Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good. We keep Walsh to delay his classes with RTS and we don't get a player who doesn't want to be here either.

Not always. Whenever a player leaves it turns out they were on massive unders and only free up six dollars and a half-eaten pie.
Pmsl! How do the roosters do it? We just wanna win comps lol just kidding I was on 5 mill (when one retires)

Mickey Mouse comp

What i have found really frustrating is all this speculation regarding our players that are off contract, but sam walker is off contract and there hasnt been barely a peep of it. So again the roosters will resign him on unders.

I mean us, the tigers, cowboys or titans could at least make offers to increase what the rooster have to pay him to place a little strain on their cap (similar to what every other fuckung team has been doing to us).
Have the NRL sent out a secret memorandum which expressly forbids any other team bidding for off contract Roosters players? It certainly seems that way. players like Keary, and Manu have come up for contract renewal and mysteriously no other team wanted to try and sign them. I just don't get it.

Have the NRL sent out a secret memorandum which expressly forbids any other team bidding for off contract Roosters players? It certainly seems that way. players like Keary, and Manu have come up for contract renewal and mysteriously no other team wanted to try and sign them. I just don't get it.

It’s because the Roosters are just such a loving club and offers potential trips to England, no one wants to leave there as a result.

I remember hearing that the roosters have completely blackballed certain player managers and refuse to sign or re-sign players represented by them, there were a few exceptions who have since changed management. This approach, coupled with things like not playing ball when stars try and pump up their value (eg Mitchell) probably has a lot to do with why player managers don’t get to bend them over by playing out negotiations in the media etc. in other words, the club is run properly.

I remember hearing that the roosters have completely blackballed certain player managers and refuse to sign or re-sign players represented by them, there were a few exceptions who have since changed management. This approach, coupled with things like not playing ball when stars try and pump up their value (eg Mitchell) probably has a lot to do with why player managers don’t get to bend them over by playing out negotiations in the media etc. in other words, the club is run properly.
Agree. They also have the benefit of not worrying about losing their juniors to other clubs, because they don’t have any! They don’t have to pay overs to keep talented juniors that are being eyed by other clubs. They can stick firm to their decisions and cherry pick who they go after from other teams.

Good. We keep Walsh to delay his classes with RTS and we don't get a player who doesn't want to be here either.
It’s not that he doesn’t want to be here he only wants to be a top 30 player

We keep Teo around who isn't performing. And we have Hunt who has played 120mins of really good footy in ISC. Shithouse from Kevvie.
Except we are building a future and Hunts past is shady.

Those in the know, any truth in the Dearden to cowboys dribble that is going around on socials? Imo, can’t see it happening but then again this is the Broncos.

Those in the know, any truth in the Dearden to cowboys dribble that is going around on socials? Imo, can’t see it happening but then again this is the Broncos.
Could be why Kevvie has caved to the pressure and named him to start

Could be why Kevvie has caved to the pressure and named him to start
That's the only reason why he is starting after that lousy display against Melb.
FMD, if it was Croft we'd have pages of the post game thread dedicated to how 'he was the worst h/back' ever.
Yet the golden child's flaws are defended and blamed on some other bullshit factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Skathen
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • davidp
  • FACTHUNT
  • IceWorks
  • Cavalo
  • Organix
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Justwin
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.