Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than Reynolds, what options do we have for playmakers next season? I think a good half or fullback should be our priority if we have cash to splash.

Other than Reynolds, what options do we have for playmakers next season? I think a good half or fullback should be our priority if we have cash to splash.

I reckon SJ/Reynolds + Hynes would both be gettable.

I would prefer reynolds for 700k at 2 years over milfail at 500k for another 2 years. Not a fan of Reynolds, but nothing left on the market.

I would've taken Sj 5 years ago, had a couple of bad injuries tho and isnt the player he was imo.

The smart play for us right now imo is Folau imo. Got experience, still a quality player and i think he would jump at the chance to come back here. Also, keep an eye on Karmichael Hunt in ISC. Two short term fixes for us for 2021 and K.Hunt would provide a bit of leadership. Being Greedy, i think if we can pull out of the hat an experience prop for this year as well we could still have a promising year.
Yeah and for anyone who doesn’t like Kia as our major sponsor will be happy to see them go... it’s not gonna happen

The smart play for us right now imo is Folau imo. Got experience, still a quality player and i think he would jump at the chance to come back here. Also, keep an eye on Karmichael Hunt in ISC. Two short term fixes for us for 2021 and K.Hunt would provide a bit of leadership. Being Greedy, i think if we can pull out of the hat an experience prop for this year as well we could still have a promising year.
Nathan Brown looks like he may want out at Parra. What would you think about that?

Yeah and for anyone who doesn’t like Kia as our major sponsor will be happy to see them go... it’s not gonna happen

Never say never. There can always be negotiations.

Nathan Brown looks like he may want out at Parra. What would you think about that?

No good for us for 2021. He would give us that bit of mongrel i think we lack. Again though, depends on the price.

I would prefer reynolds for 700k at 2 years over milfail at 500k for another 2 years. Not a fan of Reynolds, but nothing left on the market.
At least you know what you're getting with Reynolds. I'd take him over Milf any day.

Big money if true

How does a pissy 2.8 million over 4 years qualify as MEGA.
I thought Hunt, Fifita, Cherry Evans and JT2 in Townsville qualified as mega. They might all sneer at that and possibly label it chump change.

$700k is a good offer, if he moves to Sydney he'll spend the other 100k others are supposedly offering just to live there.

Sure It's a gamble for the club to go that high, but its not stupid like throwing $1.25m at Fifita.
I've got just the rental property for a young stud!

How does a pissy 2.8 million over 4 years qualify as MEGA.
I thought Hunt, Fifita, Cherry Evans and JT2 in Townsville qualified as mega. They might all sneer at that and possibly label it chump change.

I think $700k post covid is probably the same as $1 million pre covid.

Plus, you do have to take some calculated risks. For anyone reading and about to go off at me on this point, just listen for a minute.

Yes, this club has taken some massive risks with contracts and have got themselves them into a mess but this is totally different. This isn't an overhill player on a downward trajectory. This is not an import centre who we don't need.

This is one of our juniors who is ALREADY a gun in attack and on an UPWARD trajectory. 700k is what you would pay for a weapon and goodness me is he a weapon! Fix his defense and he is the best centre in the game. If he transitions into a fullback or half, even better. Regardless, this is not breaking the bank.

Plus, if the Titans can have two over million dollar players on their books + overpaid players everywhere and STILL have money left over for another key signing, why can't we?

Also, our squad isn't bad, it is just missing some key planks and this still leaves us money to chase someone. If we don't keep him, we need to attract someone else anyway, particularly to give us strike in the backline.

Also, we won't be re-signing Milford, we no longer have to pay Joffa, Bird, Boyd or anyone else next year I believe, so we still should have a lot of money to play with.

We need something like this as well because Staggs is rightly a marquee signing, it could well help to attract other players to the club if they start seeing stability and players wanting to stay. This would be huge for us if he takes it. It is a win-win for the player and club.
I don't think we're paying Boyd this year. Not sure why you mention him concerning next year!

I don't think we're paying Boyd this year. Not sure why you mention him concerning next year!

You could be right but I thought I read somewhere we were paying a portion as something like that happens with early retirements. I could be wrong, don't hold me to it.

I think $700k post covid is probably the same as $1 million pre covid.
Truthfully, it damn near equals what Hunt and Fifita each get for two years! My point is pre or post covid it's not a mega deal. If it is then Fifita's contract is a double plus good super duper mighty megadeal.

Truthfully, it damn near equals what Hunt and Fifita each get for two years! My point is pre or post covid it's not a mega deal. If it is then Fifita's contract is a double plus good super duper mighty megadeal.
Agree about Fifita's. Way over the top.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• BruiserMk1
  • Shane Tronc
  • Foordy
  • Dexter
  • Stix
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Rambstien
  • johnny plath
  • Lozza
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Aldo
  • Robboi_321
  • Gaz
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.