Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Been thinking about this a little today. I wonder if our best option would be to put together a group of 3 player like the storm did with Cronk, Smith and Slater and develop them in the same ISC side and bring them through together. If we could get that mateship going they may be more inclined to stay as a group with us if we do the right thing by them.

Been thinking about this a little today. I wonder if our best option would be to put together a group of 3 player like the storm did with Cronk, Smith and Slater and develop them in the same ISC side and bring them through together. If we could get that mateship going they may be more inclined to stay as a group with us if we do the right thing by them.
Worked for the Tigers

I thought that was going to be the plan for paix , Dearden and walsh .

I thought that was going to be the plan for paix , Dearden and walsh .
Maybe they didnt click as a group. Think we are have to going to be pretty careful in the future who we choose to invest our time into.

Pretty much what Penrith are doing too with their young side. Got them winning U/20's and NSW cup together.

Maybe they didnt click as a group. Think we are have to going to be pretty careful in the future who we choose to invest our time into.
Agreed, by all accounts Dearden has proven he won't kick stones in cup as has paix so far. Hopefully they progress and punt some deadwood and get a couple of big signings, especially a 1 and either 6 or a 9.

Yeah, you can't really force friendships. Melbourne got lucky in so many ways with their trio.

Something I’ve been wondering. when Fifita signed his contract all of them congratulated him on insta even though obviously disappointed and now with riki they’re as well. Literally no one congratulated Walsh apart from palasai who he lives with.

maybe he wasn’t liked?

This segment on 360 is embarrassing. Do they even listen to themselves? Walsh signs with the Warriors for upwards of 400k reportedly and it is a massive coup. Dogs offer Piakura upwards of 400k and it would be a massive pick up for them and same for the Titans. Broncos apparently looking to pay Piakura 400k a year and it is all what are they doing, desperation club, etc.

It is embarrassing, absolutely disgraceful journalism.

This segment on 360 is embarrassing. Do they even listen to themselves? Walsh signs with the Warriors for upwards of 400k reportedly and it is a massive coup. Dogs offer Piakura upwards of 400k and it would be a massive pick up for them and same for the Titans. Broncos apparently looking to pay Piakura 400k a year and it is all what are they doing, desperation club, etc.

Mate.........do yourself a favour and just stop watching the idiots.........................it'll eat you up inside.

Mate.........do yourself a favour and just stop watching the idiots.........................it'll eat you up inside.

I don't mind it to be honest, sometimes it is pathetic like that, other times it is pathetic about other teams. It is fun to have on in the background.

Something I’ve been wondering. when Fifita signed his contract all of them congratulated him on insta even though obviously disappointed and now with riki they’re as well. Literally no one congratulated Walsh apart from palasai who he lives with.

maybe he wasn’t liked?

Dont really know tbh. I know the u20's group that lost the grand final to the Warriors was a pretty tight group, dont know so much about the current crop. The only thing i know is the squad right now pretty much does get on, but there are definate groups within the squad. Think i've mentioned it before tbh.

I'd just love to see us concentrate now just on hand picking 3 or maybe 4 of these young guys who we think are going to have a big impact in the future and try to develop them through the same ISC side.

If the figures are correct for Piakura isn’t that the same as what Walsh signed for at the Warriors?
If so, wouldn’t we have been better off giving that to Walsh rather then Piakura as we are in desperate need for a FB.
Not sure what I’m missing unless Cobbo, Herbie, Niu or Staggs are touted as our future FB.
Sadly, I think Isaako will be there for the next few seasons..
UNLESS, we are going to market for a FB. But unfortunately not many will want to come to this shambles.

Last edited:
Yeah, you can't really force friendships. Melbourne got lucky in so many ways with their trio.

Does help though that they were allowed to develop together at the same club in ISC. I know they get a lot of flak for not producing victorians, and probably rightly so, but in terms of how they develop players they are very good at it. They dont bow to pressure and just let them go through ISC and learn their trade. Out of their current squad recent times i can recall watching Munster, B.Smith, Grant, Papenhauzen, Nynes, Kamikamika, Olam, K.Bromwich, Lewis and Hughes all playing plenty of ISC. You can even look at the likes of Drinkwater and Tino, and Way before that Inglis, Slater, Cronk and Smith all serving their time in ISC. We cant just keep picking these kids of ours just because they want lucrative contracts and we feel its the only way to keep them.

Last edited:
**** Ikin and Kent and out and out *****. Last week talking about Riki when there were rumours he might leave they are saying we have to keep him at all costs after losing Fifita. Tonight after he re-signs it’s all about what are we doing we have so many forwards. **** yourself sideways you dodgy *****.

I feel disgusting for at one point hoping Ikin got the CEO job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Allo
  • Fitzy
  • Shane Tronc
  • Scorchie
  • broncsgoat
  • broncotville
  • porouian
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Wild Horse
  • GCBRONCO
  • MrRobot
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • BruiserMk1
  • Sproj
  • Tim K
  • Scdeac
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Rough and Ready
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.