Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those in the know, any truth in the Dearden to cowboys dribble that is going around on socials? Imo, can’t see it happening but then again this is the Broncos.

Kevvie has categorically said it won't be happening. He will not be released

Kevvie has categorically said it won't be happening. He will not be released

The difference being Walsh has signed elsewhere, which changes things... Walsh still won't be released until we get a player we want.

Because the Turner deal has so far fallen through, so has the Walsh release

I don’t get it, has dearden got a handshake deal with the cowboys or something? What team just asks for a release unless there is a deal in place for the following year?

Who else from the warriors could we nab in a swap deal? They want him getting pointers from sheck before he leaves. **** you brown and guss cough up a good player we need or piss off.

Who else from the warriors could we nab in a swap deal? They want him getting pointers from sheck before he leaves. **** you brown and guss cough up a good player we need or piss off.
This is the issue with doing a deal like this though. We have to find someone we actually want, someone who wants to come to us and then both parties need to agree to a contract. There's a lot more risk to us than the warriors who already have their man.

It's not a swap deal where both players are loaned to one another for a year and then return... Walsh wants to go because he has a 3yr deal in place with the warriors.

If we had a warriors free agent signed for 2022 then the swap might be easier.

It sounds like the Broncos have found someone they want and Turner wants to come to us (otherwise why would it be falling through now), but we're effectively starting the contract negotiations from scratch.

I think someone on here mentioned just before this morning's chick little article that negotiations were ongoing. It's not like we've been scouting and courting this bloke for months or even weeks so the negotiations could take awhile to sort out.

If we only offered Walsh a $250k-$300k deal then that is probably the starting point for Turner; however he may want more.

It then becomes a question of whether Broncos are happy to pay more to this bloke just to get a swap deal over the line.
Does it really benefit us to release a player just to pay someone else more, even though he could just be depth?
Then it also becomes why didn't we just pay more to Walsh?

Broncos have to be asking if this guy is actually worth investing in and will he stay with the club or piss off in 2-3yrs when his contract is up, which can be difficult if you're coming in cold.

Turner would also want security in the contract... he is one of these hyped up 20yr olds looking for a pay day as well after all.

If the swap doesnt benefit us then **** the warriors... we are under no obligation to release this guy early just because the warriors paid overs

This is the issue with doing a deal like this though. We have to find someone we actually want, someone who wants to come to us and then both parties need to agree to a contract. There's a lot more risk to us than the warriors who already have their man.

It's not a swap deal where both players are loaned to one another for a year and then return... Walsh wants to go because he has a 3yr deal in place with the warriors.

If we had a warriors free agent signed for 2022 then the swap might be easier.

It sounds like the Broncos have found someone they want and Turner wants to come to us (otherwise why would it be falling through now), but we're effectively starting the contract negotiations from scratch.

I think someone on here mentioned just before this morning's chick little article that negotiations were ongoing. It's not like we've been scouting and courting this bloke for months or even weeks so the negotiations could take awhile to sort out.

If we only offered Walsh a $250k-$300k deal then that is probably the starting point for Turner; however he may want more.

It then becomes a question of whether Broncos are happy to pay more to this bloke just to get a swap deal over the line.
Does it really benefit us to release a player just to pay someone else more, even though he could just be depth?
Then it also becomes why didn't we just pay more to Walsh?

Broncos have to be asking if this guy is actually worth investing in and will he stay with the club or piss off in 2-3yrs when his contract is up, which can be difficult if you're coming in cold.

Turner would also want security in the contract... he is one of these hyped up 20yr olds looking for a pay day as well after all.

If the swap doesnt benefit us then **** the warriors... we are under no obligation to release this guy early just because the warriors paid overs
Great post

This is what ticks me off, the arrogance of the Cows to even ask. I hope the club makes an official complaint.
I just don’t know enough, is dearden also being coy about this whole situation 🤷🏼‍♂️

This whole situation with the Cows has soured me on Dearden.
I know he has come out and said he wants to stay a Bronco, but if that was the case, he would have re-signed.
Let him go.
Yeah it’s just odd

Yeah it’s just odd
Head over to Cowboys forums. They are 99% certain the Dearden deal is all but done. They provide no sources or links to anything, but apparently blokes in the know over there have said its a green light on Dearden and to start looking at the team being built around him.

Head over to Cowboys forums. They are 99% certain the Dearden deal is all but done. They provide no sources or links to anything, but apparently blokes in the know over there have said its a green light on Dearden and to start looking at the team being built around him.
Wouldn't believe any of the drongos over there 😉

As much as it hurts to say, and I'd love to be wrong, I don't think the Cowboys would be trying to explore early release possibilities etc unless a Dearden deal was imminent. Think this one's gone.

This is what ticks me off, the arrogance of the Cows to even ask. I hope the club makes an official complaint.
I understood the Cowboys haven’t. A “third party” has proposed the deal whereby Jake Clifford gets released to go to Knights, Dearden gets released to Cows and no-one gets released to Bronx...

Seems legit and I can totally see the Broncos board immediately agreeing to it...

As much as it hurts to say, and I'd love to be wrong, I don't think the Cowboys would be trying to explore early release possibilities etc unless a Dearden deal was imminent. Think this one's gone.
That does seem likely.. At least this clears the confusion if so and the Broncs can plan for next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• davidp
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • broncotville
  • Skyblues87
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • sooticus
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.