Broncos Roster, Signings and Rumours Discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we were any hope of getting Walker, I'd be right with you there.
Edit: I’m with you on Walker. He should be the face and future of the club for 5 years. On a Ponga like deal. My big concern is his shoulder, he definitely has issues with it.
I know you can't take Walters at face value, but what he says here about a QLD pathway from 37s:

What do the Broncos actually need that we currently don't have?

- Experience
- Leadership
- Good long kicking game with the ability to kick to the corners and get us out of trouble.

Reynolds offers all of this, plus he's a premiership winner and former Origin player.

He's also a family man and isn't going to be out making an idiot of himself on the piss, which some of our young guys could learn a thing or two from him about.

Sam Walker is looking to be the next superstar of the game, but how many of those have we overpaid over the last few years and I can't think of a single one that has worked for us so far.

We've already got so many 'future stars' in the team, we need somebody like Reynolds to steer the ship and keep the young dumb pricks in line.

He is EXACTLY what we need - write the cheque!

Ok with 3-4 years, not ok with captain if that’s even remotely true. This isn’t SuperCoach

Ok with 3-4 years, not ok with captain if that’s even remotely true. This isn’t SuperCoach
Who should be the captain?
Haas is the only one that really stands out, but he's been a bit dumb off the field.

I hope he rejects us. We don't need him. The Penrith game proved it and had Gamble played in that game instead of who we had there I believe we would have won the game. Of course I can't know that for certain but that game proved to me we can match it with the best. We only need belief and commitment, we have the talent. That said Reynolds would improve our team and if it's responsible cash management I suppose we might as well.

I suppose I should say it like this, we don't need him but if we can afford him we may as well. I think the millions spent on Milford has soured me on long term big dollar deals. I'm probably wrong and bloody well hope so. Hell, thinking on it there's a chance Reynolds could make us top four material. I think it's more a want than a need. I admit I'm torn.
If anything I would argue the Penrith game proves we need a good 7, We lost that game because Penrith had Cleary, it was basically equal apart from that. That saying Gamble wasn't playing but I think it's a little early to just say he would make all the difference when he has only had 1 full game for us, I personally would be happy if we can drag it out a bit and see if Gamble keeps performing before trying to sign someone like Reynolds up though.

Alot of people like to write off the players who have been in lower grade longer then the usual but given how weak Halves have been in general in 1st grade I think there are plenty of players in the lower tiers who have been playing for years with freedom to experiment and would actually be better then most of the ones currently in NRL because of that, too many 1st grade coaches out there trying to force halves to stay on one side of the field and not try anything which in turn hurts their ability.

Who should be the captain?
Haas is the only one that really stands out, but he's been a bit dumb off the field.
Dunno yet

I just have issues with new players at a club with no history with that club getting the (C)

And just to add to this, obviously I mean in comparison to if he takes the Sharks deal, who as I see it don’t really have any prospects on the horizon unless Graham plays himself back into the fold.

On this topic, I’m not sure if moving to 5/8 now Is the smart option for Staggs. NSW (like QLD) have a shortage of legitimate centre options. Staggs and Bird should be able to put good cases forward for those spots if they continue their expected form.

Freddy has shown a willingness to pick spine players in those positions if they’ve played there before. Staggs will be very unlikely to make origin as a 5/8 because there is decent depth in NSW halves now. Walker, Wighton, Burton, Luai (in no order). If Staggs was smart he’d play 1 more season at centre and hope to crack the origin squad, then after a good series which would likely cement his position, he can move the halves at club level and enjoy the best of both worlds.

Long pointless post really
Latrell and Tturbo will always be in the team if fit, most likely at centre with Teddy at fullback and Paps on the bench. They also have Crichton and Lomax at centres options. I don’t think Staggs will make the origin team for a few years unless injuries

Latrell and Tturbo will always be in the team if fit, most likely at centre with Teddy at fullback and Paps on the bench. They also have Crichton and Lomax at centres options. I don’t think Staggs will make the origin team for a few years unless injuries
He was ahead of Lomax last year on the pecking order, I would give him a fair chance of displacing him again but I doubt it will happen this year, minimum 2022 coming off an ACL.

The Cows signed a 30 year Townsend on 800k a year (journo numbers ofc). Arey for 700k is a no brainer. With medical retirement easily exploitable for pre-exisiting injuries the fourth year isn't a risk.

Robati is a big boy isn't he. Looks big and mobile, happy to have him locked up.

Apparently the Titans a making a hugggggge, late minute bid for Coates that has blown both the Broncos and Melbourne out of the water.
Who would of thought $$$$$$$$$
If ya can't beat em, buy em all apparently.
Piss off GC, ya flogs/little brother.

Apparently the Titans a making a hugggggge, late minute bid for Coates that has blown both the Broncos and Melbourne out of the water.
Who would of thought $$$$$$$$$
If ya can't beat em, buy em all apparently.
Piss off GC, ya flogs/little brother.
Who Evers doing the books for the Titans needs to do the books for us. How the hell can they still be throwing money around?

Who Evers doing the books for the Titans needs to do the books for us. How the hell can they still be throwing money around?
Because they have blown the budget on non spine players.

Watch what happens when Brimson comes off contract, could be an easy steal.

Wtf are the titans even doing?

Their biggest priority when deciding who to sign is either do we want them or do they already play for us ... if they can find someone who is both, they blow their wad in less than a minute, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Stix
  • Galah
  • Volvo Driver
  • Bucking Beads
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ostin86
  • GCBRONCO
  • Painin the Haas
  • broncs30
  • Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • IceWorks
  • bert_lifts
  • Ejbroncos
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.