Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
These tweets always make me laugh. Do the players all act stunned and surprised when he tells them?
The whole thing just sounds ridiculous. Can you imagine the scene these idiots think will be playing out at the Sharks tomorrow or whenever.

*Chad walks into the dressing room after training, coyly worried about what he has to do next*

Chad: *deep breath* "Hey guys can I just have your attention for a minute? I'm not sure if you have been keeping track of the news lately but I have decided to accept a contract with the Cowboys from next season"

Wade Graham: "What? I had no idea, tell me this is a joke Chad!"

Toby Rudolf: "Nooooooo!!!"

*Moylan is in the corner rocking and sucking his thumb"

Harry Sack

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
The whole thing just sounds ridiculous. Can you imagine the scene these idiots think will be playing out at the Sharks tomorrow or whenever.

*Chad walks into the dressing room after training, coyly worried about what he has to do next*

Chad: *deep breath* "Hey guys can I just have your attention for a minute? I'm not sure if you have been keeping track of the news lately but I have decided to accept a contract with the Cowboys from next season"

Wade Graham: "What? I had no idea, tell me this is a joke Chad!"

Toby Rudolf: "Nooooooo!!!"

*Moylan is in the corner rocking and sucking his thumb"

Dugan softly under his breath: "Chaddy no..." as a solitary tear runs down his cheek.

Cult

State of Origin Captain
Oct 17, 2013
I’m indifferent about the signing I guess. Seems like another signing that nobody else wanted. I just don’t understand why we didn’t make a trade of Ofahengaue for Walters. We just continue giving away and paying for these players to play elsewhere and then other teams play hard ball when we want something from them. What’s the benefit of being the nice guys?

Foordy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
I don’t care who we lose, as long as we sign anyone of note to replace them. Reynolds is apparently going to the Sharks. The pieces are all starting to fall into their places and we are standing around dicks in hand yet again. I’m being dramatic but I can feel it in my gut that we’ll have a Croft and Milford halves pairing going into next season.

right now all we know is that the Sharks possibly are interested in Reynolds. but even if they are, they'll be behind the race right now, because reports also say, it could be weeks or longer before they really start looking at their roster with their new coach.

people just need to fucking relax and stop believing every damn thing that click bait artist Badel says

PNG Broncos fan88

NRL Player
Aug 27, 2018
Levi had issues with the coach at Newcastle but he was a fringe player at Manly so I doubt DCE had much to do with it.

Believe it or not, he started in every game of 2020 for Manly...hardly fringe.
And yet they let him go knowing that serial bad boy Fainu would be MIA for all of 2021 too.

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I'm really disappointed in that signing.

Danny Levi was somebody who Newcastle groomed for years hoping he would turn out OK and outside of the odd game where he just ran the ball he just constantly struggled at dummy half. He then made the move over to Manly and somehow he was even worse and it got to the point where he was being outplayed by a makeshift dummy half in Lachlan Croker who isn't much chop either.

I kept stressing the importance of the last two squad spots and it looks like they've gone to a player they could have just signed on a train and trial and a development player getting an upgrade because the club got spooked after losing Walsh.

The True King

QCup Player
Apr 6, 2018
Dearden isn't worth close to 1mil. Lol at the cows if they are throwing that amount at him, we'll cop it from the media for 'losing' him tho.
Not a bad deal if it's over 2-3 years.

I'll be shocked if he's only signed a year 1 deal for $1mil.... then again it's the cows so maybe not.

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Dearden isn't worth close to 1mil. Lol at the cows if they are throwing that amount at him, we'll cop it from the media for 'losing' him tho.
Its not 1 million a year, further down it says its probably between 300 and 400K.

Battler

NRL Captain
Dec 4, 2013
Its not 1 million a year, further down it says its probably between 300 and 400K.
OK that's a fairer value, still a bit pricey considering what he's shown to date. Surely the club comes up with a competitive offer.

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I'm really disappointed in that signing.

Danny Levi was somebody who Newcastle groomed for years hoping he would turn out OK and outside of the odd game where he just ran the ball he just constantly struggled at dummy half. He then made the move over to Manly and somehow he was even worse and it got to the point where he was being outplayed by a makeshift dummy half in Lachlan Croker who isn't much chop either.

I kept stressing the importance of the last two squad spots and it looks like they've gone to a player they could have just signed on a train and trial and a development player getting an upgrade because the club got spooked after losing Walsh.

Do you think the club needed a back up hooker?

Did Danny Levi cause us to mis out on Turner?

Midean

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2019
Lurking on the Cowboys forums, they reckon Dearden will be announced within the week and are 99% certain he is on his way north.
Speculating 300k/py for 3 years.

Im done with Dearden, he can go to the Cowboys, tired of the hype around potential.

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Lurking on the Cowboys forums, they reckon Dearden will be announced within the week and are 99% certain he is on his way north.

Im done with Dearden, he can go to the Cowboys, tired of the hype around potential.
**** me, just give him between $300-400K, Broncos. I know he's not a forward, but we kind of need halves too.

Caniffe

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Come on Tom, it’s your chance to become a god and get the Cows back for 2015. Ditch the offer and re-sign here

Galah

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2019

Doesn’t make sense that we wouldn’t at least match that.

Midean

NRL Player
Jun 5, 2019
geez a lot of people are throwing their toys out based on rumours alone. if he leaves so be it but we should kinda wait you know, before burning dearden at the stake.
My pitchfork is ready to go. My issue is these blokes gave us our first wooden spoon.
There is a handful of players I don't want to leave the club, the rest I would be happy to see KW play hardball with, offer them the absolute minimum till they prove themselves and set a deadline then pull the offer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehblokgotadola
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.