Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club needs to do a better job communicating why they didn't get into a bidding war for walsh and explain the direction they are trying to take. Get on the front foot & stop letting the courier mail interpret everything through their own lens. We really seem like a headless chook atm. Monaghan feels like a substitute teacher, May 1 can't come quick enough.

The club needs to do a better job communicating why they didn't get into a bidding war for walsh and explain the direction they are trying to take. Get on the front foot & stop letting the courier mail interpret everything through their own lens. We really seem like a headless chook atm. Monaghan feels like a substitute teacher, May 1 can't come quick enough.
The problem is I feel we are doing exactly what Newscorp want us to do at the direction of their plant and our Chairman.

In any case why bother, they will just spin it their way no matter what, look at the Piakura situation. When he looks like a done deal at the Dogs it is a devastating blow for the Broncos and he is a once in a generation backrower that we should have done everything to keep, when he may be staying it's a 'desperate move from a desperate club'.

Last edited:

When Warriors throw half a mil per year at Walsh it’s a ‘coup’ and a blow to Brisbane who fail to retain an upcoming super star. When the bulldogs offer huge overs to Piakura its yet another case of us not being able to retain talent but if we compete with the offers, it’s a desperate bid from a desperate club. Fmd

Last edited:
I don't understand , wtf is going on .
Is this for real or are these journos full of shit.

I don't understand , wtf is going on .
Is this for real or are these journos full of shit.
They are full of shit, their job is to get clicks and get people worked up. They are wrong most of the time and then just move on to the next saga without skipping a beat.

I mean they have to be wrong here, there's no way we'd try harder to keep a backrower than we would for Walsh, ... right?

When Warriors throw half a mil per year at Walsh it’s a ‘coup’ and a blow to Brisbane who fail to retain an upcoming super star. When the bulldogs offer huge overs to Piakura its yet another case of us not being able to retain talent but if we compete with the offers, it’s a desperate bid from a desperate club. Fmd
Can you post this to twitter and see what the **** says.

Is it just me and my paranoia or does it really feel like there is some agenda at play here trying to destroy the Broncos.
I refuse to believe that we are as inept as is being made out.

I was thinking about this last night and you know what, I feel like we are so lucky Parker bleeds maroon and yellow because even though he was punted, he will always put the club first because he loves the Broncos. I actually think the Broncos should have kept him on staff because of his love for the club and career to back up his words but also, perhaps even more importantly, because he has a voice in the media.

We've all been wondering why the Titans have suddenly become a faiytale team and I think a big part of the answer is because Fox has so much influence on what is written and put on tv and who are two of the biggest parts of the stupidity coming into the living room every week? Tallis and Meninga.

Those two obviously are mates / workmates with the rest of the idiots on Fox's / Kayo's coverage and so when the Titan pay ridiculous money to Fifita, it is a win to the club, not an irresponsible spend. After signing bucketloads of players on inflated contracts, Tallis and Meninga act like they still have money to spend, so everyone else just agrees.

Now, the Broncos sell papers, they get clicks and they suck, with no one employed by the club on staff. So it is oh so easy to just sink the boot in every chance they get because although they have Ikin and Tallis on staff, both of them do not seem to love the club or at least try to come across as impartial in Ikin's case. Tallis genuinely seems to hate the club and works for the Titans. So we get punched, kicked and beaten up with no one other than Parker to speak on our behalf and if he didn't love the club, he'd sink the boot in too.

We need to get Parker back on staff and look to employ someone else in the Fox media coverage, preferably someone like Ennis or Ikin and this will help us to start getting some positive press for once. The way it currently stands is totally unprofessional and totally one-sided with very little right of reply.

I mean they have to be wrong here, there's no way we'd try harder to keep a backrower than we would for Walsh, ... right?

Wouldn't surprise me.

Think the club still has high hopes for Niu as the long-term fullback, and with Glenn (likely) retiring after this season, Piakura could walk in to the left edge role and partner Riki in the second-row for many years to come.

Wouldn't surprise me.

Think the club still has high hopes for Niu as the long-term fullback, and with Glenn (likely) retiring after this season, Piakura could walk in to the left edge role and partner Riki in the second-row for many years to come.
First I’ve heard about this Niu long term fullback thing

They are full of shit, their job is to get clicks and get people worked up. They are wrong most of the time and then just move on to the next saga without skipping a beat.
So they'll build it up to make us look desperate and then when he leaves make out that no one wants to stay and we can't get shit done.

First I’ve heard about this Niu long term fullback thing

How? It's his preferred position. 90% of the media reports about him coming through the juniors were that he's 'the next Lockyer' and our future Fullback.

How? It's his preferred position. 90% of the media reports about him coming through the juniors were that he's 'the next Lockyer' and our future Fullback.
I probably misspoke, it’s the first I’ve heard about it since Seibold left. I got the impression centre was where they see his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Painin the Haas
  • Rah88
  • Sproj
  • Battler
  • Big Del
  • Old Mate
  • Gaz
  • Aldo
  • Wolfie
  • Astro
  • pennywisealfie
  • FACTHUNT
  • Manofoneway
  • ezpz
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Skyblues87
  • theshed
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.