Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Badel also called it one of the biggest offers in our history, lol
What a knob jockey! I suppose technically he's correct, it's one of several but nevertheless it's very run of the mill these days.

It’s only a 6% cut
It's not just about the paycut the players have taken. Clubs have less money, the salary cap iirc never got to be as large as was forecast and that's what a got a lot of players the big contracts.

It's not just about the paycut the players have taken. Clubs have less money, the salary cap iirc never got to be as large as was forecast and that's what a got a lot of players the big contracts.
The cap is a 6% cut on what had been agreed to under the original CBA, it’s a cut of less than 600k on next years cap, we will still see players signed on million dollar deals.

Last edited:
The cap is a 6% cut on what had been agreed to under the original CBA, it’s a cut of less than 600k on next years cap, we will still see players signed on million dollar deals.
Also 700k probably means 700k relative to what the cap was before. I imagine most players sign on percentages now.

And 700k for Badel probably means between 400-700k

Last edited:
Also 700k probably means 700k relative to what the cap was before. I imagine most players sign on percentages now.

And 700k for Badel probably means between 400-700k
They’ve all been adjusted to reflect the cut, but it’s an exaggeration to say 700k is the new million.

I don't think it will be as common as it was. A lot of clubs had a massive downturn in finances because of Covid. Lots of people lost their jobs.

If we can wrap up Staggs, Piakura, Dearden and Coates (which is starting to at least look a possibility) soon, that will be good news but hopefully attention turns to filling in the spots we are in desperate need of / shallow in (my realistic suggestions in brackets):

Fullback (Hynes)
Centre (Gagai (likely too expensive) / Opacic)
Halfback (Johnson / Reynolds)
Prop (Lui)
Second-Row (Capewell (likely too expensive) / Su'A / Liu)

I don't have much of an idea of kids around who might come on in leaps and bounds like a Tino last year but they would be worth looking at too, though we don't need more kids.

I don't think it will be as common as it was. A lot of clubs had a massive downturn in finances because of Covid. Lots of people lost their jobs.
Might not be, but the nrl grant covers the cap, it doesn’t come out of the clubs coffers.

Nathan Brown anyone?

Will cost to much and not a position of need.
700,000 would get him with a 2 year contract (shorter for lower risk)...
I agree it's not a position of need but we need some toughness and winning attitude in the middle and he certainly provides it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • theshed
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • marw
  • Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • Pablo
  • winslow_wong
  • FACTHUNT
  • Mr Fourex
  • Santa
  • eazy-duzzit
  • porouian
  • TimWhatley
  • Stix
  • whykickamoocow
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.