Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badel is now claiming the Warriors and a "Sydney based suitor" are trying to poach Riki

Badel is now claiming the Warriors and a "Sydney based suitor" are trying to poach Riki

But...Broncos soical media claimed hes a done deal to re-sign.....!

If i cant trust social media....i dunno where to go next.... :rofl

Seriously, like our coach saying at a press conference our salary cap is currently "fucked"......just SHUT UP, dont say any fucking thing until theres a signature on a contract....

Last edited:
Walsh was a guy who played in a position we have virtually no depth at. Piakura can be covered right now.
Can he really be covered though?

We're currently playing Glenn as a starting backrower when he really should have retired last year. If we have to go in with Glenn another year older, we're screwed next year. We are desperately short good backrowers, right now we just have a bunch of middles, with only 2 genuine backrowers (one being Glenn who is past it).

Walsh would have been nice to keep but Isaako is serviceable and could even improve a lot to become a top 8 fullback.

Badel is full of shit, but if he was crying after the Titans loss like someone on here mentioned I don't know how keen he'd be to stay.

But...Broncos soical media claimed hes a done deal to re-sign.....!

If i cant trust social media....i dunno where to go next.... :rofl

Seriously, like our coach saying at a press conference our salary cap is currently "fucked"......just SHUT UP, dont say any fucking thing until theres a signature on a contract....

I'm not sure anyone at the club said it was a done deal (at least publicly). IIRC it's only come from those media scum. but that position doesn't fit the article they wanted to write today, so i guess things change bro

Badel is full of shit, but if he was crying after the Titans loss like someone on here mentioned I don't know how keen he'd be to stay.

Crying after a loss is a sign of passion
Crying after a loss is a sign of hurting
Crying after a loss is a sign of caring

if you don't love the club you play for you don't cry after a round 2 loss

I know it’s become common place for Broncos to cry on-field after a loss, but until our club imploded it was pretty well unheard of except for full time after a Grand Final.

I think it’s more to do with playing for one of the biggest basket cases ever seen in the NRL and having the media spotlight ramped up to 11 constantly. There are a lot of clubs more appealing to play at than that right now.

Last edited:

You don't cry after any loss unless you feel completely hopeless.

5 minutes ago: Daily fail article on how a Sydney based club is going to poach riki
26 minutes ago: Brisbane Broncos release statement on Riki extending for the next 3yrs.
“Jurno’s”
Lol.

Last edited:
5 minutes ago: Daily fail article on how a Sydney based club is going to poach riki
26 minutes ago: Brisbane Broncos release statement on Riki extending for the next 3yrs.
“Jurno’s”
Lol.
LOL...
Great news for the club. Riki is a young bloke willing to work hard for the jersey, exactly what this club needs. Not like those Kim and Khloe Kardashian money hungry entitled sluts Fifita and Walsh! Mercenaries!!

Last edited:
So glad to hear Riki has re-signed with us, I have to admit he is fast replacing TPJ as my fav player with an x factor. His attitude is all you want from a young up and coming player and I can only see him getting better with more experience which is a fabulous prospect.

Dead set i think in a season or two Riki will be pushing for Dally M honours as best player and best 2nd rower. Well done Broncos he was one who has already shown his potential.

Can you tech geniuses please move this to the Riki thread please.

Last edited:
It'll just give him the opportunity to write another bullcrap article saying that we just upped out offer at the last minute.

I think Meyn has been reading @Sproj posts ... article about Staggs possibly coming back as a 5/8 and forcing Milford out of the club

I think Meyn has been reading @Sproj posts ... article about Staggs possibly coming back as a 5/8 and forcing Milford out of the club
Took them long enough, @Smokin' Joe has been onto it for a while.

Great news regarding Riki. I think each young player that re-signs increases the odds of the others re-signing because a lot of the young guys are close and no one wants to be the only guy who stayed at the shit hole club.

If we hold onto Dearden the rest of the young guys are just bonuses. I think Riki and Dearden were the most important of the bunch (other than Walsh). Piakura at a good price would be nice and Coates would be pretty sweet too.

Can he really be covered though?

We're currently playing Glenn as a starting backrower when he really should have retired last year. If we have to go in with Glenn another year older, we're screwed next year. We are desperately short good backrowers, right now we just have a bunch of middles, with only 2 genuine backrowers (one being Glenn who is past it).

Walsh would have been nice to keep but Isaako is serviceable and could even improve a lot to become a top 8 fullback.
i see Bullemor and Riki as the future there, Asiatia and Carrigan can cover if/when necessary + TPJ....Oates..???

Unless im missing something, i think we are covered there...?

Last edited:
Great news regarding Riki. I think each young player that re-signs increases the odds of the others re-signing because a lot of the young guys are close and no one wants to be the only guy who stayed at the shit hole club.

If we hold onto Dearden the rest of the young guys are just bonuses. I think Riki and Dearden were the most important of the bunch (other than Walsh). Piakura at a good price would be nice and Coates would be pretty sweet too.

That Staggs fella would go alright at the right price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Hoof Hearted
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Tim K
  • Rough and Ready
  • BruiserMk1
  • Scdeac
  • Gaz
  • Dexter
  • Purple Pills
  • Wild Horse
  • Skyblues87
  • GCBRONCO
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • broncotville
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • broncsgoat
  • bb_gun
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.