running 5/8 it is going to put huge pressure on dearden and the hooker unless he develops a passing game superior to the one he has.
Dearden looks good but is he THAT good? Working on that a grant or a Brandon smith wouldnt be a "want"but a "must" to help dearden out there. That or a passing. fullback, or both.
Basically a complete spine rebuild on what we have. Even with our war chest next year, would we have enough?
If he is looking to use him at 5/8, perhaps giving him a shot later in the year when is fit as a roving fullback, 5/8 or even lock might be an idea. Getting him to play a pivotal role in the spine for short spells might help. Keep him mainly at centre though. A 5/8 who doesn't pass has killed us in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • marw
  • kiwibronco
  • Fatboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.