Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

broncomax

NYC Player
Oct 5, 2013
Anyone think Reynolds would come to the Broncos without the Supercoach being here too?

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018

There's nothing new in this story. Kevvie's giving Badel nothing, so he's having to feather his column out with rehashed news.

I know it's fashionable to bash Badel for this, but it's tough having to keep the momentum going when the coach is giving you **** all. He's paid to file a few thousand words a day on the Broncos, and all Kevvie's got is he's waiting for Staggs to make up his mind. **** me dead that's pathetic.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Staggs is gone. These long negotiations rarely seem to go our way. And even if it does, he's fucking us around like Fifita all over again.

That aside, I have a bad feeling about Reynolds and hope we don't sign him. He should stay at Souths, that's his home. They know better than us what he's worth yet they're not willing to risk three years. He should accept the one year and prove them wrong. He can always go elsewhere at the end of that year. But it seems even he doesn't back himself that far out.

I get that he's a fantastic player - no argument - but he's not the player we want to build the club around. Maybe one year, but spending big on broken players got us to this point.

L

Locky24

QCup Player
May 17, 2009
I get that he's a fantastic player - no argument - but he's not the player we want to build the club around.
Yeah let’s just stick to what we have and be in the exact same spot next season shall we? .. FMD..

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
There's nothing new in this story. Kevvie's giving Badel nothing, so he's having to feather his column out with rehashed news.

I know it's fashionable to bash Badel for this, but it's tough having to keep the momentum going when the coach is giving you **** all. He's paid to file a few thousand words a day on the Broncos, and all Kevvie's got is he's waiting for Staggs to make up his mind. **** me dead that's pathetic.

If I were a betting man, I'd say Staggs is gone. These long negotiations rarely seem to go our way. And even if it does, he's fucking us around like Fifita all over again.

That aside, I have a bad feeling about Reynolds and hope we don't sign him. He should stay at Souths, that's his home. They know better than us what he's worth yet they're not willing to risk three years. He should accept the one year and prove them wrong. He can always go elsewhere at the end of that year. But it seems even he doesn't back himself that far out.

I get that he's a fantastic player - no argument - but he's not the player we want to build the club around. Maybe one year, but spending big on broken players got us to this point.
We should know within a week what Staggs is doing but I agree it has dragged on too long.
Don't worry about Reynolds he isn't coming.

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
We should know within a week what Staggs is doing but I agree it has dragged on too long.
Don't worry about Reynolds he isn't coming.
Yeah, I heard Kevvie tell Badel that. Thing is, it's not the first time he's said it. Just like Fifita all over again.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I really don't think we need him to be honest but I'm often wrong. I saw enough in the Penrith game to think we're close and interestingly, at least to me so does Haas.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
Anyone think Reynolds would come to the Broncos without the Supercoach being here too?
Well seeing as how Reynolds has played 7 of his 10 years without Bennett as his coach and he wouldn't have been his coach next year if he had stayed at Souths i don't see why not.

Our hurdle for Reynolds is getting him to move his family.

Financeguy

Financeguy

NRL Player
Apr 24, 2013
I really don't think we need him to be honest but I'm often wrong. I saw enough in the Penrith game to think we're close and interestingly, at least to me so does Haas.
I love your optimism but didn't you also see enough in the Titans, Storm, Souths and Parra games to suggest we are not close and we need some better players recruited?

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
Yeah, I heard Kevvie tell Badel that. Thing is, it's not the first time he's said it. Just like Fifita all over again.
Yeah I heard that too but that's not why I think it will get sorted soon.
Tomorrow is D Day and I think Staggs situation will be near the top of his very big in tray.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010

I agree to an extent regarding Reynolds. I don’t think any options are perfect but I think not signing a half is almost suicide. We need something to at least give the impression to others that things may improve next year because no one will want to be at the club if we don’t.

The key is to sign the least bad option. I think DCE would be a huge get though I don’t buy that it’s viable.

Out of Moses, Reynolds, and Johnson, I think it all comes down to price and length. Basically we need to fix our team but do so in a way that leaves enough money to land one of the actual marque players in a few years (Ponga, RTS, Grant, Munster, etc).

I think Johnson would be the most willing to come on a favourable contract so he’d probably be my preference. Reynolds you’re essentially just buying an amazing kicking game and not much else.

I don’t really have an answer but it could be the most important moment in the clubs history if they get it right.

B

broncomax

NYC Player
Oct 5, 2013
Agreed didn't know SJ was an organising half - I can see the interest in him now. Has to stay injury free but.

Dazza 92

Dazza 92

NRL Captain
Oct 13, 2014
who says that Kevvie and co is going down to Sydney to talk to Reynolds?

Could be anyone? Could be no-one...?

Id like to think to is to talk to SJ, more likely its to help his son move house to Brisbane...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • FACTHUNT
  • barker
  • Jedhead
  • Old Mate
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • bazza
  • Browny
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Locky24
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.