Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does help though that they were allowed to develop together at the same club in ISC. I know they get a lot of flak for not producing victorians, and probably rightly so, but in terms of how they develop players they are very good at it. They dont bow to pressure and just let them go through ISC and learn their trade. Out of their current squad recent times i can recall watching Munster, B.Smith, Grant, Papenhauzen, Nynes, Kamikamika, Olam, K.Bromwich, Lewis and Hughes all playing plenty of ISC. You can even look at the likes of Drinkwater and Tino, and Way before that Inglis, Slater, Cronk and Smith all serving their time in ISC. We cant just keep picking these kids of ours just because they want lucrative contracts and we feel its the only way to keep them.

In the Storms case i think it helps that they've got a good system in place set up by Bellamy, and have had a good core anchored by Cam Smith.

their success has allowed them to develop their players (like Grant) properly with out the pressure to make changes

In the Storms case i think it helps that they've got a good system in place set up by Bellamy, and have had a good core anchored by Cam Smith.

their success has allowed them to develop their players (like Grant) properly with out the pressure to make changes

I dont think the way they do things they would bow down to pressure anway tbh.

I dont think the way they do things they would bow down to pressure anway tbh.
Maybe not but having so much stability for an extended time in both coaching and important spine positions, it's given them the luxury to pick and choose on who and how to strengthen other areas. Much like the broncos of the 90s it just seemed like an endless production line, because of the same reason. Also those good kids in those important positions would be happy to wait and learn from good players, also when your with a winning organization your happy to be part of it.
Will take time to get there again but we've been there before so I don't think we will have to wait to long.

Maybe not but having so much stability for an extended time in both coaching and important spine positions, it's given them the luxury to pick and choose on who and how to strengthen other areas. Much like the broncos of the 90s it just seemed like an endless production line, because of the same reason. Also those good kids in those important positions would be happy to wait and learn from good players, also when your with a winning organization your happy to be part of it.
Will take time to get there again but we've been there before so I don't think we will have to wait to long.

Agree. We need to start somewhere though, and not being held to ransom by our own players is a good start. Wont be easy though.

Kent is now claiming “dark whispers” that we are over the cap this year... anything for a story...
racist wonder showzen GIF

Kent is now claiming “dark whispers” that we are over the cap this year... anything for a story...
"I'm hearing rumours the Broncos accountant accidentally added extra zeros in his cap calculations. They thought they had a 100 million cap and despite losing 80 million $ worth of players they are still 10 million over" Paul "the scoop" Kunt

There is no way they could be over the cap, we have literally lost rep players left, right and centre and replaced them with duds. Maybe it would be helpful if the spotlight was put on some of the media darlings like the Roosters, Panthers and Storm and find out how they all manage to run out international rosters.

Also, this article:

Is almost word for word from posts on here.

There is no way they could be over the cap, we have literally lost rep players left, right and centre and replaced them with duds. Maybe it would be helpful if the spotlight was put on some of the media darlings like the Roosters, Panthers and Storm and find out how they all manage to run out international rosters.

Also, this article:

Roosters squad in particular is insane. That backline is mega stacked and all bar lam (who is really a fill in) and Manu were recruited externally.

Penrith have pretty much got their juniors and Melbourne fill out the squad with a lot of low level plodders who just look good. But what's the Roosters' excuse?

Last edited:

Also, this article:

We are under the cap by as much as 600k after releasing McCullough, the media reported on it only 3 weeks ago. Will have plenty to spend for next year.

We are under the cap by as much as 600k after releasing McCullough, the media reported on it only 3 weeks ago. Will have plenty to spend for next year.

but Kent says we are over the cap ... and he wouldn't lie to us for clicks would he :rofl

not to mention we were interested in Cam Smith, a player the NRL put a minimum contract value of 500k on

Also, this article:

Anyone in Warriors we can consider asking for :)

Anyone in Warriors we can consider asking for :)
Rocco Berry. No idea if he’s any good but he’s got his own schoolboy highlights package so he must be good, surely.
<iframe src='' allowfullscreen frameborder=0></iframe

There is a LOT of Ponga about that kid, like some things were almost spitting image but I don't know, he looks a bit unco for some reason.

There is a LOT of Ponga about that kid, like some things were almost spitting image but I don't know, he looks a bit unco for some reason.
Reminds me of Karmichael from those highlights a bit.

Is it just me and my paranoia or does it really feel like there is some agenda at play here trying to destroy the Broncos.
I refuse to believe that we are as inept as is being made out.
Mmm. Admin decisions are a big part of how we went from a grand final side to wooden spoon in 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • IceWorks
  • Allo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Dash
  • bb_gun
  • jarro65
  • Dreaglor
  • Dexter
  • MrMoore
  • Bucking Beads
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Aldo
... and 31 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.