Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Corey Allan, Will Chambers, Kurt Capewell and Dunamis Lui. All very affordable players.
That'd be great. The backline stops looking terrible with Allan, Farnworth, Chambers, Capewell and Coates.

That'd be great. The backline stops looking terrible with Allan, Farnworth, Chambers, Capewell and Coates.

Certainly looks a better than what is currently in line to be rolled out.

Do you think we will swap Lodge for Su'a? They are both on 700k contracts I believe. It would be the most effective way to sort it out. Bennett is the one that really wanted to sign Lodge here at Broncos to start with.. so he can take him at Souths.
Hopefully for Allan. We've lost some backrowers but i'd gamble on Riki, Glenn and TPJ because we need a fullback desperately

Is this Capewell thing just a dream? Have there been any genuine reports that we could sign him?

Is this Capewell thing just a dream? Have there been any genuine reports that we could sign him?
Nothing I've seen. But he's had a very good Origin series so unlikely he'd settle for a part time role again.

Would be a surprising move , remove our two most experienced props . Surely they would replace him with someone good

I'm really fucking hoping we've got some good players ready to sign that will just get released, because with these rumours the team is looking considerably weaker next year than the year the Broncos won their first spoon.

Last edited:
This is a great little signing. The bloke has that real x-factor about him and has speed to burn. A left field signing, but I really like it. Great stuff Kevvie!

Not to mention he has absolutely been carving up super league... like one of their best players whenever I happen to catch a super league game.

Surprised he's come back with little fanfare, but I daresay he's getting on in age a bit

I'm really fucking hoping we've got some good players ready to sign that will just get released, because with these rumours the team is looking considerably weaker next year than the year the Broncos won their first spoon.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely as the club currently has over $2 million dollars tied up in players they don't reportedly want in Milford, Macca, Lodge (reportedly), Joffa, Oates (reportedly).

Then, they are (reportedly) paying a large chunk of Bird's salary at St George and are apparently still paying part of McGuire's salary at the Cowboys! That would well be $1 million dollars tied up in players playing for other teams.

Now, try to find money to get needed recruits when you have $2-3 million dollars less than other sides.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely as the club currently has over $2 million dollars tied up in players they don't reportedly want in Milford, Macca, Lodge (reportedly), Joffa, Oates (reportedly).

Then, they are (reportedly) paying a large chunk of Bird's salary at St George and are apparently still paying part of McGuire's salary at the Cowboys! That would well be $1 million dollars tied up in players playing for other teams.

Now, try to find money to get needed recruits when you have $2-3 million dollars less than other sides.

The way I'm thinking is based on the assumption that the Broncs wouldn't be over the cap in 2021 if they kept the same side, minus Boyd and Fifita and adding Macca. If they somehow would have been, then I'll take it back, but I just don't see the point in releasing so many players at once and not bringing in anything to make up for it. Just what's the point? Someone like Bird only has a year left, he'd be completely off the books in 2022 and he's being replaced by Copley and Mead. I just don't see the benefit in it.

Last edited:
The only way it's beneficial to release Lodge is if releasing him removes his player options for years 4 & 5.

In that instance he'd be totally off the books by the end of 2022.

I'm not really sure which club takes him though... you'd imagine he wants to head back to Sydney and he's from western Sydney.

• Penrith (his junior club) are already struggling for cap space
  • Wests have already had him and sacked him
  • Eels are likely struggling for cap space
  • Dogs may be an option. Should have mass cap space and have been making moves
  • Souths wont they are struggling for cap and picked up Arrow for this year (Broncos would be paying too much)
  • Roosters cant have any cap
  • Sharks are struggling for cap and buying rejects left, right and centre
  • Newcastle have Klemmer on big money already
  • Manly never seem to have cash
  • Dragons are in the market, but struggled to take Bird or Joffa
  • Warriors cant have cap after picking up AFB

Of all those options dogs are our best bet. If he's released to anyone else we're probably paying a fair chunk of his salary for the next few years

Last edited:
The only way it's beneficial to release Lodge is if releasing him removes his player options for years 4 & 5.

I'm not really sure which club takes him though... you'd imagine he wants to head back to Sydney and he's from western Sydney.

• Souths wont they are struggling for cap and picked up Arrow for this year (Broncos would be paying too much)

Of all those options dogs are our best bet. If he's released to anyone else we're probably paying a fair chunk of his salary for the next few years

The way we are going, we may well eventually be paying players more of the salary cap to play against us than we are players at the club.

We still shouldn’t release Lodge. It won’t do us any good.

Kevvie has my faith, and if they can’t work, then they can’t work, but I’m gonna hate to see all the mouth-breathers go on like it’s a good thing simply because it’s Lodge

Eels - Always on the look out for a grubby forward. Have lost Stefano Utoikamanu, Kane Evans, Andrew Davey, Terepo, Takairangi, Gower.

Manly - Just lost Addin Fonua-Blake and need a replacement.

Dogs - Agree. They have room. Not sure if Trent Barrett would want Lodge though.

Dragons - Man.. I would love to swap Lodge for Josh Kerr..

Rabbits - Potentially a swap with either Su'a or Gagai. (Both on same size contract as Lodge at 700k/season)

Sharks - I wouldn't be surprised. A bit like Parra and Manly. Love a grubby forward. Probably still licking their wounds from the Aaron Woods signing though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • broncoscope
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Midean
  • sooticus
  • Big Del
  • Mister Wright
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Old Mate
  • Tmac
  • Fatboy
  • simplythebest
  • Lozza
  • achievedrap
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.