Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't know who that is ... is he any good?
I remembered his name and have seen him play at least once but I don’t recall much about his game. I just checked out his highlights to make sure he was the same kid I was thinking of and his highlights don’t look too bad. Definitely don’t remember him doing anything special in the games I have seen him play.

I remembered his name and have seen him play at least once but I don’t recall much about his game. I just checked out his highlights to make sure he was the same kid I was thinking of and his highlights don’t look too bad. Definitely don’t remember him doing anything special in the games I have seen him play.

Is he a Qlder? Can he play fullback? Can he tackle? Will he come for a can of coke and a pie?

don't know who that is ... is he any good?
he’s young got potential much more viable option than Isaako most likely... I reckon if it’s true we should take it, he’ll be cheap as chips and will actually give this team value rather than help developing someone who doesn’t want to be here

Heard on the grapevine that Titans are apparently offering Staggs $2.3m+ over 3 years and the no.6 jersey. He doesn’t want to go to Sydney, so it’s between us & titans and titans are apparently favourites.
Not a worry, we’ll take Taylor then.

he’s young got potential much more viable option than Isaako most likely... I reckon if it’s true we should take it, he’ll be cheap as chips and will actually give this team value rather than help developing someone who doesn’t want to be here
If he was any real prospect the warriors would be keen to keep him you would think?
Dont settle for there left overs imo

If he was any real prospect the warriors would be keen to keep him you would think?
Dont settle for there left overs imo
He’s 21 just cause he isn’t Reece Walsh or tuivasa-sheck doesn’t mean he is shit... he has got plenty of growth and development to go... it’s not like he is gonna cost an arm and a leg so why not

Heard on the grapevine that Titans are apparently offering Staggs $2.3m+ over 3 years and the no.6 jersey. He doesn’t want to go to Sydney, so it’s between us & titans and titans are apparently favourites.
Well obviously nobody knows what his preference is but he has 4 years worth 700k here and 3 for 750 there that’s not a big difference in money... at both clubs he would easily be able to play 6 and he has publicly stated he wants to stay at the broncos... i don’t see why or how the titans would be favourites for 50k more

Last edited:
If we are offering Staggs 700k It's enough to keep him, I think he would feel more confident that he will play 6 for us then Titans who have actual halves there.

We badly need to offload Milford and get an Experienced Playmaker though, Adam reynolds would be the best possible signing for us, he ticks every box, even make him Captain.

Well obviously nobody knows what his preference is but he has 4 years worth 700k here and 3 for 750 there that’s not a big difference in money... at both clubs he would easily be able to play 6 and he has publicly stated he wants to stay at the broncos... i don’t see why or how the titans would be favourites for 50k more
The big difference is the extra year at broncos... guaranteed money and he only needs to look at Milf for how it can go bad when a team no longer has to pay on potential.

Milf is 26/27 this year after signing his million dollar deal when he was 23/24... Staggs is currently 22. If he fails to live up to the potential he could be on the scrap heap after a titans 3yr deal where they are playing him in a new position.

He’s 21 just cause he isn’t Reece Walsh or tuivasa-sheck doesn’t mean he is shit... he has got plenty of growth and development to go... it’s not like he is gonna cost an arm and a leg so why not
I dont see the value in trading down

6. Staggs
7. Reynolds

I think we will be seeing this next year.

I hope not, would rather see

6 - Deardon
7 - Reynolds

Staggs can stay at centre or leave. We don't need to manufacture a 6. Deardon looks more suited to 6 and putting someone like Reynolds inside him would see Deardon improve with every game.

I would be leaning that way as well but judging by everything we're seeing and hearing, I think the club are done throwing big money at unproven talent just to ward off other clubs running poaching raids. Riki is the rare exception to the rule because he made it perfectly clear he wanted to stay for its own sake rather than the money. You can't say the same for Walsh, Dearden, Piakura or Staggs who all tested their value on the market as soon as they were able.

If my gut feeling is correct, I think Kev has adopted the attitude that the only young guys we will be fighting to keep from now on are the ones who WANT to stay. That to me is the right attitude to have. I want players who give a shit about the jumper, not mercenaries.

Because he has been shit for the past 4 years and 2 games.
Nothing will be changing with Milford.
I 1000000% hope Read is on the money here
Walters will definitely give him more time, he's only had two games with Milford himself. I'm not buying it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Dreaglor
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.