Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Walsh has to play a few games as injury cover and absolutely lights it up for us.....

We’d all be on suicide watch

Not if he helps us avoid the spoon, which is probably the primary objective for this year.

Can't be picky about wins and who helps us get them this year imo.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Because he may provide some value moving forward whereas Walsh doesn’t
Exactly.

I don't see how keeping Reece Walsh around makes this team better. If Kev seriously saw him as a back-up option for Isaako then he should have put his money where his mouth is.

As it stands, he's just taking up space and resources that could go into somebody else.

Perham is a fair offer from the Warriors, I just think he's a little raw for what the Broncos need right now. If I could have my pick, Rocco Berry would be the player for me with his size and versatility but I can't see the Warriors letting him go.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Dufty 😅 😅 android auto correct

if the Dragons don't want him ... we should definitely make a play. i don't think we would have to break the bank to get him

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
Perham is a fair offer from the Warriors, I just think he's a little raw for what the Broncos need right now. If I could have my pick, Rocco Berry would be the player for me with his size and versatility but I can't see the Warriors letting him go.
I guess it comes down to how bad the warriors want him this year i guess.

Last edited:
Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
So Reynolds apparently wants $2.1m over 3 years, if it’s a choice between him & Staggs on the same money to play in the halves, I think I would be going for Reynolds. He would be perfect for what we need atm and Dearden would benefit from it too. Re-sign Coates who wants to play centre anyway, play Niu at FB and Isaako back on the wing.
I don't think we would need to choose between the two, we could get both on that money.

Our most important void we need is a Playmaking 7 Followed by Fullback.

Maybe if we can Offload Lodge for his contract price we can definitely afford a good 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: 007
Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I don't think we would need to choose between the two, we could get both on that money.

Our most important void we need is a Playmaking 7 Followed by Fullback.

Maybe if we can Offload Lodge for his contract price we can definitely afford a good 1.
Should say we will give them Walsh early if they take Lodge and a big chunk of his contract. They wanted him anyway

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I hope Brent Read is right that we've already told Milford to hit the bricks. We need to get Reynolds agent on the phone yesterday.

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Will Reynolds come to the reigning wooden spooners though? Will he leave NSW?

Would love to have him of course, but he's a Redfern bogan through and through.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
If piakura is supposed to be a better version then sua , I really hope we hold onto him

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Will Reynolds come to the reigning wooden spooners though? Will he leave NSW?

Would love to have him of course, but he's a Redfern bogan through and through.
He might see it as a challenge to get a shit team on the up.

If we make a few other promising signings, and let's be honest we should be flush with cash, it might make it a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • Wendall Taylor
  • rj9
  • Morkel
  • Bucking Beads
  • IceWorks
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Alec
  • Harry Sack
  • Jazza
  • kman
  • sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Justwin
  • whykickamoocow
  • Dash
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.