Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a team list, but a list of players from each position that are realistically “available” for next year that I’d hope we are looking at.
1 Nicho Hynes
2 Regan Grace
3 Hymel Hunt
4 Kurt Mann/Oliver Gildart
5 Jon Reuben
6 Aidan Sezar/Theo Fages
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Dunamis Lui
9 Brandon Smith
10 Jordan Grant
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jaydn Sua
13 James Bentley

I can’t handle Rueben, four ISC’s clubs in four years tells you everything.

while we didn't lose Sam Walker, if what's been said in here is true, then we definitely miscalculated (or botched if you like) our tactics in trying to lure him to our club. we should have played up our connections to his family, rather than excluded them from discussions, although Seibold would have been another obstacle in our way. the other question to ask is would Sam Walker have looked anywhere near as good in our systems, that Kevvie has only had 5 matches and 1 pre-season to rebuild, as opposed to the systems that Robinson has had 7 years to perfect? (remember he also finished as competition easy beats early in his Roosters career)
Uhm, Robinson won the minor premiership and premiership in his first year of NRL coaching.

Second year he took them to the preliminary finals.

Third year he took them to the preliminary finals.

The only down year he had was 2016 where they had significant injuries and Pearce being a significant dickhead and getting suspended.

2017 - lost a preliminary final to the Cowboys.

2018 - won the premiership.

2019 - won the premiership.
So I don't know where the easybeat thing comes in.

Is it an attitude thing? I can only tell you about what I’ve seen on field.

People keep saying if we matched the Titans on Fifita’s deal it would be suicide as we wouldn’t be able to spend money on buying a supporting caste to surround him. What confuses me is Titans spent the money already have Taylor on a mil, was able to get Tino and Ese’ese and still seem to be able to make offers for Staggs, Coates, Piakura and Reynolds, so why couldn’t we? Something don’t add up. Titans can buy anybody that chooses to play for them but we can’t?
They had a lot of people off contract at once, and yeah mal and his toilet block skills

People keep saying if we matched the Titans on Fifita’s deal it would be suicide as we wouldn’t be able to spend money on buying a supporting caste to surround him. What confuses me is Titans spent the money already have Taylor on a mil, was able to get Tino and Ese’ese and still seem to be able to make offers for Staggs, Coates, Piakura and Reynolds, so why couldn’t we? Something don’t add up. Titans can buy anybody that chooses to play for them but we can’t?

I hate to be terse, but if you don't think the NRL are turning some blind eyes when it comes to the Titans at the moment, I've got a shiny new bridge to sell you.

The Titans were somehow able to convince the likes of Boyd and Cartwright to "sacrifice" their crappy contracts ... we had to pay other clubs to take our crappy contracts off our hands
The Cartwright deal was apparently investigated by the integrity unit before he was announced as signing with the eels, for what it’s worth...

The Cartwright deal was apparently investigated by the integrity unit before he was announced as signing with the eels, for what it’s worth...
Is this the same integrity unit that happily drags our players through the mud along with the media, but barely bats an eyelid when a player from a different club does the same thing?

Is this the same integrity unit that happily drags our players through the mud along with the media, but barely bats an eyelid when a player from a different club does the same thing?
Like I said, for what it’s worth.

Cant imagine what the true number is on the freight we paid to move players on this year.

Reckon thats the biggets difference between the Titans cap management this year and ours...

Why do you reckon Delouise Hoeter has never got much of a shot past his time at the Tigers in the NRL?

Those fucking putrid player options have ruined us.

That and paying other players salaries to get rid of them.

Ideally, if we could keep Dearden + sign Reynolds for that magic million dollar figure I think that would be a great outcome for the club.
Tom could learn so much from Reynolds and IMO Reynolds only has 2 more years of on field greatness. Then, Tom will hopefully have learnt a shit load from Reynolds and can lead this team into the future. 🤞
Unfortunately, I get the feeling the club could **** up the whole situation and miss out on their pursuit of Reynolds and in the meantime also lose Dearden in the process.

Why do you reckon Delouise Hoeter has never got much of a shot past his time at the Tigers in the NRL?
This also baffles me. I know his partner managed him for a while and had a very high value on him. Could have contributed to him being placed in the 'too hard' basket.

This also baffles me. I know his partner managed him for a while and had a very high value on him. Could have contributed to him being placed in the 'too hard' basket.

He's always struck me as a player who would be good even as a depth player for NRL clubs.

Not a team list, but a list of players from each position that are realistically “available” for next year that I’d hope we are looking at.
1 Nicho Hynes
2 Regan Grace
3 Hymel Hunt
4 Kurt Mann/Oliver Gildart
5 Jon Reuben
6 Aidan Sezar/Theo Fages
7 Adam Reynolds
8 Dunamis Lui
9 Brandon Smith
10 Jordan Grant
11 Kurt Capewell
12 Jaydn Sua
13 James Bentley
Not Dufty?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • Strop
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Manofoneway
  • broncos4life
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Galah
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • Foordy
  • LGH
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.