Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We still shouldn’t release Lodge. It won’t do us any good.

Kevvie has my faith, and if they can’t work, then they can’t work, but I’m gonna hate to see all the mouth-breathers go on like it’s a good thing simply because it’s Lodge
It's like leaving a band aid on because it will hurt for a short period of time after you rip it off. You forget very quickly once the band aid is off that there was ever a wound. Keep the band aid on and you'll be reminded every day that you are/were wounded. JUST RIP IT OFF AND MOVE ON.

The other thing about releasing Lodge this early is that his value is pretty low right now since he had a really shit season. Surely his 2021 will be better and then maybe more clubs will be more desperate to have him.

The other thing about releasing Lodge this early is that his value is pretty low right now since he had a really shit season. Surely his 2021 will be better and then maybe more clubs will be more desperate to have him.
What happens if he doesn't play well and decides to take up his player options? That'd suck. He could take up the player options and then leave.. Like Bird did.

Last edited:
Question about player options, is the player on his last year before his option allowed to field offers like any other player coming off contract? Or does he have to let his option go before he can?

Question about player options, is the player on his last year before his option allowed to field offers like any other player coming off contract? Or does he have to let his option go before he can?
If I'm reading your question correctly, yes, see Staggs.

Just a lose lose for a club handing them out. No wonder players love them.
I have no idea what the rationale is behind signing a player on a high paying contract for 4+ years with most of the years in the players favour.

I really have no idea...

And we have done this with several players?

Who is the one getting bent over their desk in the negotiation room?

Just a lose lose for a club handing them out. No wonder players love them.
Yep , the power needs to be taken from them . The NRL needs to take them out of play , the whole contract structure needs an overhaul.

agree ... what was the point of going to the trouble of posting 7 seconds of the interview ... and i'm not even sure they were the first 7 seconds

I literally replayed it 5 times and I still have little idea what it was about.

According to Kevvie though, Joe O has turned up in a Broncos shirt and at this stage is a Bronco in 2021 and he's looking forward to working with him.

Spoke to X at Byron. He was with Grant, Gagai and a few other QLD players. Grant no chance coming here but there is an offer on the table for Gagai for 2022. They are hoping Souths will release him a year early.

Spoke to X at Byron. He was with Grant, Gagai and a few other QLD players. Grant no chance coming here but there is an offer on the table for Gagai for 2022. They are hoping Souths will release him a year early.
Interesting. I would take that swap with Lodge as I said before. Both are on around 700k a year.

View attachment 10619

Personally I have no idea why we are even bothering releasing Ofa just so we can sign Asiata.. If Asiata costs us 350k a season then maybe it makes sense but if we are paying over 500k we are kidding ourselves.

so far Brent Read has said we a looking to move Ofa on to sign Asiata ... he has also said we are looking to move Ofa on to sign Chambers ...

either he doesn't know what he is talking about (unusual for Read, he is one of the more reliable journos)
or he is hedging his bets
or Ofa moving will free up enough money for both

Why no chance of getting grant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Fitzy
  • bert_lifts
  • Lostboy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.