Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Outside of he is good now with great potential. I think park of the need to re-sign him is to stop the leak of players leaving.

There is optics involved.

Not a bad thought that. Mind you, i'd gladly sacrifice Staggs if we could bring in a good captain, and a couple of good spine players.

Big money if true

This is hilarious. When they say "reportedly" it is the story immediately below that's reporting it. This is how you manufacture a story out of thin air. Not saying it's false; only that there is no source other than gossip.

Screenshot 2021 03 24 Broncos NRL Team The Courier Mail

This is hilarious. When they say "reportedly" it is the story immediately below that's reporting it. This is how you manufacture a story out of thin air. Not saying it's false; only that there is no source other than gossip.

So business as usual when it comes to the Broncos in the shitter then

Adam Reynolds for 2yrs with Dearden as his partner in the halves would be something to get excited about.
Transfer Milford's million a yr to Reynolds. Dearden would learn a heap, would be a great leader and can kick both in play and also conversions.
Get on the phone Kev!

Adam Reynolds for 2yrs with Dearden as his partner in the halves would be something to get excited about.
Transfer Milford's million a yr to Reynolds. Dearden would learn a heap, would be a great leader and can kick both in play and also conversions.
Get on the phone Kev!

I wouldn't be giving him a million. I would be leveraging the fact he wants longer than 12 months. 800k per year for 3 years seems reasonable. Third year is in the clubs favor.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be giving him a million. I would be leveraging the fact he wants longer than 12 months. 800k per year for 3 years seems reasonable. Third year is in the clubs favor.
Don't forget, this is the Broncos, the current wooden spooners. He probably isn't worth a mill, but I think we would have to pay him that.
But if he will come for 800k, I'd be all for it!

We could probably bargain even less the bloke doesn’t necessarily want money he wants longevity.... I reckon give him Oates contract 600k

Don't forget, this is the Broncos, the current wooden spooners. He probably isn't worth a mill, but I think we would have to pay him that.
But if he will come for 800k, I'd be all for it!

Not if we can retain Staggs and Coates (and hopefully Piakura and Dearden). The Broncs will be an attractive proposition with the strike across the park (and provided we get in the right fullback in).

Get on the phone Kev!
No way we should give Reynolds 1 mil , give the mil to paps

360 said Bennett is in discussions with the Broncs to return in some capacity (I believe that was made up like usual but putting it out there).

I'd love to see him back in some way, perhaps as a consultant for Kevv.

360 said Bennett is in discussions with the Broncs to return in some capacity (I believe that was made up like usual but putting it out there).
If there’s any shred of truth to it I bet it’s to knife kw in the back and coach again.

thats around what Chricton got from the Panthers to re-sign. Assume Bradman Best will be next in line knocking on the Knights door with his financial demands....

For mine, ive not many issues with the bulk of our cap invested in the backline. Its what we have traditionally done...

Should that much go on Staggs...well....
It's also less than what roosters offered Latrell to play center ... reported to be $800k... I guess roosters were desperate to keep him, but then they weren't

Not to mention parra or whichever shitney team has apparently offered Staggs $800k... I guess they must be desperate as well

Last edited:
Not if we can retain Staggs and Coates (and hopefully Piakura and Dearden). The Broncs will be an attractive proposition with the strike across the park (and provided we get in the right fullback in).
Why would that make us more attractive? We already have those players and we aren’t exactly the Cindy Crawford of the NRL.

Why would that make us more attractive? We already have those players and we aren’t exactly the Cindy Crawford of the NRL.

Obviously because these players are not yet committed.

That’s not really how it works.... Don’t get me wrong I won’t be surprised either way what he decides to do he may very well stay, but the fact tits have been a bit smarter with their money over the last few years is no surprise when you look at some of the foolish contracts we handed out. The titans are most likely padded out with a few lower and minimum wage contracts. How many of our players do you reckon are around the 400-600k mark? There would have to be a few, not to mention paying for players who have left too. I still hold a suspicion Boyd is being paid a small amount too.
Not sure how smart titans have been.. they're currently relying on a spine of Fogarty, ATay, Rein and Brimson... which is deliverying, but I suspect they are all on pretty low money (excluding ATay).

At some point a huge upgrade will be required for Brimson... Fogarty will end up around $600k or so (probably on minimum at the moment)... ATay will need to be replaced or at least signed for $500k-$600k... and they need a serious upgrade at hooker (you would think $800k or so at least).

They have spent a ton on Fifita... Tino will need an upgrade in 2yr (has a PO for 2023 so expect that to be an upgrade instead... also means he's off contract as of November 1 this year 🤔🤔) and Mo Fotuiaka will need a massive upgrade from 2023 onwards

We are in a similar position in regards to our spine... Milf the overpaid underperformer... Turps, Croft and Dearden on generally low dollar deals, but we are looking to up Dearden this year... we will start paying full freight on Croft and Turps I think is priced about where he would expect (so we either upgrade or he becomes consistent and reliable at a reasonable price).

No way we should give Reynolds 1 mil , give the mil to paps
Unfortunately, I don't see paps coming. I think Melbourne would rather rort the cap then loose a player to the Broncos.

The smart play for us right now imo is Folau imo. Got experience, still a quality player and i think he would jump at the chance to come back here. Also, keep an eye on Karmichael Hunt in ISC. Two short term fixes for us for 2021 and K.Hunt would provide a bit of leadership. Being Greedy, i think if we can pull out of the hat an experience prop for this year as well we could still have a promising year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• johnny plath
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Rambstien
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • theshed
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • Morepudding
  • Foordy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Lozza
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.