Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Must admit I never saw Issako in the centers for Souths. He was always fullback when I watched him.
He played centre back in the day for Sharks and was pretty good there. I have always thought centre may be his best position.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
Must admit I never saw Issako in the centers for Souths. He was always fullback when I watched him.
I thought 1910 or someone said he had a big game in the centers??

Thought I could recall someone saying that he's played right center before...

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
On paper maybe. Look both Lockyer and Walters have said they haven’t got any to spend on players and most are thinking salary cap.
I hope I'm wrong but I think we’re broke.

For 2021 we are but 2022 is something completely different.

We won’t have Macca or milf here or at least not on as big of contracts, we won’t be paying for bird or whoever else we are paying for at other clubs

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
For 2021 we are but 2022 is something completely different.

We won’t have Macca or milf here or at least not on as big of contracts, we won’t be paying for bird or whoever else we are paying for at other clubs

And if we're that desperate for coin we can release some of these highlighted names.. Ofa and Croft together equal 1 mil. Oates and Pangai together equal 1.2 mil. That's about 2.2 mil in 4 players that we could release after next year. Throw in Macca and Milf like you said and that's another 1.5 mil.

3.7 mil freed up right there

Last edited:
Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Has he? Even at his best I was never overly confident his game would carry over to Origin.
i'm in this club too. have had many arguments with members that milf would be a benchie at best in origin. origin is too structured for a player like him to do this thing (whatever that is these days) for 80mins. bringing him off the bench in a roving role for 30mins a game? 100% can see him doing that.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I want him to stay, but $600k is overs just because tigers or some other desperate club is throwing massive coin at him.

If he wants the cash early to go and play out of Shitney then all good... if he wants to take $400-$500 and remain in Brisbane then also all good.

I just cant be fucked getting into a bidding war ala Fifita for a center that still has plenty to work on

Thats what Kotoni is hoping for, a bidding war.

Renegade

Renegade

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 14, 2008
Thats what Kotoni is hoping for, a bidding war.
Good for him, as long as we say mate that is cool, good luck to you, you have x amount of weeks to decide on our offer or we will pursue someone else/focus on a junior.

bidding wars don't happen when options are off the table.

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
He played centre back in the day for Sharks and was pretty good there. I have always thought centre may be his best position.

You never watched him play center for the Sharks youth sides.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Good for him, as long as we say mate that is cool, good luck to you, you have x amount of weeks to decide on our offer or we will pursue someone else/focus on a junior.

bidding wars don't happen when options are off the table.
Well yeah we can always say straight up if you get over 700k go for it because we will never offer more than that.

Does anyone think he could shift to fullback or 6 in the future?

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I thought 1910 or someone said he had a big game in the centers??

Thought I could recall someone saying that he's played right center before...

I know he did play center for Cronulla before we picked him up, but I doubt anyone on here watched him in enough games to make a call on his ability there ( and im not talking youtube clips! ) I actually have a feeling from the little bits I've seen he was on the left, but I couldn't honestly say if I know or not.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
But that's where I have seen him play centre.. So..
Of course you did. You often went down to the shire to watch Cronullas young blokes playing. Now where that face palm meme.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
Of course you did. You often went down to the shire to watch Cronullas young blokes playing. Now where that face palm meme.
Mate you should really start taking out the butt plug the day after if not the night of

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
Mate you should really start taking out the butt plug the day after if not the night of

I think you should stop lying and pretending you know all about these players you keep babbling on about. You just follow the hype.

And I wasnt obvious the only place you would have seen him was in a youtube clip.

upthebroncs

upthebroncs

NRL Player
Oct 16, 2016
I think you should stop lying and pretending you know all about these players you keep babbling on about. You just follow the hype.

And I wasnt obvious the only place you would have seen him was in a youtube clip.
You're insane. Stop projecting crap onto me. You're mostly mad at me for being right all the time.. Meaning you are wrong a lot of the time.. Because you choose to disagree with me

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
You're insane. Stop projecting crap onto me. You're mostly mad at me for being right all the time.

Ha ha, of course I am. You are comedy gold!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Bucking Beads
  • LittleDavey
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.