Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morris and tupou should get credit for his first 2 , Townsend let 3 in and when Tedesco digs into the line he takes pressure off. Not saying that the kid can't play because he obviously can but seriously, he has it on a platter compared to poor Dearden.
Yep, wonder how Walker would go with no go forward and no field position. Swap Deaden and Walker, Dearden would look pretty good too.

Yep, wonder how Walker would go with no go forward and no field position. Swap Deaden and Walker, Dearden would look pretty good too.
Plus a multi premiership winning coach that has his systems in place and has that experience around him.

i dont think if you put dearden in that roosters side right now he has the same impact as walker

i dont think if you put dearden in that roosters side right now he has the same impact as walker
No not right now but follow the same trajectory as walker he'd definitely be better than what he's producing now.
Can't say if he would or wouldn't

No not right now but follow the same trajectory as walker he'd definitely be better than what he's producing now.
Can't say if he would or wouldn't
and to be fair to him he hasn't been performing bad at all, i just think a lot of people are quick to jump at the half if they aren't setting up 2-3 try's a game. throw any top half in our system right now and they would most likely struggle

For me, if you are playing 7, you steer the side around and manage the game basically. Yes, you need others to do their job but you are still the general. You get players like Smith who have done it from dummy half, but its usually the 7. I see that in Sam Walker, i dont see it yet in Dearden.

It all boils down to one thing really, and its starting to sound like a broken record from me, but its player development and knowing when to play them when they are ready. Clubs like the Storm and the Rorters generally play this kids after they have developed them in their systems and structures. Sometime they will throw them in here and there, but they will pull them back if they need it. All we have done for the last 2 years is play them before they are ready, throw them all in and hope they work, or panic and play them so they sign a contract if they look like leaving. We need to stay strong, even if we lose players, and develop players the way people like the Storm do. Long term, you get the benefits from it. We just need to stand our ground with players who want to hold us to ransom.

and to be fair to him he hasn't been performing bad at all, i just think a lot of people are quick to jump at the half if they aren't setting up 2-3 try's a game. throw any top half in our system right now and they would most likely struggle
Exactly , hopefully he goes back to cup and Kevvie gets us going back to basics and not worrying about results. That way he can come back to a team that at least is doing the fundamentals right.

Young players have to develop and grow. We get blokes who have a couple of errors or who arent superstars off the bat and an element just give them pelters.

For me, if you are playing 7, you steer the side around and manage the game basically. Yes, you need others to do their job but you are still the general. You get players like Smith who have done it from dummy half, but its usually the 7. I see that in Sam Walker, i dont see it yet in Dearden.

It all boils down to one thing really, and its starting to sound like a broken record from me, but its player development and knowing when to play them when they are ready. Clubs like the Storm and the Rorters generally play this kids after they have developed them in their systems and structures. Sometime they will throw them in here and there, but they will pull them back if they need it. All we have done for the last 2 years is play them before they are ready, throw them all in and hope they work, or panic and play them so they sign a contract if they look like leaving. We need to stay strong, even if we lose players, and develop players the way people like the Storm do. Long term, you get the benefits from it. We just need to stand our ground with players who want to hold us to ransom.
Walker has been thrown in because of injury and has experienced players all around him , can't tell me Tedesco wouldn't be God sent for Dearden like has been for walker. As for being the general that should be the experienced half , be it 7 or 6 . Just because you got the 7 on your back doesn't mean you should be categorized as the general, that's what it used to be back in the day.

Walker has been thrown in because of injury and has experienced players all around him , can't tell me Tedesco wouldn't be God sent for Dearden like has been for walker. As for being the general that should be the experienced half , be it 7 or 6 . Just because you got the 7 on your back doesn't mean you should be categorized as the general, that's what it used to be back in the day.
I'm actually struggling to thing of a 6 running around thats a game manager in the NRL. Maloney was probably the last one i can think of that did it well alongside Cleary, maybe Keary as well last year.

Walker though has been developing in the Roosters system better than we have developed Dearden. I dont think Walker has the pressure on him Dearden does either because they are much better equipped than we are to carry a rookie half. They have the system in place to let him play his game, we are expecting Dearden to be the answer to out halfback issue. I think Tommy is yet another player being thrown to the Wolves.

Quite honestly, i'd actually rather see Kelly/Hunt, Milf and Croft as our half options for the year and let Dearden have a full year in ISC away from the NRL until we sort ourselves out as a club.

I'm actually struggling to thing of a 6 running around thats a game manager in the NRL. Maloney was probably the last one i can think of that did it well alongside Cleary, maybe Keary as well last year.

Walker though has been developing in the Roosters system better than we have developed Dearden. I dont think Walker has the pressure on him Dearden does either because they are much better equipped than we are to carry a rookie half. They have the system in place to let him play his game, we are expecting Dearden to be the answer to out halfback issue. I think Tommy is yet another player being thrown to the Wolves.

Quite honestly, i'd actually rather see Kelly/Hunt, Milf and Croft as our half options for the year and let Dearden have a full year in ISC away from the NRL until we sort ourselves out as a club.
Green , Morgan and Munster are who I can think of but over the years Lockyer and fittler to name a few.
I completely agree with dearden back to cup, and I think Kevvie will use those Last two games to hammer a few home truths into him.
Especially considering that dearden /paix combination was pressed as our future 7 and 9 , get them running that souths team and even throw hunt in at 6 .

Re-sign Dearden ASAP if the Broncos really want to keep him and then put him in QLD cup for the rest of the year to develop with some older players around him and some actual wins under his belt.

Green , Morgan and Munster are who I can think of but over the years Lockyer and fittler to name a few.
I completely agree with dearden back to cup, and I think Kevvie will use those Last two games to hammer a few home truths into him.
Especially considering that dearden /paix combination was pressed as our future 7 and 9 , get them running that souths team and even throw hunt in at 6 .

Morgans been playing mostly at 7 though since JT finished ( not very well apart from 2017 either ). Cant believe i didnt think of Munster.

Morgans been playing mostly at 7 though since JT finished ( not very well apart from 2017 either ). Cant believe i didnt think of Munster.
Yeah but that's what I'm saying, he's essentially a 6/1 that was wearing a 7 on his back and steering the team.
Milford should be that guy even when he's off the ball and directing his players to where he wants to put his kick in or attacking play. That's are issue at the moment no direction from any of our spine players , that's why I think Kevvie wants Billy up here because of his footy smarts.

Anyone know who our scouts are? Are they any good?
D1E3025E 5CE1 4CC2 B338 A6ECB4CD57A5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Big Del
  • MrMoore
  • Browny
  • Fozz
  • azza.79
  • kman
  • Harry Sack
  • Swordfish
  • Foordy
  • porouian
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Broncs1459
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Rambstien
  • thenry
  • davidp
  • kiwibronco
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.