Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
TimWhatley

TimWhatley

QCup Player
Dec 1, 2019
He is now. That is why i reckon with walsh gone we make an offer now.

I would also approach drinkwater as a 6 (he has said this is his preferred position in the past). You could get both of them ( a full back and 6) from the savings of not resigning milf.
There's no way storm can afford to keep him in reserve grade after tonight.

porouian

porouian

QCup Player
Mar 10, 2008
I remember Perham was in the conversation when the Warriors were trying to figure out who to replace Blake Green with, and it was down to him, Keighran, and Harris-Tavita; they've obviously gone with the latter and haven't looked back, and Perham hasn't really done much since I don't think. He seems versatile at least and as others have said, still young. I know others have mentioned Paul Turner as a prospect but I think he'll be next in line if SOS doesn't work out so they're probably loathe to lose him.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
If the Perham trade offer is legit then take it. Get him for this year to see if he could work moving forward before having to offer him a contract. For those saying that we need someone of Walsh's value, as of now Walsh's value to us is sweet **** all. By all accounts he isn't ready for first grade this year and even if he was there is no point putting a spine player in that won't be here next year.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
I dont see the value in trading down
Coz Walsh is leaving anyway, so take a punt, get something, and maybe it works out???

As of right now neither of them has proven a damn thing against men in the NRL, so even the belief that it's trade down is arguable

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Coz Walsh is leaving anyway, so take a punt, get something, and maybe it works out???

As of right now neither of them has proven a damn thing against men in the NRL, so even the belief that it's trade down is arguable
is there someone local that would be better taking a punt on,all you are doing by making that trade is freeing up a spot for the warriors for him this year for someone that they dont see in there plans,i dont think clubs like the storm would be making this trade.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
His body is pretty shot and he’s about 2 head knocks away from retirement so 3 years is a bit of a risk.
For Souths maybe who have Rep players in every other spine position, but for a team in our position 3 years is really not a risk, 7s this good don't come around often especially when you hit the perfect cap replacement player with Milford coming off, Reynolds would be playing Origin for sure if Cleary was unavailable for example.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
The option you could look at is who is available from the warriors next year and if we are interested in signing them.

If we sign someone from 2022 onwards for a 3yr deal then it's at least someone we're committed to and they have committed to us.

A guy like Hiku walks straight into our backline, and even plays fullback when RTS is out.

I'd be willing to take him if the price is right

Theres also Kodi who comes at half the price of Milf and has a PO next year.

Plays 6 or could be a 1 if he dedicates himself to the position.

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
The option you could look at is who is available from the warriors next year and if we are interested in signing them.

If we sign someone from 2022 onwards for a 3yr deal then it's at least someone we're committed to and they have committed to us.

A guy like Hiku walks straight into our backline, and even plays fullback when RTS is out.

I'd be willing to take him if the price is right

Theres also Kodi who comes at half the price of Milf and has a PO next year.

Plays 6 or could be a 1 if he dedicates himself to the position.

I'd love to get Kodi back. Choosing Milf on TWICE the wage over him was stupidity.

Also, as for Hiku, it is pretty funny that all four fullback prospects I can see start with H:

Hynes
Hammer
Hoy
Hiku

Hynes looked good last night but I've been wondering whether Hammer might be worth a punt. Guys with his speed, agility and strength are good in the new NRL failera.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Unless he plays depth wing/centre/fullback, which is still mighty handy.
Perham can be that depth, at least there is upside there.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
So Reynolds apparently wants $2.1m over 3 years, if it’s a choice between him & Staggs on the same money to play in the halves, I think I would be going for Reynolds. He would be perfect for what we need atm and Dearden would benefit from it too. Re-sign Coates who wants to play centre anyway, play Niu at FB and Isaako back on the wing.

Last edited:
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
So Reynolds apparently wants $2.1m over 3 years, if it’s a choice between him & Staggs on the same money to play in the halves, I think I would be going for Reynolds. He would be perfect for what we need atm and Dearden would benefit from it too. Re-sign Coates who wants to play centre anyway, play Niu at FB and Isaako back on the wing.

Sign him up. This is one situation where a player option would work. Offer him $700k for 2 seasons and a player option for $550 in the third year, if he think he deserves more or can get more at another club then he’s free to go, other wise he plays at that price and we don’t get too burnt if his body breaks down.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Sign me up for that price!!

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Yeah I’m on board with this. With all our off contract players if we somehow ended up with this it would be amazing.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I'd love to get Kodi back. Choosing Milf on TWICE the wage over him was stupidity.

Also, as for Hiku, it is pretty funny that all four fullback prospects I can see start with H:

Hynes
Hammer
Hoy
Hiku

Hynes looked good last night but I've been wondering whether Hammer might be worth a punt. Guys with his speed, agility and strength are good in the new NRL failera.
The only concern I would have with Hynes is that he's 25 this year and still living off depth contracts.

To bring him up here would mean we are realistically committing to him being our fullback so it would need to be a 3yr deal or so... otherwise why would he bother leaving.

Storm gave him his chance and he gets paid to be depth... no real point moving unless you're getting a bump in pay, job security and opportunity to have the starting spot.

If it's a cheap 2yr deal then hes basically taking all the risk of leaving a secure position with the storm to have a crack at becoming a starter, but if it fails he has to hope storm or someone else will pick him up on his previous depth contracts.

I would seriously consider Hammer though... offer him a decent deal (cows have mass money tied up in Val and Morgan, and are trying to lock down Drinkwater) and our starting fullback spot, which is wide open.

He looks a genuine footy player... at times he fades in and out of games, but I think you'd basically be picking up a Ben Barba type fullback. Not the most involved in terms of workrate, but has all the skills to finish off tries or create something from nothing on kick returns.

We should be going seriously hard for him.

If you look at the cows they're chasing Dearden, trying to re-sign Drink, Morgan is on a $1m and cant play a season out and Val is on huge money sitting on the wing. Meanwhile Hammer is a forgotten man sitting in center and coming off contract.

Out of Hammer, Drinkwater and Val the cows can probably only keep 2/3.

We go hard for Hammer and if he signs great we've got an excellent prospect to fill a gaping hole in our team and we know he can handle first grade (unlike Walsh who's a bit of an unknown).

If us going for Hammer wakes cows up then suddenly do they have enough money for Drinkwater, Dearden, Morgan and Holmes. So we go after Drinkwater not as good a prospect, but he walks into our fullback spot for the foreseeable future.

If they then sign Drinkwater... then we go after Val on a discount deal. Young goalkicking fullback that also walks into our team.

If they say no... then there's no way they have enough cash to then go after Dearden.

Need to make cows sweat and see which one they give up

Last edited:
ivanhungryjak

ivanhungryjak

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Sep 8, 2009
Sounds ok subject to due diligence on his medical condition.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Badel reports Milford has attention from two other clubs, one of which is the Tigers. He says Milford wants to stay put, but the Broncos won't be paying him more than $500,000 a season.

I reckon right now they don't want to pay him more than $0.00 a season. Even that seems high.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Galah
  • thenry
  • mitch222
  • Financeguy
  • whykickamoocow
  • winslow_wong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • HarryAllan7
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.