Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Midean

Midean

State of Origin Rep
Jun 5, 2019
Who gives a flying **** where our halves are from?????

If they can get us out the shambles we are currently in, I’d take a whole team of Melburnians

beggers can’t be choosers mate
Because history has shown us that our greatest success has come from sourcing our playmakers from within.
You cant just ignore that shit mate, there is a reason it worked in the past, and a reason it will work again.
Remember when the Broncos were made up of 10 QLD origin players? That's when we were at our very best, we now have 1 QLD origin player in the side and we are wooden spooners.
Dont need to be a genius to put it together.

If you want to see our Broncos team made up of melbournians and nswelshman, maybe you are supporting the wrong team bub.

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
Moses staying at Parra unless he see 1.0+@4yrs. Staggs apparently likely to stay.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
If we do put deadlines on Staggs and Coates, I definitely think it would be viable to do the exact opposite of what we have been doing and look to get rid of them in exchange someone at the clubs they go to.

Obviously Drinkwater for Dearden, Staggs for Opacic/Brown and Coates for B Smith. Could end the season with this spine, whilst looking to replace the 7 for next year.

1. Herbie Farnworth
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Brodie Croft
9. Brandon Smith

Already looks like a better team

NRL Captain
Contributor
Sep 22, 2016
If we do put deadlines on Staggs and Coates, I definitely think it would be viable to do the exact opposite of what we have been doing and look to get rid of them in exchange someone at the clubs they go to.

Obviously Drinkwater for Dearden, Staggs for Opacic/Brown and Coates for B Smith. Could end the season with this spine, whilst looking to replace the 7 for next year.

1. Herbie Farnworth
6. Scott Drinkwater
7. Brodie Croft
9. Brandon Smith

Already looks like a better team
I actually think Croft would do well as a game manager with a good pairing at hooker and half to back him. He just needs to become more confident with barking instructions and managing a game forward. He will never be a Langer, but if he applies himself he could be 80% of a Cronk/Smith game management style. He needs to focus on talking, control and positioning - not worry about flair or game breaking moments. He wont get confident being in and out of the side each week.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I actually think Croft would do well as a game manager with a good pairing at hooker and half to back him. He just need to become more confident with barking instructions and managing a game forward. He will never be a Langer, but if he applies himself he could be 80% of a Cronk/Smith game management style. He needs to focus on talking, control and positioning - not worry about flair or game breaking moments.
Looking at all our halves over the last year and a bit, he’s the only one that has any quality about him and the ability to push himself to be better. Milford is done at the Broncos, Dearden has shown nothing, Staggs is more of a fullback than a 6, Turpin is a spud wherever we put him.

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
All this fifita crap pisses me off, you read so called "expert opinion" stating the clubs cap is out of whack & the big bucks should be reserved for spine players and yet next sentence say we shouldn't have lost fifita? Then we get the stories about how he left because of club culture, not money, yet if that were true why would the titans have to have paid him $400k a year more then we were willing to offer him? Why would he reject their offer twice only for the titans to continue to increase it if his motivation to leave was because of "culture"? It's just nonsense and even the idiots writing it know it's nonsense, but it doesn't make for as good a story. How any of them can call themselves journalists I don't know, they are lousy fiction writers at this point.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
All this fifita crap pisses me off, you read so called "expert opinion" stating the clubs cap is out of whack & the big bucks should be reserved for spine players and yet next sentence say we shouldn't have lost fifita? Then we get the stories about how he left because of club culture, not money, yet if that were true why would the titans have to have paid him $400k a year more then we were willing to offer him? Why would he reject their offer twice only for the titans to continue to increase it if his motivation to leave was because of "culture"? It's just nonsense and even the idiots writing it know it's nonsense, but it doesn't make for as good a story. How any of them can call themselves journalists I don't know, they are lousy fiction writers at this point.

Agreed. I do know however that Seibold was definitely a factor but ultimately the $$ were too hard to ignore. I know someone that was very close to him at the time, worked with him a lot as he was coming through the ranks etc.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Agreed. I do know however that Seibold was definitely a factor but ultimately the $$ were too hard to ignore. I know someone that was very close to him at the time, worked with him a lot as he was coming through the ranks etc.
You know someone close to Fifita?

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013

You know someone close to Fifita?

Emotion Reaction GIF

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
It’s the sort of thing you say afterwards because you don’t want to admit you went for the money.

But it’s pretty simple, why would the titans have to offer $400k a year more to get him to leave Brisbane if it “wasn’t about money”. Seriously, it’s just nauseating how stupid some people are.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
It’s the sort of thing you say afterwards because you don’t want to admit you went for the money.

But it’s pretty simple, why would the titans have to offer $400k a year more to get him to leave Brisbane if it “wasn’t about money”. Seriously, it’s just nauseating how stupid some people are.

Which is exactly what I said to him. I didn't rubbish the whole Seibold thing but I countered with everyone knew the coach was gone at the end of the season so wouldn't be a factor in any new contract. It was the $$, pure and simple.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Here's a thought for the gossip columnists, should we enquire with Canberra for a swap of Papalii and Lodge?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Here's a thought for the gossip columnists, should we enquire with Canberra for a swap of Papalii and Lodge?
I’m one of Papa’s biggest fans but he’s been pretty average this year. Lodge is better value for money at the moment imo.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
We would need to add some $ to get a deal like that over the line.

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
And we can say the opposite, we have to stop playing incompetent nice guys.
Yeah but since we would be the ones pushing the deal we have to do the heavy lifting to make it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• barker
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.