Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
700,000 would get him with a 2 year contract (shorter for lower risk)...
I agree it's not a position of need but we need some toughness and winning attitude in the middle and he certainly provides it
Had been offered a $600k a year from parra so I doubt he would take $350k to come to QLD

I don’t like a 4 year deal for someone coming off a serious injury. It’s backfired on us before. Could be the next Jack Bird

I don't think it will be as common as it was. A lot of clubs had a massive downturn in finances because of Covid. Lots of people lost their jobs.
The player salaries are effectively covered by the NRL though? I get downturn in revenue is bad, but there is no way the clubs won't be spending 100% of their salary cap in looking to cut costs (well, we might have if Paul White was still around, but mercifully he's history).

The player salaries are effectively covered by the NRL though? I get downturn in revenue is bad, but there is no way the clubs won't be spending 100% of their salary cap in looking to cut costs (well, we might have if Paul White was still around, but mercifully he's history).
I think it will be a bit more restrained. Not many of these big contracts have actually provided value for money.

Rumour Brandon Smith has signed with Bulldogs on a three year deal, in Turps we trust I suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Santa
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • marw
  • Mr Fourex
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • whykickamoocow
  • Waynesaurus
  • Pablo
  • theshed
  • winslow_wong
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • FACTHUNT
  • Broncosgirl
  • Justwin
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.