Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be interested to know your thoughts on how we got into our current predicament and whose fault (White, Morris, Seibold, Nolan, all of them etc?)

The coach always gets what they want at the Broncos always coming or going. The Recruitment team facilitate his wants. People forget/don't know that minutes are kept at the RR meeting. It's not just an informal chat.

Badel and his mates wouldn't know that you could look at those minutes and find 'blame' if that's your go.

For me the Broncos are bringing enough talented players to the club, the disconnect is between MM/ISC and NRL. Something is going wrong in turning those young players into NRL players. The problem is not the people on the ground finding young players.

Cap wise the Broncos are coming out of the bad cap era now- 2017-2021.

More a position to retain and reset with some good negotiation. 7 Days until DD's enter the building.
Nope. He starts May 1st not April, unfortunately.

The coach always gets what they want at the Broncos always coming or going. The Recruitment team facilitate his wants. People forget/don't know that minutes are kept at the RR meeting. It's not just an informal chat.

Badel and his mates wouldn't know that you could look at those minutes and find 'blame' if that's your go.

For me the Broncos are bringing enough talented players to the club, the disconnect is between MM/ISC and NRL. Something is going wrong in turning those young players into NRL players. The problem is not the people on the ground finding young players.

Cap wise the Broncos are coming out of the bad cap era now- 2017-2021.
I don't know if it's your view, but mine certainly is that we seem to be throwing players into the NRL without them learning the ropes in ISC for example. We are taking them from playing against kids to playing against NRL men with nothing in between. They don't get to learn the game and very few make the jump.

Hooper is saying Kevie is going hard at the 11th hour for Piakura with a 3 year deal at $400k/year

I just can’t fathom why the dogs want him so bad, they have no hooker but have an abundance of edge forwards unless they really think he’s that good.

It’s a good deal here and a clear way to first grade, he could be starting as early as next year. Something just smells rotten about it all

Hooper is saying Kevie is going hard at the 11th hour for Piakura with a 3 year deal at $400k/year

I just can’t fathom why the dogs want him so bad, they have no hooker but have an abundance of edge forwards unless they really think he’s that good.

It’s a good deal here and a clear way to first grade, he could be starting as early as next year. Something just smells rotten about it all
When he was the one last night saying it was a done deal lol.

Is that more than we offered Walsh?

I don't know if it's your view, but mine certainly is that we seem to be throwing players into the NRL without them learning the ropes in ISC for example. We are taking them from playing against kids to playing against NRL men with nothing in between. They don't get to learn the game and very few make the jump.

100% fact but that's a result of being in the cellar at the moment, you need answers so you rush things and try and find the answer you need. Compare it to the strong clubs up the top- Grant plays 41 games- nearly two years of ISC.

Walker won't be rushed at the Roosters if he's not ready this year, Robinson won't play him. Brisbane don't have that luxury. You can only do it when you're going well.

Pressure goes on, people write he's killing it in ISC articles and you pick him, he plays five ok or average games and the pressure just builds.

Brisbane used to just ease players in, have your 10 minutes off the bench. Lockyer played 4/11 games his first year off the bench- second year 13/20.

If Lockyer was playing ISC today he'd be rushed in and expect to fix it.

I said it in another post, i would not be surprised if the next time the Broncos are truly competitive, this team will look completely different to what it does now.
Maybe one or two from the current squad might still be here, but the rest will be new signings or up and comers.
Unless we start winning I’m afraid I fully agree with you.

also not having our ceo because the storm had to have one last kick at us while we’re down is not helping.
I’m not in the know, so I can only speculate as to how it looks to me from what I’ve read on here. It looks like we keep getting poached so they’re rushing them in, in a trail by fire scenario to see what sticks but in the process completely missing the point of Qcup and how important it is for player development, “as you have stated”.Couple that with our shit culture, shit contracts, it’s snowballed to this exact point we’re currently in.

100% fact but that's a result of being in the cellar at the moment, you need answers so you rush things and try and find the answer you need. Compare it to the strong clubs up the top- Grant plays 41 games- nearly two years of ISC.

Walker won't be rushed at the Roosters if he's not ready this year, Robinson won't play him. Brisbane don't have that luxury. You can only do it when you're going well.

Pressure goes on, people write he's killing it in ISC articles and you pick him, he plays five ok or average games and the pressure just builds.

Brisbane used to just ease players in, have your 10 minutes off the bench. Lockyer played 4/11 games his first year off the bench- second year 13/20.

If Lockyer was playing ISC today he'd be rushed in and expect to fix it.

Obviously we need that to change. Don't think we have the calibre of player we used to either to carry these promising youngsters.

Unless we start winning I’m afraid I fully agree with you.

also not having our ceo because the storm had to have one last kick at us while we’re down is not helping.

I’m not in the know, so I can only speculate as to how it looks to me from what I’ve read on here. It looks like we keep getting poached so they’re rushing them in, in a trail by fire scenario to see what sticks but in the process completely missing the point of Qcup and how important it is for player development, “as you have stated”.Couple that with our shit culture, shit contracts, it’s snowballed to this exact point we’re currently in.

We will lose quite a few I reckon, but we just can't afford to be held to ransom by these players who want to bypass their development for money. If they choose to leave so be it. We have a big enough pool to choose from to find the players we need who will stay here.

Then you have to be really strong and say we will take our time down here and build up, and you can stay in ISC.

That takes unbelievable strength.
I don't think we can afford to do it any other way now.

How the **** would Hooper know? Does he really expect us to believe that after his 'report' last night Kevvie called him up to tell him that he is offering him 400k for 3 years?

I think the problem with Hooper is he is a confirmed halfwit and assumes that everyone else is the same.

Let's hope we aren't buckling under the public pressure from the Walsh loss & are now back to paying kids overs to stem the bleeding.

Our man Hoops now saying Kev is having an 11th hour bid to retain Piakura.
This could in fact be:
  • Hopper hedging his bets
  • He was never leaving
  • The club reading all the headlines and thinking ****, we need to keep him, give him the kitchen sink
  • The club only just discovering he is off contract
Surely we would have better doing this backflipping action and trying to have kept Walsh as Isaako ain’t no FB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Gaz
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Financeguy
  • NSW stables
  • RolledOates
  • Big Del
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Lazza
  • cento
  • Wild Horse
  • Sproj
  • Muros
  • broncos4life
  • Allo
  • Astro
  • Xzei
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.