Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not too sure, you've confused me what you're asking- they added some money to the second year and added a third year.

The way the media were making it sound was that in fear of losing Piakura we had suddenly bumped our offer and increased how much we are paying per year in order to desperately try to keep him.

In reality, we extended the offer and only increased it slightly, so yes the overall contract value is higher but the yearly rate hasn't changed much.

Of course, 'Broncos make sensible offer to promising young player' doesn't get as many clicks as 'Broncos in crisis! Kevvie sells his children and starts working street corners to supply boom teenage sensation with enough money just to stay!'

Well a week ago I would of thought now off the bench but watched him last week and think he needs some games. His attack was off but he was playing in a new team and against men.

I think this contract thing is weighing on him too, he certainly wasn't his usual bundle of energy.
Is he staying?

Are we doing it in the same way the storm did with Cronk, Smith and Slater or isn't there anyone close to that calibre for us to work with.
They're three of the greatest players in their generation and probably amongst the very best of all time.

The odds of that happening again at one club would be like buying a paddock and discovering it had gold underneath it, and once you'd finished extracting all that uncovering an untapped diamond mine as well.

They're three of the greatest players in their generation and probably amongst the very best of all time.

The odds of that happening again at one club would be like buying a paddock and discovering it had gold underneath it, and once you'd finished extracting all that uncovering an untapped diamond mine as well.
This is my retirement strategy

This is my retirement strategy
If you were successful then you'd almost have enough money to re-sign Anthony Milford for the next three years to very occasionally do his job.

Last edited:
If you were successful then you'd almost have enough money to re-sign Anthony Milford for the next three years to very occasionally do his job.

I'm not so much talking about find players of that class, just developing a combination of players like that so they want to stay and play together

Not to mention the huge crude oil deposit.

I'm not so much talking about find players of that class, just developing a combination of players like that so they want to stay and play together

That was the impression I got with the young guys. Aren’t Fifita, Haas, Staggs, Coates etc meant to be close mates?

Big money if true

Last edited:
I don't see how 700k is that big an issue if you are looking at turning him into a 1 or 6. Regardless, if he stays at centre, he essentially is on elite centre money and he absolutely has the potential to be the best centre in the game if he can fix his defense. You need strike weapons and Staggs very much is one and this kind of wage seems about right.

I don't see how 700k is that big an issue if you are looking at turning him into a 1 or 6. Regardless, if he stays at centre, he essentially is on elite centre money and he absolutely has the potential to be the best centre in the game if he can fix his defense. You need strike weapons and Staggs very much is one and this kind of wage seems about right.

It’s the price and length that’s the issue. 2 years at 700k or 600k for 3 but 700 locked up for that long is risky. When was the last time that worked out for us?

Because he isn't worth it yet , and he just did an ACL . $550k max imo

thats around what Chricton got from the Panthers to re-sign. Assume Bradman Best will be next in line knocking on the Knights door with his financial demands....

For mine, ive not many issues with the bulk of our cap invested in the backline. Its what we have traditionally done...

Should that much go on Staggs...well....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Xzei
  • Johnny92
  • Hurrijo
  • heartly87
  • broncoscope
  • simplythebest
  • The True King
  • the_next
  • Cavalo
  • Foordy
  • Painin the Haas
  • Dash
  • Robboi_321
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Maroon4life
  • GCBRONCO
  • Dexter
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.