Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Badel reports Milford has attention from two other clubs, one of which is the Tigers. He says Milford wants to stay put, but the Broncos won't be paying him more than $500,000 a season.

I reckon right now they don't want to pay him more than $0.00 a season. Even that seems high.

Imagine and edge with the Leilua brothers and Milford. Madge would retire

BRONXFAN

BRONXFAN

BRL Player
Jun 24, 2020
We should really try and get Taupau he will be a great leader for the forwards

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
Imagine and edge with the Leilua brothers and Milford. Madge would retire
I’d wager this is the more likely outcome.

john1420

john1420

It's Bronco Time
Contributor
Aug 27, 2008
is there someone local that would be better taking a punt on,all you are doing by making that trade is freeing up a spot for the warriors for him this year for someone that they dont see in there plans,i dont think clubs like the storm would be making this trade.
That really misses the point.
As for the Storm not making this trade, well we are trying to re-build, and don't have the ability to do what the best clubs can do right now, but we just have to make steps in the right direction.
Not letting someone go early without a swap, is such a step, assuming there's someone of value.
Definitely don't take the first offer though, if they have said "here take this guy" perhaps we should look over their roster and pick someone else.
Somebody mentioned Hiku or KNik, damn good ideas I think.
But if the kid the Warriors are offering is all you can get, then if the club rates him a decent prospect yeah make the deal, but if they don't, Walsh stays put till end of the year.

BroncosFever

BroncosFever

State of Origin Rep
Jun 6, 2014
We would be 100-1 to sign Nikorima off the Warriors, he has become an integral part of their team

Xzei

Xzei

State of Origin Rep
Mar 13, 2017
That really misses the point.
As for the Storm not making this trade, well we are trying to re-build, and don't have the ability to do what the best clubs can do right now, but we just have to make steps in the right direction.
Not letting someone go early without a swap, is such a step, assuming there's someone of value.
Definitely don't take the first offer though, if they have said "here take this guy" perhaps we should look over their roster and pick someone else.
Somebody mentioned Hiku or KNik, damn good ideas I think.
But if the kid the Warriors are offering is all you can get, then if the club rates him a decent prospect yeah make the deal, but if they don't, Walsh stays put till end of the year.
im more of the opinion if he wants to leave release him and chase someone local im not taking a player from the warriors that is off contract at the end of the year anyway just so walsh can go do some work under RTS.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Walters playing hardball with Walsh and the Warriors, refusing to release him immediately:

“Not at the moment. We will look at it over the weekend, but we feel Reece will add some value to our side this year, he is a good young player and we had every intention of playing him this year in the NRL. Even though he has signed with another club, my intention is to keep him here. We will need him as the season goes on.”

McHunt

holdzy

holdzy

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
May 5, 2016
Walters playing hardball with Walsh and the Warriors, refusing to release him immediately:

“Not at the moment. We will look at it over the weekend, but we feel Reece will add some value to our side this year, he is a good young player and we had every intention of playing him this year in the NRL. Even though he has signed with another club, my intention is to keep him here. We will need him as the season goes on.”

McHunt

This is my take on it. I know he's signed elsewhere, but he's a gun and we might be able to use him to jag a win or two down the track.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
Its similar to Penrtih with Burton; he can help them this year, regardless of the fact his future is with the Dogs, why not keep the kid..

Ditto with Walsh.

Much though will depend on his attitude, if he has the shits and all then you can rot in the reserves.

But against my better judgement, we really do need every hand on deck this year...

Last edited:
N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Put it this way, why would we release a guy that according to the Warriors is worth substantially more than the 60k development deal he’s currently on?

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Dudty, buy him, now. FB issue solved.

Last edited:
broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Put it this way, why would we release a guy that according to the Warriors is worth substantially more than the 60k development deal he’s currently on?
Because he may provide some value moving forward whereas Walsh doesn’t

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • kman
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
  • mitch222
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.