Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully its looking like we are Keeping Kotoni. Seems he isn't getting anywhere near what he wanted to leave, $2.4 million deal over 4 years to stay here.

Last edited:
Hopefully its looking like we are Keeping Kotoni. Seems he isn't getting anywhere near what he wanted to leave, $2.4 million deal over 4 years to stay here.
Gasp! You mean badel and his friends' reports about other teams offering him 800K were inaccurate? I cannot believe that such a respected journalists (stifled laugh) would just make stuff up.

Be hard with Arthars dropping back.
Has Arthars been left out of the bubble??

(assuming you're talking about Jesse or is there another Arthars in the Seagulls team)

Has Arthars been left out of the bubble??

(assuming you're talking about Jesse or is there another Arthars in the Seagulls team)

No he's in Sydney but if things go back to normal and Arthars gets dropped back to Wynnum Cobbo can't play fullback.

Cobbo only got a run at the last minute last week and Colts don't start until the 10th- no ISC this week.

I'm still not convinced of the price or the contract length tbh. Think both are a little too much

Is this reported somewhere or is this inside knowledge? Man that would be fucking excellent.

I'm still not convinced of the price or the contract length tbh. Think both are a little too much

I agree it’s both a little high and long but you can’t always be conservative I guess. It’s not outlandish and he may prove to be worth more than that after a good season or 2. I don’t mind taking a bit of a punt on one or 2 players and being more conservative in other areas. I think Katoni and a decent spine player would be my 2 punts. Unfortunately some idiot thought Flegler was worth a punt.

I don't mind signing Kotoni to that contract considering how potentially versatile a player he could be. Centre, 5/8 and Fullback in that order. He can fill any of those roles in a pinch, and that alone makes him worth it. Add his obvious talent and it seems like a no brainer. If he can be a decent 6 as a lot of people seem to be adamant about, then he becomes more valuable considering Milford's inevitable departure at the end of this season, and shoring up the 5/8 position allows us to focus on other shortcomings like Halfback. I think it's a safe enough bet to stick with Isaako at the back, at least for now. He just needs to find some consistency. We've seen what he can do twice now, against the Rorters in 2019 and last weekend, and there really isn't any reason why he can't be pulling off shit like that far more often. He doesn't need to be a Tedesco or an RTS, he just needs to do enough to allow his fellow spine players to do their thing.

The fact that Staggs is coming back from injury is a concern for me, but there's no denying he has been one of the few game breakers for us for the last two years, so if he can regain that form, and Kevvie can build around him appropriately, I think that's a pretty good price. There's certainly an element of risk there, though.

I don't mind signing Kotoni to that contract considering how potentially versatile a player he could be. Centre, 5/8 and Fullback in that order. He can fill any of those roles in a pinch, and that alone makes him worth it. Add his obvious talent and it seems like a no brainer. If he can be a decent 6 as a lot of people seem to be adamant about, then he becomes more valuable considering Milford's inevitable departure at the end of this season, and shoring up the 5/8 position allows us to focus on other shortcomings like Halfback. I think it's a safe enough bet to stick with Isaako at the back, at least for now. He just needs to find some consistency. We've seen what he can do twice now, against the Rorters in 2019 and last weekend, and there really isn't any reason why he can't be pulling off shit like that far more often. He doesn't need to be a Tedesco or an RTS, he just needs to do enough to allow his fellow spine players to do their thing.

As much as I’m happy with each of those players ability to play in the spine separately an actual spine of :

1. Isaako
6. Staggs
7. Dearden
9. Turpin

Is imo very very ineffective at this point in their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • davidp
  • Wendall Taylor
  • Manofoneway
  • Harry Sack
  • Culhwch
  • mystico
  • azza.79
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Skathen
  • Financeguy
  • Alec
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.