Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutherson can be approached as of November for 2023. He is currently only on about $650 and will be 28 when he becomes available:

There’s something I don’t like about him but he’s a hell of a player. I’d easily start approaching the 1m mark per season to sign him. I spine bookended by Gutho and Cheese would build an incredible culture, both players are relentless and big personalities.

Had been offered a $600k a year from parra so I doubt he would take $350k to come to QLD
700,000 a year. Don't think that's too extreme for a forward leader but I'd probably top put at 650 a year. Parra have pulled the offer now,may leave him more desperate

700,000 a year. Don't think that's too extreme for a forward leader but I'd probably top put at 650 a year. Parra have pulled the offer now,may leave him more desperate
I just don't think investing that coin in another forward atm is the best option, we need spine players. 1 and 9 or 6 would be great for this team , probably more leaning towards a 1 and 9

Gutherson can be approached as of November for 2023. He is currently only on about $650 and will be 28 when he becomes available:

There’s something I don’t like about him but he’s a hell of a player. I’d easily start approaching the 1m mark per season to sign him. I spine bookended by Gutho and Cheese would build an incredible culture, both players are relentless and big personalities.
I said before guthos current deal we should have gone after him. Will be hard to get him out of Parra now but he is a great player with probably one of the best work and effort rates in the comp

Yeah as I've been saying for a long time, go all in on Grant. Turps will make do until then and who knows, if we miss out on Grant, another kid might have emerged by then that we can target. Turps is not our biggest problem by any means, he just needs to become consistent. That said, he has only played like 25 games in his career, so there is still time. We first need to get the fullback and halfback positions right.

I said before guthos current deal we should have gone after him. Will be hard to get him out of Parra now but he is a great player with probably one of the best work and effort rates in the comp

Good player sure but comes across as a massive jerk and we already have plenty of them, no thanks. Let's also stick to Queenslanders where possible.

I would prefer reynolds for 700k at 2 years over milfail at 500k for another 2 years. Not a fan of Reynolds, but nothing left on the market.
If the Broncos re-sign Anthony Milford for ANY amount of money, they're beyond stupid and beyond help.

The club would essentially become the 'Kruger Industrial Smoothing' of the NRL

Last edited:
Anyone coming in to the club, both this year and more importantly next years FA period, who ISNT a spine player prove beyond all doubt that we do not have a plan in place today for recruitment and retention.

I cant make this more plain, simple etc....

We DONT have a NRL standard spine. We cant even drop both of ours because we have only 1 half to come in, Boyd, Walker, SoS et al all left....

What precisely it takes to bring Dearden in I dont know. Id like for him to stay in ISC to develop but we simply have no time for that now...

Is the plan to destroy his confidence given the next month of football? Choose your poison, what's worse, losing him to the Cowboys or watch him disintegrate under the pressure here...?

Smoking Joe is on the money....this gets worse before it can get better....

Rumour Brandon Smith has signed with Bulldogs on a three year deal, in Turps we trust I suppose
Wasn't the whole reason for him moving form the Storm to come back to QLD? Maybe that was just media talk...

Hate him as a parra player but in rugby league terms he’s a hell of a player. He could be our very own mad king.

Heard on the grapevine that Titans are apparently offering Staggs $2.3m+ over 3 years and the no.6 jersey. He doesn’t want to go to Sydney, so it’s between us & titans and titans are apparently favourites.

Slim pickings on the free agency market next year in terms of established first graders.

Everyone keeps taking our juniors who are just coming up to first grade level, and its a strategy which has worked really well for teams like the Roosters in recent times.

Does anyone have any knowledge of some bright young talents just rounding into first grade level who we should be prioritising trying to lure away? Grant seems tied up long term at the storm, but there must be some other promising young spine players out there we should be poaching (Eg: Sam Walker).

If he wants to be a 6, he should probably do it. Better for us long term.

he'd also get slightly more money at the Tits

If the Titans want Staggs as a 6, then i'd definitely be looking at Ash Taylor ... he has improved significantly under Holbrook and I think Kevvie could do wonders for him.

although i wouldn't pay him anywhere near the million he is on.

Slim pickings on the free agency market next year in terms of established first graders.

Everyone keeps taking our juniors who are just coming up to first grade level, and its a strategy which has worked really well for teams like the Roosters in recent times.

Does anyone have any knowledge of some bright young talents just rounding into first grade level who we should be prioritising trying to lure away? Grant seems tied up long term at the storm, but there must be some other promising young spine players out there we should be poaching (Eg: Sam Walker).

It works well if you have an established and stable team like the Storm or the Roosters.

if doesn't work if you're relying on them to be the core of your team, like us

I'm happy at 700k, we shouldn't be offering more than that. If that Titans offer is for real and he wants the money, he should take it. That is another ridiculous offer from them though and good luck finding a 9 with the 50k you have left over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Jedhead
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • bert_lifts
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • broncoscope
  • Fitzy
  • broncos4life
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • broncsgoat
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
  • Morepudding
  • Totally Unr3al
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.