Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he wants to be a 6, he should probably do it. Better for us long term.
Gee, I wonder if anybody has thought to ask Staggs if he wants to be 5/8? I mean, if we knew that we could decide whether to waste our time on conjecture or have a worthwhile genuine discussion about his ability to do said job and his possible future.

As I don't know myself how he feels I can't be bothered worrying about it or where he plays beyond his current contract.

I'm happy at 700k, we shouldn't be offering more than that. If that Titans offer is for real and he wants the money, he should take it. That is another ridiculous offer from them though and good luck finding a 9 with the 50k you have left over.
It’s sounding like they’ve missed out on Brandon Smith to the Bulldogs, so perhaps they really are happy to go all in on him now that there isn’t a premium Dummy Half left on the market.

It’s sounding like they’ve missed out on Brandon Smith to the Bulldogs, so perhaps they really are happy to go all in on him now that there isn’t a premium Dummy Half left on the market.

Maybe. It is still a ridiculous salary but I imagine it means we would likely be keeping Piakura, Dearden and Coates plus money to chase a Reynolds / SJ and still have a lot left over, that is good news.

It works well if you have an established and stable team like the Storm or the Roosters.

if doesn't work if you're relying on them to be the core of your team, like us

I think we need a mix of both some old hardheads to steady the ship and some bright young talents. We have plenty of promising young players, but none at 9 or 1 (anymore). Not looking to rely on these young players, but would be nice to be targetting and securing our spine players of the future given the pool of current first grade players in these positions seems less than desireable.

The Broncos offer is very decent, I guess we'll find out where he stands, if he is truly a Bronco and here for the club then the TItans offer isn't really high enough to leave for IMO.

The Titans might have to start bidding against themselves again.

Last edited:
The Broncos offer is very decent, I guess we'll find out where he stands, if he is truly a Bronco and here for the club then the TItans offer isn't really high enough to leave for IMO.

The Titans might have to start bidding against themselves again.
Worked on Fifita.

Last edited:
Was just listening to a replay of Dobbo from this morning. He says:
Staggs isn’t going anywhere - his mum has moved to Brisbane, he’s good mates with Turpin and Carrigan and doesn’t want to move.
Also reckons Dearden will play this weekend somewhere in the 17. Says Brisbane are specials to win this one - so we are in trouble...

Okay myml min

Worked on Fifita.
Titans were so sad and desperate they had to pay an extra half a million to get Fifita to drive up the M1.

They'll have to pay 900+ for Staggs.

Nathan Brown anyone?
A handy player that generates good momentum, but Parra offered him 600k a year for 2 years (which is more than fair) and he and his agent wanted to play silly buggers (agent leaking to media that other clubs were interested but got found out when st george said it was complete bull).

We dont need players or agents like that around our club.

Warriors have offered us Hayze Perham to release Reece Walsh immediately, according to the Daily Telegraph.

I wonder if Reynolds is really about to walk away from South’s? Most likely his manager trying to get the bunnies to come to the party party...but what if he is open to leaving? Any takers? Or would we be handing Dearden to the cows?

Perham isn't the worst prospect, but Walsh is worth more than that

Was just listening to a replay of Dobbo from this morning. He says:
Staggs isn’t going anywhere - his mum has moved to Brisbane, he’s good mates with Turpin and Carrigan and doesn’t want to move.
Also reckons Dearden will play this weekend somewhere in the 17. Says Brisbane are specials to win this one - so we are in trouble...

crap ... maybe i should change my tip now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mighty Bronx
  • Jedhead
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • broncoscope
  • RolledOates
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Morepudding
  • broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.