Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we are paying Piakura $400k a year i'd be expecting to see him playing NRL this year and soon. Thats a ridiculous amount of money to pay somebody who hasnt even proved he is a top player in ISC yet.
Thought your whole Thought process was that our kids are getting pushed in to early ?

Two second rowers on the bench though plus an undersized forward in Asiata? The forwards already need help, this would be very risky.

Fair enough but how much help is Flegler really providing to this pack at the moment? And Cardigans position in the side is shaky at best.

Fair enough but how much help is Flegler really providing to this pack at the moment? And Cardigans position in the side is shaky at best.
Let's hope that they get put back to cup like milf did if they aren't performing , no excuses any more. It's time to bring in players that are performing in cup and giving the underperforming ones a stint in cup , we don't have to many injuries atm so there's no reason we can't.

Thought your whole Thought process was that our kids are getting pushed in to early ?

Partly. Its not so much pushed too early, its that they are thrown in then left there when they clearly need a break. Sometimes they are ready earlier on rare occasions. I do prefer them to get a good grounding in ISC though in general. I really dont like how we are developing them as a group. Too many in at once then not managed very well once they are there is probably my issue.

My point really is if we are paying a player $400k a year he should be NRL ready. We arent in a position where we can afford to be paying thse young blokes $400k a year to play ISC. We cant keep throwing huge money at unproven players. It hasnt worked for us at all really when you look where we are.

400k for yet another big man with 0 NRL experience.
Why’d they go this route rather then giving it to Walsh I wonder..

If I were Kev I would be putting Piakura on the bench right now and testing his capability in first grade, because if he kicks on, that strengthens the position of Riki and TPJ as starting 2nd rowers to push Glenn out of this side. **** his experience, it isn't worth shit to this side even as captain. He's a cooked goose. I'd rather see him out of the side sooner rather than later. His shamelessness in front of the journos last week when he took shots at underperformers despite being one himself was the last straw for me.
Yeah I agree... I really want our back row to be Riki and Piakura with Pangai at Lock... a lot of skill, flair and competence... as well as even more potential to grow

400k for yet another big man with 0 NRL experience.
Why’d they go route rather then giving it to Walsh I wonder.
I feel we certainly are in need of a 1 more.

I think they have overpaid because they lost Walsh.

I think they have overpaid because they lost Walsh.
Yep, it definitely looks like a panic move. Particularly given the reports that for an extra 50k a year you could get a consistent 2nd rower with origin experience.

Partly. Its not so much pushed too early, its that they are thrown in then left there when they clearly need a break. Sometimes they are ready earlier on rare occasions. I do prefer them to get a good grounding in ISC though in general. I really dont like how we are developing them as a group. Too many in at once then not managed very well once they are there is probably my issue.

My point really is if we are paying a player $400k a year he should be NRL ready. We arent in a position where we can afford to be paying thse young blokes $400k a year to play ISC. We cant keep throwing huge money at unproven players. It hasnt worked for us at all really when you look where we are.
Tbf he isn't on $400k yet (if that is even correct) and 1910 mentioned he's struggling atm , no use throwing him in until he earns the right and is playing well. As I mentioned above he still has time to push for later in the season to get some games.

Awesome... 400k per year for an unproven kid with all potential and no results or experience yet who hasn't even made his mark on reserve grade let alone NRL level.

In 3 years when his contract is coming up for renewal he'll just be cementing his status as a regular first grader and future superstar... so then we can have the pleasure of watching the Roosters or Titans or Dogs or any other team who feels like it poach him away and we're left paying 400k per year to develop a player for one of our competitors. Maybe we'll even release him early to his new team for nothing in return, now that we've set that precedent with Walsh.

Seen this story more than a few times before. Looks like nothing changed.

Awesome... 400k per year for an unproven kid with all potential and no results or experience yet who hasn't even made his mark on reserve grade let alone NRL level.

In 3 years when his contract is coming up for renewal he'll just be cementing his status as a regular first grader and future superstar... so then we can have the pleasure of watching the Roosters or Titans or Dogs or any other team who feels like it poach him away and we're left paying 400k per year to develop a player for one of our competitors. Maybe we'll even release him early to his new team for nothing in return, now that we've set that precedent with Walsh.

Seen this story more than a few times before. Looks like nothing changed.

and if we lost him ... the vast majority of BHQ (and Broncos fans in general) would be whinging about us not offering 400k (if that is a correct figure, and given the source, i'm sceptical)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Spooky1013
  • HVbronco
  • theshed
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • Wolfie
  • Behind enemy lines
  • bb_gun
  • pennywisealfie
  • Footy Fanatic
  • rj9
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.